Siliconera just posted an article with the latest info from Famitsu.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/14/fire-emblem-echoes-reveals-two-new-characters-well-system-details/

Included: new art for characters Silque and Lukas (and better pictures of the non-Tobin villagers), plus new characters Effie (called Faye in the PAX videos I believe) and "Berkut" (our mysterious black-haired man).

There's also reiterations about difficulty and how magic works.

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge

About Terrain Effects: Since there is no weapon affinity in the game, terrain effects are crucial. For example, attempting to hit a character in a forest will have your accuracy lowered by 40%.

40%.

Jesus Christ how horrifying

It's a good thing magic ignores terrain

Oh, so black haired guy was not Zeke, and in fact a totally new character. I wonder if he's recruitable. Then again, Alm's army (if that's where he potentially gets recruited) probably doesn't need more Paladins/Gold Knights.

20 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Didn't they learn from FE6/!?!?!

I'm pretty sure Zeke is going to have the same hair color as he's always had, given his prominence elsewhere maintaining it.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Poor Faye.

I hope someone can get us the high quality images/scans when they become available.

Japanese Nintendo is really good with doing that. I expect them to upload it within the next day or two.

46 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

now you maybe see why having a +-15 hit rate triangle over that is perhaps a bad idea

it also elevates mages because they ignore terrain bonus but they do want to push the bonus avoid you get from terrain

I wonder, with how we know that there is normal and hard difficulties, I wonder if we can unlock a lunatic difficulty or even have a secret easy mode like in the original where you get more exp.

5 minutes ago, Azz said:

I wonder, with how we know that there is normal and hard difficulties, I wonder if we can unlock a lunatic difficulty or even have a secret easy mode like in the original where you get more exp.

Potential DLC maybe? Whole difficulty modes are becoming DLC nowadays because each difficulty mode may have different playstyles that can differ, like the variance between Veteran and Legendary in Halo, or something like that.

2 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Potential DLC maybe? Whole difficulty modes are becoming DLC nowadays because each difficulty mode may have different playstyles that can differ, like the variance between Veteran and Legendary in Halo, or something like that.

I suppose.

I do hope they do add something akin to easy mode. It seems based on the videos from PAX that exp gain is quite minimal and with the fact grinding is quite encouraged, it would be quite tedious, especially if female mages promote at level 20 like in Gaiden.

Does anyone know who was the other guy that was talking to the new Black Paladin character, was it one of the Gaiden bosses or is it a brand new character? I did went to that website and the quality of the image is really hard to see and the JPEG format is really bad in the close up to see what he looks like? (I think he looks a lot like a Knight, Baron, or Gold Knight in the purplish looking armor and I am not completely sure that's Desaix or not?)

Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, Konnor97 said:

Oh, so black haired guy was not Zeke, and in fact a totally new character. I wonder if he's recruitable. Then again, Alm's army (if that's where he potentially gets recruited) probably doesn't need more Paladins/Gold Knights.

He was never Zeke to begin with. Zeke is Camus, and we all now Camus has a pretty face and is blonde. This Barkut guy has a derp face and black hair. 

In other news, Effie is not the avatar and I knew it, Silque is no longer a loli, Cliff looks like Jakob, and Gray looks like an earthbender. Better than looking like bland bread from 1992...

Edited by L9999

Great, Faye looks like she's going to be another Cordelia. I can only hope that maybe she'll be more like Oboro (i.e. an actual character whose romantic feelings don't overtake the rest of her personality) than Cordelia, who I dislike more and more as time goes on.

Still, at least all the character designs look pretty great! I'm really looking forward to seeing them in better scans, and I'm pretty interested to see where they go with Berkut, and how

Spoiler

his being Alm's cousin, if I'm understanding the article correctly

will play into the story.

Edited by AzureSen

3 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Great, Faye looks like she's going to be another Cordelia. I can only hope that maybe she'll be more like Oboro (i.e. an actual character whose romantic feelings don't overtake the rest of her personality) than Cordelia, who I dislike more and more as time goes on.

Still, at least all the character designs look pretty great! I'm pretty interested to see where they go with Berkut, and how

Hide contents

his being Alm's cousin, if I'm understanding the article correctly

will play into the story.

Oh my God yeah, I completely forgot about that.

