Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The sheer fact that a popularity contest has turned into people numbercrunching for how to optimize rewards instead of just going with the character they like best demonstrates how horribly wrong the whole thing has become better than any wall of text ever could. 

Well it's hard when there's such a limited number to choose from. Anyone who hasn't played Awakening/Fates will have a hard time finding a favorite among the contestants.

4 minutes ago, vuviper said:

Minerva has been way too good to me for me not to side with her in this guantlet

Screenshot_20170405-220958.png

So much red and green

Then Robin is there saying hello XD

I had to go run some errands, and, when I came back, I found myself edged out of the top 1k in Team Minerva. At 331,700, I was standing at 1,037. It's 332,000 points as the cutoff for the top bracket right now, so it's a receding horizon. Too bad, I was hoping to land in the top bracket! No chance of that now. Oh well, I still fight for the glory of Macedon!

1 hour ago, Yinvarn said:

To be honest with you, I don't know much about Minerva. I just know a bit of history about her and she looked badass asf when I saw this picture. But since the other characters didn't caught my attention much, I decided to go for her, the most impressive wyvern rider I know (imo).

You made the right choice! Minerva is totally badass. Minerva is the best wyvern rider anyone knows.

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

CORMAG, WHERE YOU AT?

I long for the day I'll see Cormag, with a javelin, beating down takumis through sheer brute force. 

like that's ever happening

33 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The sheer fact that a popularity contest has turned into people numbercrunching for how to optimize rewards instead of just going with the character they like best demonstrates how horribly wrong the whole thing has become better than any wall of text ever could. 

Hey man Minerva is my favorite character of the bunch by a fairly significant margin and even if she wasn't gonna be #2 I would've still picked her

but I'm also just

really into math

I mean this is what you get when you put numerical datasets in front of a applied math and statistics/computer science double major :p

Edited by Thor Odinson

51 minutes ago, vuviper said:

For me as team minerva it's looking like:
Round 1: 1,300+500 (5 Flags used)
Round 2:, 1,100+500 (65 flags used, 150 more  could have gotten me 1,300)
Round 3: 3,500

Cumulative 1,800 (But I still have 200 flags)
Total: 8,700

The last 200 flags really skyrocket my cumulative
Round 1: 1,300+500 (5 Flags used)
Round 2:, 1,100+500 (65 flags used, 150 more  could have gotten me 1,300)
Round 3: 3,500 (Rank 366)

Cumulative 2,600 (Ran 2,509)
Total: 9,500

I'd be surprised and really happy if it sticks though

Tfw you post in the wrong thread

334,800 gets me 669

The Strategists Three

669-3=666

Spoiler

Do I even need to say it?

Spoiler

The Strategists Three Illuminati Confirmed 

I made this same post in the official pull topic but I was able to rescue it by quoting and answering a question. Thank goodness heh

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Tfw you post in the wrong thread

334,800 gets me 669

The Strategists Three

669-3=666

Reveal hidden contents

Do I even need to say it?

Reveal hidden contents

The Strategists Three Illuminati Confirmed 

I made this same post in the official pull topic but I was able to rescue it by quoting and answering a question. Thank goodness heh

Have you seen my friend code yet? its only multiples of 3 and a 0

and yes there are 3 6's. just not in a row. (there are 3 9's in a row, those are just upside down 6's)

Also this is why I like kiting 

1 minute ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

Have you seen my friend code yet? its only multiples of 3 and a 0

and yes there are 3 6's. just not in a row. (there are 3 9's in a row, those are just upside down 6's)

Also this is why I like kiting 

Is that my Nino? 

Btw, your Gwendolyn is nuts to use XD

Just now, Arcanite said:

Is that my Nino? 

Btw, your Gwendolyn is nuts to use XD

yup, your Nino is fantastic! 

Sometimes to be cheeky I'll have her walk right up to a unit to hit whats behind it if its a melee unit, then use Gwendy's swap to bring her back to safety and eat the enemy on their turn.

Finally used up all my flags! Bumped me up quite a lot. Currently ranked 2176 cumulative and rank 84 on Minerva! 

If I keep within the brackets, I would have made 9500 feathers during this gauntlet. Quite productive if I do say so myself. 

Having the name character helps with the rankings significantly (why won't you join me Minerva...). Anyways, my rankings:

Round 1: 10k-30k bracket, 1,700 + 500 win = 2,200 (no flags used)
Round 2: 30k-50k bracket, 1,300 + 500 win = 1,800 (20 flags used, was necessary to stay in the bracket)
Round 3: 1k-5k bracket, 3,100 (poured in all the remaining flags) (332,000 puts me at 1,110 in army)
Cumulative: 10k-30k bracket, 1,800 reward

So that's a nice 8,900 feathers. Had I saved the 20 flags from Round 2, I would've been in the 50k-70k bracket (200 feathers less), but the 1-1k bracket for the final round (400 feathers more). So I probably would've gotten 9,100 feathers total, had I saved all flags for the last round.

Edited by Astellius

OKay, 214 000 points for this third round. Third tier rank is clearly done (5869th actually). 2110 flags used in here. 4th tier rank in total (I'm 23817th actually, I think it'll hold, but I can't do better since I have not Hinoka nor Minerva.

Kind of sad to see that Minerva can't even challenge Camilla. I hope futur gauntlets will be more interesting.

1 hour ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

But...uh, you could have just moved nino back two spaces and moved gwen up one...

xD

10 minutes ago, theycallmeknuckles said:

This gautlet in a nutshell.(not mine)

Sound kinda hot when you think about it.....LOL

IKE STILL NOWHERE TO BE FOUND ROFL

10 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Better dump my super secret stash of flags and try to knock you down.

You can try, but you will fail.

The power of Macedon is on my side, nothing can stop me!

4 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

That's because some of us do not like popularity contests.

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

But...uh, you could have just moved nino back two spaces and moved gwen up one...

xD

moving Nino back doesn't help, and this makes everything go faster, events happen in order -> Nino moves Gwendy up using draw back, -> Gwendy then swaps with Nino to achieve a move space of 2 on an armored unit. 

Also I think there's been a small clerical error

Edited by BestFriendJ0
grammar