Awakening Cameo/Bonus Dungeon Discussion [Spoilers]

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I find it unlikely. Or at least, how unlikely depends on how much time happens between Ch6 and the start of New Mystery.

Hide contents

There is still a period of time between Hardin taking the Archanean Throne and become corrupted by the Darksphere. Even if Zeke recovers his memories during Ch6 (has to be after Ch5, after all), he might not decide yet to don the Quattro Sirius disguise, if Hardin is still his normal self.

Not to mention, Thabes is quite isolated from the rest of Archanea, with the closest civilization being Khadein. How could they know what's Archanea's current status from that corner of the continent? Although apparently the Feroxi Port already exists 1000 years before Regna Ferox. What's up with that, I wonder...

Also, for the record, Zeke apparently never told her about the whole "leaving to deal with unfinished business from recovered memories" thing. At least, not before he left.

Spoiler

Yeah but don't you think it's weird that he abruptly leaves her for the events in New Mystery? For someone that valued her so much, it seems weird that he would leave without word.

6 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:
  Hide contents

Yeah but don't you think it's weird that he abruptly leaves her for the events in New Mystery? For someone that valued her so much, it seems weird that he would leave without word.

Spoiler

Not to me. After all, what makes him go there in the first place is mainly to ensure the safety of what remains of the Grust royal family. And well, his Gaiden ending, and here if it's not changed, states he decided to never tell her his memories returned. Leaving suddenly would be an extension to that. In fact, he never tells anyone. It's stated he does it for her sake, or due to tragedy in his past. Pretty much both, basically.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Not to me. After all, what makes him go there in the first place is mainly to ensure the safety of what remains of the Grust royal family. And well, his Gaiden ending, and here if it's not changed, states he decided to never tell her his memories returned. Leaving suddenly would be an extension to that. In fact, he never tells anyone. It's stated he does it for her sake, or due to tragedy in his past. Pretty much both, basically.

^^^^^

5 hours ago, Ranger Jack Walker said:

I for one am glad that this disproves the Loptyr theory as well as the Fusion of Earth Dragons theory.

Boi <_<

I'm actually really curious as to how FE heroes fits into this:

"Thus, the kingdom's royalty came to carry the blood of the god-and a wicked god it was. The god had perished and yet lived on in this royal bloodline, worming through its veins. Generations of this family were made into the wicked god's puppets by blood. They were powerless to fight the corrupt influence that coursed in their flesh. The wicked god has been known by sundry names. Devourer of Royals... Ruin Borne upon Wings... The Original Demon... But the god's true name has never been written until now. that names is..."

12 hours ago, Ranger Jack Walker said:

I for one am glad that this disproves the Loptyr theory as well as the Fusion of Earth Dragons theory.

It doesn't really. We know Grima ends up in the Dragon's Table. We also can tell from how he's driven off by Alm and Celica's armies' that he's not at all the world destroying monster he is in Awakening. It's open for Grima to find its way to Archanea/Ylisse, get to the Dragon's Table, and take the sealed Earth Dragons into itself.

And for what it's worth, an Awakening artbook did say Grima was rumored to be descended from the Earth Dragons. To fit this with what we learn in Echoes, the dracozombie used to build Grima could have been an Earth Dragon.

Edited by Salamud

1 hour ago, Salamud said:

It doesn't really. We know Grima ends up in the Dragon's Table. We also can tell from how he's driven off by Alm and Celica's armies' that he's not at all the world destroying monster he is in Awakening. It's open for Grima to find its way to Archanea/Ylisse, get to the Dragon's Table, and take the sealed Earth Dragons into itself.

And for what it's worth, an Awakening artbook did say Grima was rumored to be descended from the Earth Dragons. To fit this with what we learn in Echoes, the dracozombie used to build Grima could have been an Earth Dragon.

The Dragon's Table isn't too far from Thabes, where Grima is. Maybe 1000 years later, after he recovered from Echoes, he went there to absorb the draconic energies and broke the Binding Shield while he was there.

Good point about the Earth Dragon rumour. That said, it was extremely vague in the first place and *might* not mean anything anymore.

It's implied Grima was born from something really small, but I suppose Earth Dragon cells could have been the building blocks. If so, a being with Earth Dragon and Divine Dragon DNA sounds hellish scary.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

The Dragon's Table isn't too far from Thabes, where Grima is.

Excuse me? Check where Gotoh teleports Marth & co. to during the opening scroll with the world map in it at the beginning of chapter 23 of FE11. Now do the same with the opening scroll for chapter 21 of FE12. How does this sort of distance not count as "too far"?

...Or does Thabes appear on Awakening's world map at some point?

Just now, RedEyedDrake said:

Excuse me? Check where Gotoh teleports Marth & co. to during the opening scroll with the world map in it at the beginning of chapter 23 of FE11. Now do the same with the opening scroll for chapter 21 of FE12. How does this sort of distance not count as "too far"?

...Or does Thabes appear on Awakening's world map at some point?

Sorry, I meant for a humongous dragon XD

I'm assuming Grima in 1000 years time is the same size as in Awakening.

9 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

...Still, Grima isn't the size of a geographical landmark. He can't be seen from space or anything.

Hmm, I'm looking at the world map of Awakening during the final chapter and thing is HUGE.

It's about as big as the island where Grust is. I think it's wingspan is about the same size as the shortest distance between Ylisse and Valm.

Edited by VincentASM

Just now, VincentASM said:

Hmm, I'm looking at the world map of Awakening during the final chapter and thing is HUGE.

It's about as big as the island where Grust is. I think it's wingspan is about the same size as the shortest distance between Ylisse and Valm.

For the sake of averting cartoon physics I'm going to argue that this representation is mostly stylistic. Grima being King Ghidorah sized is fine but this borders on ludicrous.

25 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

23 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

For the sake of averting cartoon physics I'm going to argue that this representation is mostly stylistic. Grima being King Ghidorah sized is fine but this borders on ludicrous.

I'd rather use the scale of Awakening's final map-- which takes place in between his front and middle pairs of wings, going up to the base of his neck. Awakening's overworld map rendition of it is incredibly stylized. So Grima's freakin' gigantic, but not the size of Pluto or anything.

18 hours ago, Mortarion said:

Boi <_<

I'm actually really curious as to how FE heroes fits into this:

"Thus, the kingdom's royalty came to carry the blood of the god-and a wicked god it was. The god had perished and yet lived on in this royal bloodline, worming through its veins. Generations of this family were made into the wicked god's puppets by blood. They were powerless to fight the corrupt influence that coursed in their flesh. The wicked god has been known by sundry names. Devourer of Royals... Ruin Borne upon Wings... The Original Demon... But the god's true name has never been written until now. that names is..."

I doubt that heroes has any connection to all of this mess regarding Grima. This "wicked god" will probably be a brand new character.

Anyway, I'm admittedly becoming more exciting regarding this chapter: we finallyget to know more about Grima and I'm curious how his battlefield will look like. 

Yeah, Heroes is more of a cameo than anything, I don't think the whole story in it really is canon to the series, it just serves to bring all major FE characters to one place.