That could be very interesting.

3 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Poor Faye.

I hope someone can get us the high quality images/scans when they become available.

Probably tomorrow

Wait, we're getting actual artwork and not just portraits?

Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Since this all seems like Alm's party next week will probably be Celica's party

Edited by Mysterique Sign

36 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

You mean Heroic and Legendary, right? In that instance it varies heavily per game. In 1, 2, and 4 Normal mode was pretty normal while Heroic was your stock hard mode and legendary was harder than hard. In 3 and 5, however, Normal was more "easy mode for those who didn't want to select easy", and heroic was more normal mode+.

But yeah, difficutly levels can drastically effect your playstyle in a game (Halo's the biggest example for me because it's the only series I've put a large amount of time into every single difficulty).

1 hour ago, Hylian Air Force said:

This isn't exactly the sort of thing I'd advise suggesting. Difficulty options have always been part of the main game in this series, no matter how lazy (Paragon mode) or thorough they've been, and cutting them out to sell as DLC would be a pretty horrible thing to start doing. It's bad enough we've started locking out actual characters like Fates Anna; I really don't want them to start shaving off things that actually define the core gameplay instead of merely affecting it.

2 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Kinda weird they didn't show Clair

Clair shows up a bit later than most of these characters, who are either in Alm's starting army or otherwise his first recruit (Silque.) It's a little odd they showed Clive over her, yes, but I'd just chalk that up to him already having been revealed ages ago in the initial art dump.

-

Anyway the villagers look cute, even though you can barely see them. Barkut seems like an interesting idea but I don't know how much faith I have in their ability to handle it well while maintaining the twist.

4 minutes ago, Iridium said:

This isn't exactly the sort of thing I'd advise suggesting. Difficulty options have always been part of the main game in this series, no matter how lazy (Paragon mode) or thorough they've been, and cutting them out to sell as DLC would be a pretty horrible thing to start doing. It's bad enough we've started locking out actual characters like Fates Anna; I really don't want them to start shaving off things that actually define the core gameplay instead of merely affecting it.

Clair shows up a bit later than most of these characters, who are either in Alm's starting army or otherwise his first recruit (Silque.) It's a little odd they showed Clive over her, yes, but I'd just chalk that up to him already having been revealed ages ago in the initial art dump.

-

Anyway the villagers look cute, even though you can barely see them. Barkut seems like an interesting idea but I don't know how much faith I have in their ability to handle it well while maintaining the twist.

No one has played Gaiden so the secret is safe.

All of the sources that have translated the info from Famitsu seem to specify that Normal and Hard are available upon starting the game, which, to me, suggests that Lunatic could potentially be unlockable (perhaps by beating the game), but it's not impossible that maybe it could be available through other means. That is of course assuming it exists at all. I do also wonder if they'll retain Gaiden's Easy mode somehow.

Poor Faye doesn't stand a chance.
I am hyped to see better scans for the artworks and possibly for more information.

I am not sure what Cliff and Silque are doing on the right but it seems that there is something near Silque. It could be the Mila's gear. 

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Does anyone know who was the other guy that was talking to the new Black Paladin character, was it one of the Gaiden bosses or is it a brand new character? I did went to that website and the quality of the image is really hard to see and the JPEG format is really bad in the close up to see what he looks like? (I think he looks a lot like a Knight, Baron, or Gold Knight in the purplish looking armor and I am not completely sure that's Desaix or not?)

It is quite hard to see but I would say Desaix because of his purple armor. It seems that he has a mustache as well like him.
It would make sense since Berkut seems to be the one who guided the coup d'état in the remake.

>He guided the coup d’etat in Zofia by luring Desaix into betraying, and such.

WE POLITIC BOYS
But seriously, I may be just getting excited for nothing, but damn if the idea to have a bit of Politic back in FE doesn't make me hyped!
Also, I want to belive that Faye won't be another Cordelia and she wants to stay with Alm just because of their friendship  even if this will be shown to be likely false

Just now, The Malign Knight said:
But seriously, I may be just getting excited for nothing, but damn if the idea to have a bit of Politic back in FE doesn't make me hyped!

The last time politics was a huge part of Fire Emblem was in FE10 I believe. If they could make it like FE4 and their "circus of politics", that'll be sweet.