Ewwgene

Average Stat

HP:17
ATK:18
SPD:9
DEF:6
RES:5

Deathly Dagger
After combat, inflicts Def/Res -7 on foe through its next action. If unit initiated combat, 7 damage to foe after battle.

Glimmer

Grants 50% to damage dealt.

Life and Death 3

Grants Atk/Spd+5. Inflicts Def/Res-5.

Threaten Spd 3

Inflicts Spd-5 on foes within 2 spaces through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Depending on whether or not poison dagger is passable, can be pretty great. (You'd much rather sacrifice Kagero to him rather than him to Kagero, seeing how Kag is a 4 star base.)

Otherwise mostly useful to give Kagero Life and Death (and Glimmer).

Edit: ...Although Kagero might want Death Blow instead (from Klein). *Shrugg*

Edited by DehNutCase

Looks like he is the only good unit from the new focus. Good luck getting him with 4 colorless heroes though. Seriously, WTF. Lucius should have been a green or blue tome user...

You have a 3% chance of getting a 5* focus and then it's 1 in 4 chance to get Jaffar. That's a whopping 0.75% chance per colorless orb. And there is a chance you don't get any colorless orbs when summoning.

If you get him, consider yourself very fortunate. And then hope to hell that he has a good Boon/Bane. Lol, I think i'm going to pass on this focus group.

This looks... interesting.

So, he still dies to Hector (I was hoping for an "effective against armor" thief to mix things up, but oh well...).

I don't know if he survives Nowi (Someone should check that.)

So that leaves Takumi and Tome Users. Does he survive attacking into Linde? What do his stats build like?

Jaffar is my 5* for this focus (was getting scared I wouldn't have a 5* after the  fourth pull... you only have so many free orbs... saving for in two weeks (or four, if I don't have enough orbs for at least three pulls). (And my first non-red 5* :D: (after six...))

I didn't check his boon-bane :>_<: . Well, 5*s get leveled to 40 no matter what. A bonus character guaranty for the next arena season.

He definitely softens all melee units for the kill... but keeping him alive is complicated...

2 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

This looks... interesting.

So, he still dies to Hector (I was hoping for an "effective against armor" thief to mix things up, but oh well...).

I don't know if he survives Nowi (Someone should check that.)

So that leaves Takumi and Tome Users. Does he survive attacking into Linde? What do his stats build like?

Average Nowi has 45 ATK. The lowest HP & RES that are reported on the Wiki are respectively 38 and 14. He should probably be fine :)

Average Takumi has 46 ATK. Again, lowest HP noted the wiki for Jaffar is 38. The only reported defense stat is 20. He'll be fine. Average Linde has 49 ATK, so Jaffar should probably  be safe. That is to say, his reported stats are correct and the 38 HP and 14 RES are not both neutral.

14 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Average Nowi has 45 ATK. The lowest HP & RES that are reported on the Wiki are respectively 38 and 14. He should probably be fine :)

Average Takumi has 46 ATK. Again, lowest HP noted the wiki for Jaffar is 38. The only reported defense stat is 20. He'll be fine. Average Linde has 49 ATK, so Jaffar should probably  be safe. That is to say, his reported stats are correct and the 38 HP and 14 RES are not both neutral.

Ok, that's cool. So, Nowi won't be too much trouble, and he can tank Takumi and Linde. Not bad. Too bad he can't take Hector, but definitely pretty good for a thief.

His average max speed is 38. So +spd would be useful only in very specific situations (also considering he has threaten speed). I think +atk would be better, since he's close to killing a few things as is. The bane to take would be -res or -def... depending on what type of opponent you want to specialize on: mages or daggers/bows.

Interesting side note: Neutral Jaffar actually wins a 1vs1 battle against neutral Kagero with 1hp left :P:

Seems good. I want him for my four fangs team. (now knowing Lloyd is coming late May.) But the pull rate is too damn low. Maybe he'll eventually get lowered to a 4* possible pull like Eirika already has.

3 hours ago, Skala_Bundet said:

His average max speed is 38. So +spd would be useful only in very specific situations (also considering he has threaten speed). I think +atk would be better, since he's close to killing a few things as is. The bane to take would be -res or -def... depending on what type of opponent you want to specialize on: mages or daggers/bows.

Interesting side note: Neutral Jaffar actually wins a 1vs1 battle against neutral Kagero with 1hp left :P:

Whoever wrote that about 1vs1 Kagero was an idiot. You forgot daggerbreaker silly :P: (:>_<:)

I have him at lvl 33 so far and he's been very strong, great synergy with a Dancer unit also. That additional 7 damage then the follow up hit from Olivia with his debuffs applied can take out just about anyone I've faced him against yet. I like him much better than my Kagero so far.

*note* I haven't faced Hector or Linde yet with him and have been grinding mostly Training Tower but he's easy to play 4-5 levels below enemy without getting too risky for him getting wiped out a lot. 

No deal.

Kagero already can triple dmg units which Jaffar will only be top tier when he is given Poison Daggers.

He has the best skills of any dagger unit from a nonbias standpoint.  By that I mean Kagero is obviously better because 90% of the meta in arena is infantry so he kills everything.  If horses and fliers become more popular, however, Jaffar will end up being the best.

Unfortunately they decided to make his stats really low (upsetting), so after the skill inherit he would be best used as food for a better dagger unit...I would never do that because Jaffar is awesome but that would be the smartest move from a competitive standpoint.  His stats are well focused (41 speed holy crap), but the stat total is rather low.  Also note his stats aren't low compared to nocolor units, just low overall for a focus 5*.

Edited by Lushen

On 3/15/2017 at 5:07 PM, Lushen said:

Unfortunately they decided to make his stats really low (upsetting), so after the skill inherit he would be best used as food for a better dagger unit...

Edit: bad math!

Edited by Razputin13