Nintendo World Report TV just uploaded a footage that we did not seen yet

6 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Could it be Max Mittelman (Leo, Kaden, Forrest, Gordin)? It's sounded a bit like Kaden after listening to it a few times. 

I wouldn't be surprised; he's demonstrated a lot of range. Though I feel like the association may just be because both he and Kaden say "My turn!".

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the music I'm hearing, but I'll miss having seamless variants between map and combat (would've been neat to have also had the healing tune blend in, but that might be too much work from a composition standpoint).

I guess this means either they're only allowed to upload 4 minutes of footage a day, or 8 minutes of footage total.

Regardless that's all the Echoes excitement for today, unless something gets leaked or there's a website update later.

IMG_3416.PNG

10 minutes ago, escotanner said:

Kliff, to me, feels like Soren without the douchebag part.

I don't know about the not-douchebag bit, the only notion of his character we have is from the one Dutch Comicon player, who said his support with Tobin was mostly Kliff chewing Tobin out for trying to have a conversation on the battlefield.

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

So Faye's bio is all about Alm, her dialogue presumably before leaving Ram Village is about Alm, and now her in-battle dialogue is about Alm.

Guys, I'm getting worried here.

Same. We can't have three Catria's in one game.

3 hours ago, Azz said:

Kmaui's voice sounds very familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

3 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I think it's Bryce Papenbrook, just working his range that FE Heroes has him do. You can here it more in some of the earlier PAX videos.

Highly unlikely but he kinda sounds like Bryan Massey (Ladd Russo from Baccano or that one guy in the first episode of FMA:Brotherhood). Papenbrook is a safe guess however.

12 minutes ago, Crushie said:

Highly unlikely but he kinda sounds like Bryan Massey (Ladd Russo from Baccano or that one guy in the first episode of FMA:Brotherhood). Papenbrook is a safe guess however.

I don't know, from what I've heard from Massey, his voice is pretty distinct and gravelly. Kamui sounds like his VA is trying to be deeper than his normal voice (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvd_k6jRmUU it's more noticeable here, where he sounds nothing like Massey). 

Also, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the VAs we've assumed to've heard thus far (Cam Clarke, Kyle McCarley, Robbie Daymond, etc.) are LA based, while Massey is Texas based, and Papenbrook is LA based as well. I'll admit I'm not too well-versed about where VAs are stationed, but like I said, anyone who does know can correct me.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

So Faye's bio is all about Alm, her dialogue presumably before leaving Ram Village is about Alm, and now her in-battle dialogue is about Alm.

Guys, I'm getting worried here.

But are we really surprised though? It's not FE without at least a one note gimmick character.

If she gets a paired ending with another guy, I'll feel pretty bad about him, because she talks about Alm all game until he says her feelings for her, and then she's all like "I love you too" but get her another support conversation and it's all about Alm again...... 

9 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I don't know, from what I've heard from Massey, his voice is pretty distinct and gravelly. Kamui sounds like his VA is trying to be deeper than his normal voice (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvd_k6jRmUU it's more noticeable here, where he sounds nothing like Massey). 

Also, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the VAs we've assumed to've heard thus far (Cam Clarke, Kyle McCarley, Robbie Daymond, etc.) are LA based, while Massey is Texas based, and Papenbrook is LA based as well. I'll admit I'm not too well-versed about where VAs are stationed, but like I said, anyone who does know can correct me.

Oh yeah totally forgot to check where Massey is based, thanks for the info! Just got some intense flahbacks from Baccano while watching the video where Kamui attacks.

Also I really love that Robbie Daymond is getting more and more work.

Edited by Crushie

2 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

But are we really surprised though? It's not FE without at least a one note gimmick character.

If she gets a paired ending with another guy, I'll feel pretty bad about him, because she talks about Alm all game until he says her feelings for her, and then she's all like "I love you too" but get her another support conversation and it's all about Alm again...... 

Basically Cordelia all over again.

I'm just praying that there's more to Faye's character that helps at least seem a little appealing. Even Cordelia has the whole deal with perfectionism and how very few people notice how much she actually struggles to be how she is now, brushing it off as natural talent. Faye? Faye just seems to be running the "cuuute~" thing, which frankly makes me want to punch her.

1 minute ago, Crushie said:

Oh yeah totally forgot to check where Massey is based, thanks for the info! Just got some intense flahbacks from Baccano while watching the video where Kamui attacks.

AlsoI really love that Robbie Daymond is getting more and more work.

No problem! Kamui's quotes in the NWR video do sound deeper and more gravelly than he does in the first video, enough for me to even be confused myself, so really, it could be anyone still!

Yeah, I like Daymond as well, been watching Gundam IBO lately and his Gaelio is georgeous, and that tone sounds exactly like what he's using for Tobin, assuming of course it is him.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

Basically Cordelia all over again.

I'm just praying that there's more to Faye's character that helps at least seem a little appealing. Even Cordelia has the whole deal with perfectionism and how very few people notice how much she actually struggles to be how she is now, brushing it off as natural talent. Faye? Faye just seems to be running the "cuuute~" thing, which frankly makes me want to punch her.

Same, at least Cordelia had more depth to her character. (and helps that Severa added to that characterization) If Faye's shtick is she's just a cute Alm fangirl I don't think I'll like her as much. Of course, I'd still probably use her since she's a villager and I can do whatever I want with her character but with only 4 classes to pick from if the screenshot was real

Faye is a female cav, so I'm all for.

(This is also the kind of thing I'd reference in the "less is more" debate on characterization in FE).

In SD it was really easy to ignore the additional characters that weren't in the original, well see how that's like in Echoes. Not that I want to ignore them, mind, but I wonder how close to the original we can make the game if we wanted.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Faye is a female cav, so I'm all for.

(This is also the kind of thing I'd reference in the "less is more" debate on characterization in FE).

In SD it was really easy to ignore the additional characters that weren't in the original, well see how that's like in Echoes. Not that I want to ignore them, mind, but I wonder how close to the original we can make the game if we wanted.

Eh, it doesn't seem like there will be much room for ignoring Berkut, Fernand, or Redhair McMaskman tbh.

1 minute ago, Wayward Alchemist said:

Eh, it doesn't seem like there will be much room for ignoring Berkut, Fernand, or Redhair McMaskman tbh.

Depends if you can recruit them or not - can always write them off as a recurring boss, which is cool.

So long as there is Zeke all else is forgiven. If they replace Zeke, it's definitely something I would be disappointed about.

I really like Faye's design, and more villagers is always good. If her personality is a bomb, I'll just make my own for her.