Who all Preordered Echoes?

Did you preorder?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Did you?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably won't preorder this.  The only reason I preordered Fates was because that was the only way to get the Special Edition and all three games on one cartridge.  I'll probably just wait to get it.

13 minutes ago, Hoshidokoala said:

I will as soon as I'm able to - Amazon UK isn't even selling it yet :(

Really? I find this kind of strange :/

I would if I could, but Ireland game retailers and far and few and even then they are shit when it comes to new games. Echoes is still listed as 31/12/2017 on Ireland GameStop I think. Also I'm waiting for a special edition. Though I am prepared since I have been saving and I also have a 30 euro gift card.

EDIT: They actually have it listed as 31/12/2020, so yeah, Ireland is pretty shit when it comes to games (And they don;t even have the amiibo listed either).

Edited by Azz

Pre-ordered it. I import from Canada to Europe though, so it'll probably take a few days extra for me to actually get it.

This is selfish but I hope the west doesn't get the Valentia Complete option. The Fates special edition was pretty much impossible to import (even ignoring how fast it sold out) and I don't own a EU 3DS so I wouldn't be able to get it locally. So if the Valentia Complete edition gets announced for the west I will be stuck eyeing it with jealousy and unable to obtain it.

They got preorders open already? Then again, I was not big into pre-ordering.

As much as I love my physical cartridges and having a box version, I'm probably going to go digital with Echoes, just like I did with Fates. It makes more sense to me carrying just my 3DS around instead of also needing a whole compartment for all of my game cards. (Granted, carrying the compartment around and showcasing one's library is somewhat cool for novelty, but in practice the digital version is better for me.)

So yeah, while I voted "On the fence," I'll just pick it up digitally either at release or shortly thereafter. However, I may end up trying to pick up the Alm and Celica amiibo (and possibly even the other FE amiibo if possible). It just sucks that amiibo are so expensive...

7 hours ago, Eleanore said:

Pre-ordered it. I import from Canada to Europe though, so it'll probably take a few days extra for me to actually get it.

This is selfish but I hope the west doesn't get the Valentia Complete option. The Fates special edition was pretty much impossible to import (even ignoring how fast it sold out) and I don't own a EU 3DS so I wouldn't be able to get it locally. So if the Valentia Complete edition gets announced for the west I will be stuck eyeing it with jealousy and unable to obtain it.

I can only imagine how it feels to be in Europe sometimes, getting games a lot later than we do in the US (when we're already anxiously awaiting the release from Japan, which doesn't come for months a lot of the time - good on Echoes for making us wait only a month), or even not at all. I feel for you, bro. (Gender neutral usage of it, btw. I see that you're a woman.)

18 minutes ago, Sire said:

They got preorders open already? Then again, I was not big into pre-ordering..

Sire, they have preorders open generally within an hour of announcement.

Edited by The DanMan

4 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

I can only imagine how it feels to be in Europe sometimes, getting games a lot later than we do in the US (when we're already anxiously awaiting the release from Japan, which doesn't come for months a lot of the time - good on Echoes for making us wait only a month), or even not at all. I feel for you, bro. (Gender neutral usage of it, btw. I see that you're a woman.)

It's honestly gotten a lot better over the years, even if it's not ideal. Plus in this instance Echoes is actually having the same release date in both NA/EU. Also the fact the switch is region free made me so happy and pretty much guaranteed a buy of it from me in the future.

We can preorder Echoes?

For some reason, I didn't think it was available for preorder yet. But I think I'll wait to see what people think about it before rushing in to get it on release day. I still regret Fates.

Guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but y'all who are preordering from Amazon... they have an abysmal reputation for delivering the product on release day. I would recommend canceling your preorder from there and go to your local game store and preorder the game there.

Edited by Commander Xelon

24 minutes ago, Commander Xelon said:

Guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but y'all who are preordering from Amazon... they have an abysmal reputation for delivering the product on release day. I would recommend canceling your preorder from there and go to your local game store and preorder the game there.

I have pre-ordered so many games from Amazon and they have never once not come of the day of release. Same for all of my friends I do not personally know a single person who has had an issue with them. Day of release does mean all the way to 8pm though which I think throws a lot of people off but if I wanted the game the second it came out that badly I'd buy the digital copy. I'll still take the discount and the free shipping even if I don't get it until late afternoon.