Healer Builds

salinea

29 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

After some consultations, I think I may have a healer build. I'm still playing around with it though.

Reveal hidden contents

It pains me to tell you... "Ah who am I kidding? It doesn't concern me in the least to tell you that you're totally wrong about everything." ~Azama

Healer: Azama

Boon/Bane: undecided.

Weapon: Pain

Staff/Assist: Martyr

Special: Miracle

A: Flexible

B: Live to Serve 3/Renewal 3, (Wings of Mercy 3/Escape Route 3 if you really need him across the map)

C: Savage Blow 3 (preferred)/Threaten Attack 3 (if Savage Blow 3 is unavailiable)

- Because 17 dmg after combat would suck. -

Azama would always be behind your offensive character. I believe he'd do very well if he teamed with Sheena. One could situate Sheena so she would be blocking a portion of the map, creating a choke point. And with Azama right behind her, he can choose to A) Heal Sheena if needed, or B) Attack an enemy that's directly in front of Sheena. 17 dmg to the enemy, while Sheena finishes them off.

Hey Fypo!

Savage blow doesn't go on staff users unfortunately :(

For me, a general guideline would be something like this:

Weapon: Gravity, Pain, Panic

Assist: Recover or Rehabilitate

Special: Imbue or Heavenly Light

Passive A: HP +5, Atk/Def +2, Speed +3

Passive B: Wings of Mercy 3, Live to Serve 3, Renewal 3, (Weapon)breaker 3

Passive C: Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd 3, Spur Atk 3, Spur Spd 3, Threaten Atk 3, Threaten Spd 3

If the healer is Elise, Priscilla, or Clarine, they may have the option of Grani's Shield (once it's available) for passive A slot and Hone Cavalry, Ward Cavalry, Fortify Cavalry, or Goad Cavalry for passive C slot.

1 minute ago, salinea said:

Yes it does. It's Poison Strike that doesn't.

Hmm I guess the wiki is incorrect then

I'll see if someone can fix that cause I bet some people were pretty mad when they saw that heh

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hmm I guess the wiki is incorrect then

I'll see if someone can fix that cause I bet some people were pretty mad when they saw that heh

Now you make me doubt, but in that iconic vid with 4 Sakura vs Michalis map, didn't some of the Sakura have Savage Blow?

eta: I just checked. You can pass Savage Blow to a Healer.

Edited by salinea

• 2 weeks later...

So it's come to my attention that you can pass Fortress Defense to healers, so I'm thinking Azama might actually work well with this skill. Azama already has the lowest Attack in the game, and he just relies on the Pain staff for after battle damage anyway, so the -Attack doesn't affect him much in exchange for +5 Def.

(I mean, currently Fortress Defense is locked to a 5* Lukas, but if it somehow becomes more available in the future it could be useful for Azama)

So maybe something like:

--The Great Wall of Healing--

Azama (+HP/-Atk) or Sakura (-Atk/+Def)

Pain/Fear

Rehabilitate

Heavenly Light

A- Fortress Defense

B- Renewal/Live to Serve

C- Threaten Attack/Savage Blow/Breath of Life

Sacred Seal - HP+3

With a combination of Defense boon (or HP for Azama), Fortress Defense (+5 Def) and the Sacred Seal HP+3, Sakura/Azama can survive any neutral attack. 

Rehabilitate is the better healing option as your healer will be taking less damage from units so Martyr heals less. Interestingly, if you give Azama a Defense boon instead of HP, he can take most Brave Weapon attacks well (Gordin/Barst/Abel does 2 damage, Raven does 4, Donnel/Cordelia/Hinoka/Ogma does 6, Klein does 8)- at the cost of losing to Linde. 

Heavenly Light for healing all allies when activated.

Renewal is easier to get, since Live to Serve max is 5 star only.

Threaten Attack for more walling. If you want to go slightly offensive when using Pain, use Savage Blow. If you want to heal adjacent allies while attacking, then Breath of Life could be interesting. However keep in mind, because of your healer's drop in Attack stats, you need to rely more on your allies for attacking since Pain can never KO a unit.

Alternatively, Fear drops the enemy's Attack even further, making it easier to wall units.

Also, the new Sacred Seal HP+3 looks to be the seal of choice for Healers in general.

edit: Actually Sakura can survive every unit with +Def! She survives, Linde, Minerva, and Hana by 1 HP. Thanks to Fortress Defense, she also survives Lucina and Ryoma by 5 HP. She also survives Kagero's Poison Dagger+ by 12 HP- more than Azama because of her better speed.

TL;DR Azama is the better physical wall with better Defense/HP stats while Sakura is the better balanced wall and has more Speed and Res.

The important thing is Def boon is needed for Sakura to survive Minerva and Hana by 1HP, while HP boon is for Azama to survive neutral Linde by 1 HP.

Edited by mcsilas
Added Sakura edits