Cipher DLC Confirmed for the West

6 hours ago, LoyalKing32 said:

>Offers star shards to fix growths

>Story focused pack on pre-Alm deliverance

>4th tier classes with unique animations and looks

It's overpriced fluff meant to break the game. Growths don't need to be "fixed" because the game was built around them; the prequel DLC just re-uses maps, and the 4ht-tier classes are pretty much only to make Chapter 6 easier.

4 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

This is the definition of jumping the gun.

Like when people started speculating "Echoes" means they're branding for a series of remakes translation fiasco.

How the fuck? All I said was Cipher is getting represented. I didn't say the Cipher CARDS is gonna come over soon. Christ.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

It's overpriced fluff meant to break the game. Growths don't need to be "fixed" because the game was built around them; the prequel DLC just re-uses maps, and the 4ht-tier classes are pretty much only to make Chapter 6 easier.

So what? That happened with loads of Awakening and Fates DLC. It's still a story expansion whether you like it or not.

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Exactly all very true I hope they learn next time.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 hour ago, LoyalKing32 said:

So what? That happened with loads of Awakening and Fates DLC. It's still a story expansion whether you like it or not.

It fails by those games' own DLC standards-- every new class had a map with it, and no maps were recycled. The "Heirs of Fate" pass was $8 for 5/6 maps, for instance.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

It fails by those games' own DLC standards-- every new class had a map with it, and no maps were recycled. The "Heirs of Fate" pass was $8 for 5/6 maps, for instance.

I agree on the class stuff but did you actually play the heirs of fate maps because 4 of those maps were reused from the other campaigns. B26, C25, B18, and C23. I also think the finale was the same as Revelation's, but it might have just been a similar set up rather than the actual map again. The 5th map was unique, at least.

e: The price is high,  but I kind of wonder if the voice acting is the cause there.

Edited by r_n

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

e: The price is high,  but I kind of wonder if the voice acting is the cause there.

It's definitely because of the voice acting.

13 hours ago, The DanMan said:

It still works because it's bonus content that couldn't work into the base game at all. Uh no every dlc with Fates and Awakening mostly contained reused maps lol.

10 hours ago, r_n said:

I agree on the class stuff but did you actually play the heirs of fate maps because 4 of those maps were reused from the other campaigns. B26, C25, B18, and C23. I also think the finale was the same as Revelation's, but it might have just been a similar set up rather than the actual map again. The 5th map was unique, at least.

^

Edited by LoyalKing32

43 minutes ago, LoyalKing32 said:

It still works because it's bonus content that couldn't work into the base game at all. Uh no every dlc with Fates and Awakening mostly contained reused maps lol.

11 hours ago, r_n said:

I didn't play Heirs of Fate-- the only DLC I've bought is the Challenge Pack back in Awakening. Even if it did re-use maps, the point still stands-- you could get six chapters for $8, which is better than 4 for $12.

And all the recording was almost certainly done at once-- it's not costing them anymore than other RPGs (and to preempt the "FE has more characters" response, it's more characters but less screentime per character-- more intensive for the Voice Director and the like, but it's still a comparable amount of voicework and money spent total).

Awakening's DLC styled its maps around previous entries (and the miniseries of the first season all just shifted the time of day on one map), but they still had to be made in-game and weren't part of the base product.

9 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I didn't play Heirs of Fate-- the only DLC I've bought is the Challenge Pack back in Awakening. Even if it did re-use maps, the point still stands-- you could get six chapters for $8, which is better than 4 for $12.

And all the recording was almost certainly done at once-- it's not costing them anymore than other RPGs (and to preempt the "FE has more characters" response, it's more characters but less screentime per character-- more intensive for the Voice Director and the like, but it's still a comparable amount of voicework and money spent total).

Awakening's DLC styled its maps around previous entries (and the miniseries of the first season all just shifted the time of day on one map), but they still had to be made in-game and weren't part of the base product.

There was nothing new about the dlc except having to write off characters and designing maps. The cards were reused models with old art. Of course it was going to be cheap.

8 minutes ago, LoyalKing32 said:

There was nothing new about the dlc except having to write off characters and designing maps. The cards were reused models with old art. Of course it was going to be cheap.

The paid DLC had new art, for one. And even then, they still put more effort into Awakening's DLC than they have with SoV's.

Okay, I don't see this argument continuing, but I think we should give it a rest. This topic was meant to promote positivity from the DLC; there are already threads where you can complain about it.

This might be the one DLC I buy. $5 for possibly upwards of 4 units sounds nice. This is all conditional based on stats and classes for one. Also how strong the DLC enemies you have to fight to unlock the characters are if you need to fight to win them (if it's endgame level stats, I'd be less inclined to buy- the sooner I can get them the better). And lastly how they're distributed between Alm and Celica's armies.