Amelia

Tino

Also, your methods and reasons for saying Amelia is a good unit makes me wonder why Ewan sucks so much in your eyes. You pretty much baby Amelia, something that's even easier with Ewan.

Personally, I don't think either of them are great characters.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not. Initially, "great" characters were just people with outstanding growths or depending on their classes. FE7 Karel was once thought to be better than Harken. The story behind the trainees being awesome characters was that they have more levels to grow... that's it.

Edited by Boo

They're not. Initially, "great" characters were just people with outstanding growths or depending on their classes. FE7 Karel was once thought to be better than Harken. The story behind the trainees being awesome characters was that they have more levels to grow... that's it.

Really? Wow. I only thought that until I actually used Harken.

Also, your methods and reasons for saying Amelia is a good unit makes me wonder why Ewan sucks so much in your eyes. You pretty much baby Amelia, something that's even easier with Ewan.

Personally, I don't think either of them are great characters.

:o

Well Ewan comes late in the game compared to Amelia. I never said Ewans sucks. They are both good units. From my personal experience I just find Ewan more difficult to level up.

There are pleanty other magic users that can be used. Anyway I did not say Ewan sucks because if you are bothered with him he does turn out to be a powerful unit.

I was stating that I rather use Amelia over Ewan because she comes early in the game and I personally find her easier to level up compared to Ewan.

Like you find it difficult to level up Nolan...that was the point I was making :mellow:

Edited by Luxord

:o

Well Ewan comes late in the game compared to Amelia. I never said Ewans sucks. They are both good units. From my personal experience I just find Ewan more difficult to level up.

There are pleanty other magic users that can be used. Anyway I did not say Ewan sucks because if you are patient with him he does turn out to be a powerful unit.

I was stating that I rather use Amelia over Ewan because she comes early in the game and I personally find her easier to level up compared to Ewan.

Like you find it difficult to level up Nolan...that was the point I was making :mellow:

Sorry, I was directing it at Tino....

Sorry about that fox :lol:

I really should've specified.

But I'm serious on the Ewan thing. I personally don't think he's too good (though better than Knoll), but if Amelia can be babied why can't Ewan, who is potentially easier to baby?

I really should've specified.

But I'm serious on the Ewan thing. I personally don't think he's too good (though better than Knoll), but if Amelia can be babied why can't Ewan, who is potentially easier to baby?

Well.........I don't know...seriously :lol:

I just find it easier to level up Amelia than Ewan :/ Ewan keeps dying on me >_>

Probably it is because my bad luck with him :(

Abusing the tower can fix the dying thing. :P

Can't be bothered :mellow:

I do use my players in the tower but when it comes to recruit Ewan I really don't need him since I leveled all my players up that I need :/

I just don't see Great Knight as superior to General, man. General has better promotion gains, better caps, and only sacrifices a single movement.

Just because a General have high caps, that doesn't mean they will even uses them anyways. Great Knight's is the most useful and versatile class easily. 6 Speed > 5 Speed. Being able to move more over being able to move less.

Oh, and weakness to Horseslayers (which happen commonly enough in the Creature Campaign depending on the map to be at least a super mega remote concern.)

It's nice, but you hardly face Horseslayer anyways. There's like 4-5 enemies with Horseslayer weapons in the entire game. It's pretty premature to assume than when they can control the weapon triangle. And enemies are so pathetic to be easily defeated. Not to mention General's are weak against Armorslayers.

Considering a mounted unit with only 6 speed is pretty much just as slow because of how badly they lose speed going through trees and the fact they just cannot possibly traverse over hills while Generals can, movement between the two is comparable.

It's funny, but General has low speed growth anyways. It's pretty hard to comprehend their speed growth, therefore it's not that usable, any level's given to them is basically babying.

Tower abuse is fast and easy for trainees. Start off at the beginning and let them kill all the monster that come at you, usually scoring 1-2 levels per monster. Usually they'll be promoting after that stage. Then re-enter, Make them kill a few more until lvl 8-10. After that, just clear a path straight to any promoted monsters, instant lvl per kill, retreat. Rinse, repeat, promote.

For high movement units that can take out the boss zombie in 1 round it's even easier.

Example:

Kyle and Tethys are put into play.

