List 3 Playable Characters From Each FE That You're Betting Won't Ever Be Playable

Randoman

12 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Good luck with that. I'm betting after 2 years, that you'll get all the characters once you win your bet. My issue is how they plan on adding less popular characters. Mainly because they've been adding more fan favorites. Unless they somehow include a bunch of them for a story update, I fear that they'll be all added consecutively, completely drawing away many of its players during those times.

At some point, they're probably going to have another big character drop where they add a focus banner or two with a giant pile of new 3-star and 4-star characters..

13 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Probably make them attack only 3 spaces away. Though I think it'd be a bit too mean towards fliers.

I think 3 range makes it a bit too powerful because the blind spot is too small, but it'd be hard to tell without actually being in the game. Maybe they'd remove the bonus damage to flying units due to the fact that flyers only have 2 movement range in this game instead of 3 like cavalry.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think 3 range makes it a bit too powerful because the blind spot is too small, but it'd be hard to tell without actually being in the game. Maybe they'd remove the bonus damage to flying units due to the fact that flyers only have 2 movement range in this game instead of 3 like cavalry.

How about 3 range still, but not effective against fliers and only has 1 movement range?

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

How about 3 range still, but not effective against fliers and only has 1 movement range?

I'm not so sure how a 1 movement, 3 range unit is that much more threatening to flying units than a 2 mo, 2 range unit.  I guess you can better protect it behind other chars? I'd keep it's effectiveness.

Still, it's not like there would be many of them amongst the entire cast of characters.

Edited by Vince777

I don't know much of the characters except from FE7, Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Conquest. So I'll just limit most of my knowledge to the ones I have played. I also don't know every character in Heroes so if they are in the game I'm sorry.

FE7: Heath, Geitz, and Farina

FE8: Moulder, Natasha, and Colm (I really freaking hope he doesn't get added.)

Awakening: Laurent, Nah, and that's about it. And maybe that one knight... what... what was his name?

Fates: Pffft. Freaking everyone will probably get added, unless they already are.

Yeah, I'm with those saying that basically everyone is going to make it in eventually so long as the game lasts. We've already got some characters who are arguably pretty random additions (Lon'qu, Donnel, Gwendolyn, Serra, etc.). What I would sooner wonder about is if certain characters are going to get multiple versions based on their appearances in separate games.

59 minutes ago, Falcom said:

With so many characters to add, it's definitely going to take a while. I'm sure the developers will forget to add some characters.

2 years have passed...
Dev 1: "Hmm... We have added a lot of characters. But who are we missing?"
Dev 2: "I don't think we're missing anyone. I'm sure these are all the characters in the game. Ulki, Dolph, Samto, Wallace, Orson. You name it."
Kellam: "Umm.. Hey you're forgetting someone"
Dev 1: "Yes. It does seem like every character is in."
Kellam: "Hellooo..."
Dev 2: "Oh wait. Perhaps I am forgetting someone."
Kellam gets excited
Dev 1: "Ah maybe you're right."
Dev 2: "I can't seem to remember his name... I think it starts with a 'K' and then an "E"..."
Dev 1: "..."
Dev 2: "Oh I know!"
Kellam: "Finally! I just... I'm glad you finally saw me!"
Dev 2: "We forgot to add Keaton."
Kellam facepalms for the rest of eternity

Kellam's already in the game, though. He's a free unit.

3 minutes ago, TheZakkAttack said:

FE8: Moulder, Natasha, and Colm (I really freaking hope he doesn't get added.

You should totally expect all thieves to be added at some point because they are likely to run out of shuriken units fast.

Edited by Vince777

Only counting playable characters because getting into GHBs would be rather hard to predict

FE1: Dolph, Boah, Tomas

FE2: none lol this game will be a goldmine for milking and there aren't that many characters in the first place (actual answer would be Deen, Jesse, Nomah)

FE3: Yubello, Samto, Ryan

FE4: Ardan, Corple, Johalva

FE5: Hicks, Misha, Sleuf

FE6: Cath, Niime, Jodel

FE7; Heath, Merlinus, Rath

FE8: Tethys, Gerik, Syrene

FE9: Ulki, Giffca, Tormod

FE10: Fiona, Lyre, Oliver

FE13: Panne, Say'ri, Kjelle

FE14: Izana, Scarlet, Yukimura

8 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

You should totally expect all thieves to be added at some point because they are likely to run out of shuriken units fast.

