Coincidence or Subtle Throwback?

It wouldn't surprise me if this was done on purpose since Gaiden is a side-story that takes place after the first game and it's meant to be a parallel of said game. Especially when you consider in Japan, Echoes' subtitle is "Another Hero-King"

that's exactly what I thought of when I saw both, but I didn't really put it together

like I saw that first one and I was like "wow that artwork's really nice, there was one in shadow dragon like that too, actually" and then i saw the second one and I thought "hey that looks pretty nice there was a scene like that in shadow dragon too" but somehow I didn't realize that I thought of shadow dragon twice

i do wonder if that's intentional. I feel like the first one might just be a coincidence but the second one probably is intentional, especially since the japanese subtitle for the game is something along the lines of "Another Hero-King"

although one thing to note is that in shadow dragon those two moments are supposed to be sort of the beginning and the end (it's not the end of the game but it sort of concludes a big part of the story) of marth's quest, since the first one is him leaving his home and the second is him finally returning to it

here I think the first one is just celica getting on the boat you go on to the place where you kill the dragon zombie whereas alm's is probably at the end of the game

Edited by unique

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me.

Though Celica's certainly carrying a different context, so they're not entirely alike. So at least that's different.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It likely is, especially because they are reversed, to indicate how they are parallel to one another. you could argue for the first being a coincidence, but the second is almost undeniable. 

Edited by thecrimsonflash
NVM

That's really neat!

I think that the similarities are intentional and a reference to FE1/11. And seeing how in-universe, Gaiden/Echoes happens around a year or so after FE1/11, it makes sense that they connect the two games with references like that.

6 hours ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Why does Marth have bread on his head

Pillars of modern warfare, such as bread crowns, have no place in Valentia

And now all I can see in the second Marth picture is bread -.-

6 hours ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Why does Marth have bread on his head

Pillars of modern warfare, such as bread crowns, have no place in Valentia

Thanks for ruining that picture forever. I can't unsee Marth's bread crown.

My reaction was going to be the Kris Jenner meme of her looking at her computer shocked, but the file was too big :Arione: