Worst Seliph ever?

Maelstrom.

Seliph's bases as listed on SF assume level 30 parents with their averages, Deidre probably isn't going to get there, and thus Seliph's Speed would be slightly lower.

His Speed growth is 35%, it is his most problematic stat, now you can see why. Otherwise, his Strength and Defense are only 1~2 points below par in your case.

Well, there is always a Speed Ring to fix it.

It's still worth using him.  Regardless, the law of averages means that his issues will most likely patch themselves up, and he has some good promo gains to boot.

How much speed does Seliph get upon promo again? 3?  I remember the tyrfing gives him 10 speed, so there's that.  Like others said, if you really need him to patch it up there's a speed ring you hopefully passed down to the second generation.

He only really needs to hit about 16 speed when he gets to level 30 promoted. Most enemies weigh themselves down massively and there's only a handful of bosses he can't blitz with the Hero Sword. The speed ring should patch up his speed issues, he's still very much going to be one of your top units.

6 hours ago, Shin said:

He only really needs to hit about 16 speed when he gets to level 30 promoted. Most enemies weigh themselves down massively and there's only a handful of bosses he can't blitz with the Hero Sword. The speed ring should patch up his speed issues, he's still very much going to be one of your top units.

Ehhhhh, I've got a leg-ring, silver blade Larcei with Dew as a father who murders everything pretty dang well, and a Lewyn Fee. I also made the incredible mistake of missing Hostley in the first gen, and Fin died so I'm probably not going to have a good time. The problem with this current setup is he has no way of gaining XP easily. I'm on chapter 9 already, and, since he gets doubled by literally everything, he can't get the kills he needs. At this point, I've gotten rather frustrated with how dang long this game takes. We'll see if I ever get around to finishing it.