Kyle moves closer to that boss zombie but in range of Tethys so that she can dance for him. Kyle moves again and kills zombie. Retreat and repeat >_>

Raising the trainees on a HM runthrough (particularly Ephraim's route) without using any form of abuse (eg. Tower, Ruin, or Skirmishes) is pretty hard to accomplish. I've only managed to raise Ross, because the bandit hideout has the perfect layout and enemy positioning for him to get to Lv10.

Tower/Ruins/Skirmishes usually aren't considered in a Debate or similar, for several reasons, some more difficult to explain than others. I had trouble with the concept at first, but I eventually understood the reasoning.

And for me, Amelia>>>>>Ewan. Ewan dies almost instantly on his join chapter. He dies more quickly than Amelia by far, and doesn't really have great stats end game, plus has mediocre Supports.

Only 5 Movement when all other characters have 6~8 is pretty bad, actually.

Not if you understand how to use a general strategically. He/She should be the only one that actually uses their full movement gain on any given turn where you're progressing towards enemies without actually getting to them. Cavaliers are actually better left off a tile or two or three behind your front-most line. Often times there are cavaliers who belong on the front lines but they tend to have rather mediocre defenses and the vast majority have avoid issues. My point is, moving out just a few guys who move farthest that much ahead of the rest of your group will put your cavaliers at risk while making some otherwise fantastic units obsolete because they're never going to see any action.

I really don't wanna finish FE7 just to replay it on hard over VBA to show you guys what I mean, but I'll do it if I have to.

Not if you understand how to use a general strategically. He/She should be the only one that actually uses their full movement gain on any given turn where you're progressing towards enemies without actually getting to them. Cavaliers are actually better left off a tile or two or three behind your front-most line. Often times there are cavaliers who belong on the front lines but they tend to have rather mediocre defenses and the vast majority have avoid issues. My point is, moving out just a few guys who move farthest that much ahead of the rest of your group will put your cavaliers at risk while making some otherwise fantastic units obsolete because they're never going to see any action.

I really don't wanna finish FE7 just to replay it on hard over VBA to show you guys what I mean, but I'll do it if I have to.

We understand. I do know what you're saying. Often when I play I slowly advance my units, letting the enemies come to me, and barely taking damage. But the problem with playstyles is that there are so many. Other people do things differently.

True enough!

The tactics rank on any given FE with a tactics rank usually still gives you plenty of turns to work my strategy of making the units with slowest movement speed so I like it. You do have to push your knights/generals towards the bulk of the enemy forces, though. They're pretty terrible for chasing down random stray guys.

That's what Falcon Knights and Paladins are for, though. Run them totally backwards from your main forces and they still get back in touch with them in two rounds.

True enough!

The tactics rank on any given FE with a tactics rank usually still gives you plenty of turns to work my strategy of making the units with slowest movement speed so I like it. You do have to push your knights/generals towards the bulk of the enemy forces, though. They're pretty terrible for chasing down random stray guys.

That's what Falcon Knights and Paladins are for, though. Run them totally backwards from your main forces and they still get back in touch with them in two rounds.

Well, I find FE6-9 are so easy that all I really have to do his move them roughly towards the goal without doing anything especially retarded and I'll be fine. But yeah, sometimes I like to follow certain plans.

I've got way too many favorite strategies. I actually tend to favor a Blitzkreig style strategy, where I use a lot of highly damaging units, especially Magic users, charge them right at the enemy, and try to kill all the enemies before they have a chance to kill me. Often, several Healers are a massive boon. Obviously it's a bit more involved than that, but it's the premise.

• 2 weeks later...

Once you get her past Pupil, she's very good, I promoted her into a Cavalier and later into a Great Knight.

Why does everybody promote her to a Knight? I mean her sprite looks like a man instead of a girl, and she's slower as a Knight, as a Cavalier she can almost evade ANY attack.

I have her now as a lvl 7 Great Knight her Str is 26, Spd is 20s, her luck defense and skill is also good.

Why does everybody promote her to a Knight? I mean her sprite looks like a man instead of a girl, and she's slower as a Knight, as a Cavalier she can almost evade ANY attack.

Many people prefer Recruit<Knight<General for the General's higher caps, but Knight is such a terrible class that's it's rarely worth it.