More laguz races?

Janus

(Note to mods: I have not lurked long here, so don't be too hard if this is in the wrong section, just move the thread.)

I always thought there should be a few more laguz races in the Tellius world. For game purposes, I'm sure the current ones are good enough, but I would have liked to see another kind or two. One that comes to mind are owls.

I think owls would have fit nicely with the hawks and ravens. They're meat-eating birds, which would round out the triad that the beasts (cat/tiger/lion) and dragons (red/black/white) seem to have. I'm not counting the herons here, since they can't fight, which makes them sort of special.

Anyway, it also fits with what I see as a speed vs. power scale. Cat are like swordmasters: speedy, but can't hit very hard (relative to the other beasts anyway); tigers are like generals: big, slow, and hard to damage; and lions, while they're stronger than even the tigers, would be like halberdiers: very middle of the road.

Ravens would be like the swordmasters, hawks like the halberdiers, and the owls like generals.

Any thoughts on my idea, or how about your own ideas for laguz races? No unicorn, phoenix, or that sort of type laguz, BTW. The only mythical beast laguz are the dragons, and it should stay that way. Think of real animals.

I think owls would have fit nicely with the hawks and ravens. They're meat-eating birds, which would round out the triad that the beasts (cat/tiger/lion) and dragons (red/black/white) seem to have. I'm not counting the herons here, since they can't fight, which makes them sort of special.

the triad thing, i don't really think it applies, at least for the beast laguz.

because you forgot the wolf laguz.

but i really think that it would've been good to add more laguz types.

maybe a bear laguz added to the beast laguz? bears would be tanks, slow but extremely powerful

foxes and bears, foxes and bears

and owls, yes?

and how about water laguz? but would they be too cheap?

maybe whale, dolphin, shark?

Dolphin=Speed, Whale=Powah, Shark=Average

Good question. Let me check wikipedia.

Tapirs (pronounced /ˈteɪpɚ/, as in "taper", or /təˈpɪər/, as "ta-pier") are large browsing mammals, roughly pig-like in shape, with short, prehensile snouts. They inhabit jungle and forest regions of South America, Central America, and Southeast Asia. All four species of tapir are classified as endangered or vulnerable. Their closest relatives are the other odd-toed ungulates, including horses and rhinoceroses.

Full Article

Edited by General Spoon