Which sucks because I hate Colm but realize we'll have to use him eventually. >:( But the good news is: we can get enemy knife users too. Like Jerme. If you can get Ursula in the game, you can get Jerme. And Kenneth, too while we're at it.

Edited by TheZakkAttack

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

Yeah, I'm with those saying that basically everyone is going to make it in eventually so long as the game lasts. We've already got some characters who are arguably pretty random additions (Lon'qu, Donnel, Gwendolyn, Serra, etc.). What I would sooner wonder about is if certain characters are going to get multiple versions based on their appearances in separate games.

eh, I don't think serra donnel and lon'qu are too odd of decisions

serra's the only foot healer in her game, and all the games represented have at least one healer

donnel's a pretty popular character in addition to being one of those characters you have to train to make really good, and is also one of the only units of his class (in addition to being from awakening which gives him a few extra points already)

and lon'qu is the only myrmidon in awakening (or at least I think he is did say'ri start as a swordmaster or a myrmidon), which naturally has a lot of characters here

5 minutes ago, Veronica Sawyer said:

FE7; Heath, Merlinus, Rath

why not rath though

there are like 6 units with his class and it's already in the game for generic units despite there not being a single playable one

so I think he has at least a slight chance if they ever add playable bow horse guys

Edited by unique

7 minutes ago, Veronica Sawyer said:

FE8: Tethys, Gerik, Syrene

Eeeh, you don't think Tethys will be added? I feel like all the dancers/bards will be added since they're such a minority, though I wonder what Tethys would wield since...y'know, she can't use weapons...

Edit: and the herons! Wonder what they're gonna do with them...

Edited by wizzard of soz

1: Bord, Cord, Beck

2: Grey, Jesse,

3: Wendell, Dolph & Macellan, if they count (they weren't playable in 3, but they were in 12). If not then Midia, Warren

4: Beowolf, Chulainn (Holyn), Naoise

5: Cain, Alva, Robert (too obvious) [I really think they should include Glade specifically because he was dead last in the character poll; I feel sorry for him; next year they could even do an April Fools banner with all the other "losers" from the poll]

6: Garret, Trec, Wade

7: Geitz, Isadora, Merlinus

8: Saleh, Garcia, Innes (did Eirika's route only once, so Innes always just showed up and didn't leave much of an impact on me; though I now see his popularity, so maybe Ewan?)

9: Ulki, Largo, Ena (never much help in battle so I always benched her, Nasir stood out to me more)

10: Nolan, Rafiel, Renning

13: Flavia, Laurent, Nah

14:Yukimura, Fuga (or Shura; really any of the characters with limited supports), Deere

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge

2 minutes ago, unique said:

and lon'qu is the only myrmidon in awakening (or at least I think he is did say'ri start as a swordmaster or a myrmidon)

why not rath though

She starts at swordmaster. And I SO want Rath in heroes. Please Nintendo.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At some point, they're probably going to have another big character drop where they add a focus banner or two with a giant pile of new 3-star and 4-star characters..

If they don't, they can just bump some down to a 3-4 character after the banner ends.Why Rebecca stayed a 4-5 star archer I'll never get, but a huge banner like Blazing Shadows would be the best time to include some so-so units that get the bump into the commons pool.

That said, judging by the interview with the developers treating the current content as "season 1", i'm guessing we'll get a huge batch of new characters next february or so (maybe earlier).

4 minutes ago, Pete-of-the-Forge said:

1: Bord, Cord, Beck
2: Grey, Jesse,
3: Wendell, Dolph & Macellan, if they count (they weren't playable in 3, but they were in 12). If not then Midia, Warren
4: Beowolf, Chulainn (Holyn), Naoise
5: Cain, Alva, Robert
6: Garret, Trec, Wade
7: Geitz, Isadora, Merlinus
8: Saleh, Garcia, Innes
9: Ulki, Largo, Ena
10: Nolan, Rafiel, Renning

I feel Innes is a 100% lock, one of the first few that will come from Sacred Stones and Ena equally has an important plot role in Path of Radiance AND she's a dragon. Also a lock imo.

