[Hacking] Build testing? How does the community feel about this?

As a F2P player, I  personally support this idea. With this, I could know what is the best skills synergy for a unit without trying to slap the skills to the units, without actually have to roll the units. Sure, we have the skill list thread in this forum, but that's not enough. We need to see the actual SYNERGY  BETWEEN SKILLS AND SKILLS AND STAT for each units.

Although, I think, even if you hacked the game so you can hack any unit with any skill, I find this process still tiring. 

I didn't speak up in your other thread because I didn't want to be that person who got the thread locked (for a lack of explanation), but i say go for it. 

I think it'd be fun if we could give you ideas to play with too :D You don't have to, though.

Spoiler

TBH I've been itching to try a few builds, but A.I don't have said character, and B. I lack the ability to even consider what you're doing.

Draug, Silver Sword+, +ATK/-HP(or -RES), flexible assist skill, Ignis/Glimmer, Life and Death 3, (flexible), Threaten Def 3 (flexible)

Draug, Brave Sword+, +DEF(or +SPD)/-HP, flexible assist skill, Ignis, Darting Blow 3, Seal Speed 3, (flexible)

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

8 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Off topic stuff:

zWZhc23.png

You must not have Japanese fonts/support enabled. It's the last set of lyrics on the vocal version of Tiz's "You are my Hope" from Bravely Default (which I still need to finish the game).

As for the game:

Sp

Rarity

Nature

Level/Merge (ban in a timely manner)

(The first three is why people got away with hacking for the most part)

Summon manipulation (insta-ban)

Morphing (insta-ban)

I don't know much else. I haven't actually gone into anything else.

Ah no, I can actually see that text just fine. Sorry if I wasn't very clear, but I kind of meant your "Recently got an URL S Support" thingie. You seem to have changed it now, so I'm assuming it was just a typo. Still, I didn't know that the text there were actually the lyrics to that song, so that's really interesting to know! And quite fitting if I say so myself. I need to finish that game too sometime, but it's a bit hard to find the time between FE:H and my last year of college.

Still, it's really interesting to know what actions are more likely to get people banned. I wasn't actually aware of most of that, so this is very educational. Looking through what's possible, build testing definitely seems like a solid option on the table, since I'm assuming you can fight in the Arena but just not rank in it. Another thing that comes to mind is researching stats; last time I recall, the FE:H wiki was actually missing some stat values for certain characters at certain rarities. Or occasionally what they provide is just plain wrong. If you're able to manipulate level and rarity, you'd probably be able to fill in some of the gaps, which would be really nice. You can also figure out the stats to new characters relatively quickly, which should be super useful for many people. Also, I'm not really sure what type of shitposts can be accomplished using FE:H, but if you do make some, it would be lovely if you could do a manakete-based one at some point because I sure do love those.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

I'm not a fan of data mining, since we'll usually see the content sooner than later, and I can wait.  However, I can understand why people want to see what's next. . .but at the same time, not everyone wants to be spoiled immediately.  It's a tricky balance, from the forum mod position.

As for how Nintendo's handling bans, I'm fine with it.  If I was interested enough, I'd make a dummy account, intentionally get that account banned, then experiment like crazy (like getting Laslow up to 60 attack for giggles).

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

How do u make a dummy account exactly? Get another phone? :huh:

Literally just make another Nintendo account from another email. Unlink your phone/emulated main account by deleting all the phone data. Link to the new account.

On a small scale, people sandboxing their game seems alright because it doesn't hurt other players. But I can imagine creators of content getting a little pissed off if the so called harmless hacking runs rampant and people are all playing in their own sandboxes. I can see people getting lured into being able to hack any unit, find the experience of get anything you want staling, and then not have the heart to return back to being a regular player. I just ask that the hacks don't get widely spread or leaked or however else these things accidentally get out these days. For any other moral grounds that conflict with developers, I don't think any of us are qualified to what extent you should or shouldn't break their terms of services or wishes in general. The best thing would be to ask permission from them but that probably wouldn't go down too well (probably) so use your best judgement.

30 minutes ago, cogawak said:

But I can imagine creators of content getting a little pissed off if the so called harmless hacking runs rampant and people are all playing in their own sandboxes. I can see people getting lured into being able to hack any unit, find the experience of get anything you want staling, and then not have the heart to return back to being a regular player.

I can say from experience that I won't fall into this category.

Ever since getting into hacking from the Wii RAM hacking with Super Smash Bros. Brawl.. there's pretty much an unwritten code (haha pun) between ethical hackers that once there is any trace of online misuse, we pretty much try to remove all of it for damage control.

For one thing, I wouldn't risk getting my main account banned. I actually invested a good amount of money into the social aspect of it.

Not to mention my fiance will pretty much have my head for being stupid.

That said, I think it's time to get deliberately banned:

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

How do u make a dummy account exactly? Get another phone? :huh:

If I actually wanted to do this, I'd do so on an emulator, with an account tied to nothing.  That way, my main account is safe and sound, and I don't have to worry as much.

On 4/6/2017 at 2:34 PM, VincentASM said:

I think it would be fun TBH.

...And I do need a bunch of Level 40 stats for 1-5 stars (including impossible ones)...

I'm not exactly sure how the stats work when just manipulating levels straight to level 40.

I've had some crashes doing that with Alphonse.

However, it seems stats reset to their proper values after you reset the app if you mess with rarity.

I messed with today's daily character: Donnel/Donny.

Since from what I remember, they always have a neutral nature.

Spoiler

LsBXWoy.png

Same exact Donny before and after an app reset.

(And needing to put SP on him to learn/equip a skill to sync with the server)

Edit: I just had an "aha!" moment.

Everything character table related XOR'd in memory. Crafty.

Edited by shadowofchaos