Favourite new Music heard so far? (Obvious Spoilers)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I listen to Radiant ark on loop. But serious if they can do such a good job modernising Yuka Tsujiyoko's gaiden compositions (I wonder if she was involved in echoes' sound direction, surely IS would invite her to do so), imagine FE4's ost remastering of 114 of Tsujiyoko's finest work. Boy I sure damn hope Echoes is not a one off... 

2 hours ago, dap005 said:

I listen to Radiant ark on loop. But serious if they can do such a good job modernising Yuka Tsujiyoko's gaiden compositions (I wonder if she was involved in echoes' sound direction, surely IS would invite her to do so), imagine FE4's ost remastering of 114 of Tsujiyoko's finest work. Boy I sure damn hope Echoes is not a one off... 

Considering the rather pessimistic reactions over supports (here and elsewhere), I'm beginning to worry that it may just be the case.

14 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Considering the rather pessimistic reactions over supports (here and elsewhere), I'm beginning to worry that it may just be the case.

I've seen a lot of hype and positivity from old school FE fans (even the ones that didn't play gaiden). A few of the new fans do find SoV drastically different from other 3ds FEs (I mean Gaiden as a whole is quite different) but the main concern is that characters and story won't be interesting, which I still think is too early to say. After all, we haven't even seen the base convos, memory fragments and final supports etc. From the looks of it, they did put a lot of effort on fleshing out the narrative in this remake (all the little bit and bobs of worldbuilding is already promising). 

I think if Nintendo advertise Echoes well enough and it gets good enough reviews and with the recent interest in the FE brand (thanks to heroes) from people who never paid attention to the franchise before, we may have a well-selling title here. Plus it's not like there are any other big 3ds titles coming out in the summer atm. So if you don't have the switch, Echoes seems a tantalising buy (esp since RPGs tend to be something the perfect genre to play in summer holidays). 

And people can be pessimistic all they want about a non-released game but I feel that if the end product is actually worth the hype and turns out to be great, it'll sway people on the fence. Fingers crossed because the older FE game deserves more love (and remakes haha) :). 

I'm planning to recommend some friends into the franchise with SoV as well. 

48 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Doesn't make much sense to me, considering most supports in past FEs have been bad.

Edited by Tryhard

1 minute ago, Tryhard said:

Doesn't make much sense to me, considering most supports in past FEs have been bad.

yeah, for the most part I think most supports don't actually add much to the characters

the main reason I read them is usually more to get an idea of what a character is like, which this game does fine without the supports, which are pretty clearly an afterthought and more likely just there for the support bonuses

supports have the problem of being able to happen at any time, so characters can't usually get any real development from them since they can start another support with someone else at any time

base conversations and the things in fe4 work much better because they can actually acknowledge events of the story and actually build characters better

I think my favorites so far from what I have heard thus far would have to be Duma's battle theme, Berkut's Fight 2 and Mila's Divine Protection.

Now I do like the recruitment theme and the final map theme for this game but I prefer Fates for those instead honestly. Just that the final map theme isn't as energetic for my liking it's more so tame (it doesn't have that "This is our final battle! Let's go forth and save everything that we love with all our strength!" kinda feel), certainly better than Awakening's overrated ID Purpose (ID Hope is so much better) but I just don't think it's as good as everyone is making it out to be... sorry but it just looks to me everyone is blowing the ost out of proportion (especially because it's a remake), but then again when there is a new FE game that usually always is the case. 

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

alright so I uploaded all the songs

and in the process I listened to almost all of them at least a little

i think I like berkut's songs more than pretty much any of the other songs but his event theme might be my favorite. it sounds so menacing, I love it

5 minutes ago, ZoeTrent said:

Berkut's second theme. Though I think the final boss track would also be great if I listened to more than a second of it, but I don't wanna ruin that moment.

the final boss' theme is pretty good, but I definitely do prefer both of Berkut's battle themes overall. i'd say if you were okay with listening to berkut's theme you might as well listen to the final boss theme, but it's up to you.

Edited by unique