Edited by Vince777

People are seriously underrating Arden's chances after IS put in Heroes their original meme lord (Wrys), Dorcas being Male Top 20 (another meme lord) and himself is the third best rated character around the Jugdrall characters in the Choose your Hero Poll... Maybe he isn't pretty, but he has his own qualities to appear in this game.

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

People are seriously underrating Arden's chances after IS put in Heroes their original meme lord (Wrys), Dorcas being Male Top 20 (another meme lord) and himself is the third best rated character around the Jugdrall characters in the Choose your Hero Poll... Maybe he isn't pretty, but he has his own qualities to appear in this game.

I always felt bad when Naoish makes fun of Arden for being slow, if he's tanky enough maybe he can have a brave sword, defiant attack, and brash assault and be viable when he comes. 

As for who I don't think will ever come:

I don't think the ballasticians will ever come, and if they do they'll be archers.

I second the idea that Merlinus will not come (Merlinus would make a great meme)

I also do not think Ike will ever come jk

Honestly I'm more worried that characters' personal weapons will not come, such as Leif's Light Brand, or Mareeta's sword, or even the Earth Sword, which kinda got replaced with Absorb (it becomes the Rune Sword in later games)

33 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Possibly too weak, then, now that I think about it. The problem is that it can't out-range everything in the game like it's supposed to. Melee cavalry should be out-ranged and cavalry mages should at best be even. I think 4 range with no effective damage is the best balance.

On a side note, I'm seeing a decent number of people mention Merlinus, but I can come up with an implementation of that, too. Merlinus's use in-game was to allow your units to access storage mid-chapter to replenish or change items.

In Heroes, this obviously doesn't make sense, but it could be modified to allow you to change units instead. Merlinus's assist skill would permanently remove a unit from the mission and replace them with another unit from your box with the same amount of damage as the removed unit. Essentially, at the cost of having only 3 functional units, you can adjust your team to adapt to your opponent.

Removal from the map should be permanent to prevent switching them out for a unit with Falchion and/or Renewal, then switching them back into the battle or other shenanigans like that. Bonus heroes in the arena should only count if they both start and end the battle on your team.

Merlinus would probably count as a colorless staff unit, have no available attack, and level up and gain SP when successfully surviving a mission. He'd probably have cavalry movement type and a correspondingly low stat total.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Possibly too weak, then, now that I think about it. The problem is that it can't out-range everything in the game like it's supposed to. Melee cavalry should be out-ranged and cavalry mages should at best be even. I think 4 range with no effective damage is the best balance.

On a side note, I'm seeing a decent number of people mention Merlinus, but I can come up with an implementation of that, too. Merlinus's use in-game was to allow your units to access storage mid-chapter to replenish or change items.

In Heroes, this obviously doesn't make sense, but it could be modified to allow you to change units instead. Merlinus's assist skill would permanently remove a unit from the mission and replace them with another unit from your box with the same amount of damage as the removed unit. Essentially, at the cost of having only 3 functional units, you can adjust your team to adapt to your opponent.

Removal from the map should be permanent to prevent switching them out for a unit with Falchion and/or Renewal, then switching them back into the battle or other shenanigans like that. Bonus heroes in the arena should only count if they both start and end the battle on your team.

Merlinus would probably count as a colorless staff unit, have no available attack, and level up and gain SP when successfully surviving a mission. He'd probably have cavalry movement type and a correspondingly low stat total.

As interesting as that would be, I think a more obvious variant on this would be letting a unit swap their skills on the fly. If someone wants to get rid of their triangle adpet for some other skill they own, for example.

lamest variant: you can only swap out weapons, specifically

Everyone who said Tomas won't make it will be banned. :P:

While I think The Many Harolds are amusing, I don't think they'd make it in, on account of being recolors of each other.

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

As interesting as that would be, I think a more obvious variant on this would be letting a unit swap their skills on the fly. If someone wants to get rid of their triangle adpet for some other skill they own, for example.

lamest variant: you can only swap out weapons, specifically

Swapping out weapons would be more accurate to his character, but kinda meh. It'd still be pretty neat if you could swap to any character's weapon of your roster that had the same type. Say if you have a sword user and against a dragon, you could switch to a Falchion. 

53 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

Eeeh, you don't think Tethys will be added? I feel like all the dancers/bards will be added since they're such a minority, though I wonder what Tethys would wield since...y'know, she can't use weapons...

Dark magic, so red tomes, of course. :P