Ideas As To How We Should Use Badges?

Falcom

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

Between SP, Hero Merrit and EXP, you can't not do the training tower. Badges are redundant unless you're whaling and constantly upgrading units. You could convert badges to feathers now and it wouldn't change the way anyone plays.

I can agree that they are currently redundant.  But I don't think that was their original intention.  I think they just didn't realize how easy badges would be to get compared to feathers so they've become redundant because everyone has them.  They could lower the drop rates of badges and make them completely relevant again.  If they're going to make it so you can trade badges for feathers, they should just get rid of badges and make the training tower drop feathers. 

12 minutes ago, Lushen said:

They could lower the drop rates of badges and make them completely relevant again. 

Would it? Everyone plays the training tower for EXP, SP and HM. Even if you slowed down badge acquisition rate, players would eventually get enough badges just doing the things they would be doing anyway. If they want badges to be a relevant, they ought to put them in a mode that players wouldn't be pouring their time into otherwise (imagine the Special Maps were the primary source for badges).

All that said, I'd be fine with unlocking potential only being through feathers and badges being SP fodder.