Official Art

Fox

- Marich looks totally lame with that giant hat of his.

Maric has always had that ridiculous hood. He looks virtually identical to the way he did in the older art.

I had hoped that in all the screwing up of characters he'd do some justice for one of the lame wads... Also, Marth's appearance makes me shudder at the thought of seeing him in SSB4.

Edited by Arch

I had hoped that in all the screwing up of characters he'd do some justice for one of the lame wads... Also, Marth's appearance makes me shudder at the thought of seeing him in SSB4.

personally, i thought Marth in FEDS was better than the SSBM and SSBB Marth, so i can't complain there. besides his baggy pants.

Edited by Troy of Troy

A lot of characters in Brawl got updated models based on newer games. Look at the Zelda series, for instance. In Brawl, they used their Twilight Princess incarnates (or Wind Waker incarnates, if you look at Toon Link) instead of their Ocarina of Time models from Melee. Other examples include Samus, who took on her appearance from the Metroid Prime trilogy, and Fox McCloud, who was given the Starfox Command model.

I wouldn't be surprised if the newer model of Marth was chosen for SSB4 (assuming there will be one) because of that trend.

I absolutely hate this game's art style. It doesn't fit Fire Emblem at all.

- Minerva looks like a spoiled brat who didn't get their way instead of a naturally angry person.

- There's no way in hell Linda posed as a guy to escape slavery with the body the artist gave her...

- Oguma looks like a freaking retard but the sand hair is what really did it for me. This totally destroyed all respect I had for the guy.

- Navarre looks like he's on crack. He also now looks like a generic myrmidon, what happened to his brown hair and purple robe?

- Camus looks like I didn't have enough time to comb his hair before his story appearance. Now the only thing that makes him look noble is his overly detailed outfit. His facial expression makes him seem a lot younger than he is.

Okay... I'm going to ignore the comments that don't seem to have a basis in reality and just seem like you whining... That'd be the spoiled brat comment (which I'm not seeing) the freaking retard comment, and the on crack comment.

- Linda couldn't of passed as a guy in that outfit, however she's had the least ammount of physical changes to her appearance of the bunch. So either that's a constant complaint on yours (made to just make the art sound worse)... or you honestly didn't see it before. Also pretty much any girl with the right materials can pass as a guy as long as their hair doesn't go on for, well, as long as Linda in any art of her.

- Oguma's more earthtoned color scheme is different, but I don't honestly see how its worse than 'generic blonde haired pretty boy swordsman'.

- Since Navarre is the original Myrmidon it's hard for him to look like a Generic one, Ayra and the others were based on Navarre's appearance. Additionally his official outfit was white or blue before. Additionally to that his hair color has been brown and black before. You could make an arguement about the sword in his art not being red (which is the only thing besides long hair all his arts have in common), but Killing Blades in FE11 aren't red.

- Marich's absurd hats have always looked lame. I'm going to just assume you said "Marth's FE-Lord cape looks dumb" here as that's basically it. You complain about the changes then turn to complain about what goes unchanged. At least in FE11 he looks like a boy compared to FE-Manga where he looks to be a 14 year old girl. His outfit's added details make it less dumb than its card art and official Mystery of the Emblem art as well.

- Because the previous art for Camus had him looking so much older? Overly detailed outfit isn't wrong for Camus.

- Minerva looks like a spoiled brat who didn't get their way instead of a naturally angry person.

- There's no way in hell Linda posed as a guy to escape slavery with the body the artist gave her... Well, compare her to the rest of the art of her. Not much different, except she has sandals. (which is my complaint, keep it bare!) Point is, she didn't change much appearance-wise. (sure is perdy, screw the pretending to be a guy plot)

- Oguma looks like a freaking retard but the sand hair is what really did it for me. This totally destroyed all respect I had for the guy.

- Navarre looks like he's on crack. He also now looks like a generic myrmidon, what happened to his brown hair and purple robe?

- Camus looks like I didn't have enough time to comb his hair before his story appearance. Now the only thing that makes him look noble is his overly detailed outfit. His facial expression makes him seem a lot younger than he is.

Comment in bold. I like Linda's art, except for one problem that would probably only bother me.

- There's no way in hell Linda posed as a guy to escape slavery with the body the artist gave her...

This. Though I do like Marich's hat, Minerva doesn't seem stern at all, and Navarre's colours are of a generic Myrmidon. >__< I agree definately with your comment on Linda. With the original OA, she could easily pass as a boy.

Okay... I'm going to ignore the comments that don't seem to have a basis in reality and just seem like you whining... That'd be the spoiled brat comment (which I'm not seeing) the freaking retard comment, and the on crack comment.

- Linda couldn't of passed as a guy in that outfit, however she's had the least ammount of physical changes to her appearance of the bunch. So either that's a constant complaint on yours (made to just make the art sound worse)... or you honestly didn't see it before. Also pretty much any girl with the right materials can pass as a guy as long as their hair doesn't go on for, well, as long as Linda in any art of her.

- Oguma's more earthtoned color scheme is different, but I don't honestly see how its worse than 'generic blonde haired pretty boy swordsman'.

- Since Navarre is the original Myrmidon it's hard for him to look like a Generic one, Ayra and the others were based on Navarre's appearance. Additionally his official outfit was white or blue before. Additionally to that his hair color has been brown and black before. You could make an arguement about the sword in his art not being red (which is the only thing besides long hair all his arts have in common), but Killing Blades in FE11 aren't red.

- Marich's absurd hats have always looked lame. I'm going to just assume you said "Marth's FE-Lord cape looks dumb" here as that's basically it. You complain about the changes then turn to complain about what goes unchanged. At least in FE11 he looks like a boy compared to FE-Manga where he looks to be a 14 year old girl. His outfit's added details make it less dumb than its card art and official Mystery of the Emblem art as well.

- Because the previous art for Camus had him looking so much older? Overly detailed outfit isn't wrong for Camus.

Don't insult Archy. He's pretty much correct, since the characters look nothing like their personalities would dictate or their older art.

Oguma was never a pretty-boy. He's been a stern and devoted mercenary and bodyguard. He looks like an fool in his new OA.

The first Myrmidon was Ayra. Navarre was a generic sprite in FE1, but then given the standard brunnette and purple robes. Regardless, he looks extremely generic when seen with the generic enemy Myrmidons.

Camus at least didn't look like an eight-year-old. >__<

My point with the GitS line is that its not just 'some artist' its one of Japan's most loved artists. That certainly it takes the game's OA in a very different direction, but isn't inheirantly bad.

Well, I did know Masamune Shirow isn't just any old artist, so I respect his art style. And it definitely is quite very different from FE's OA style the past few years. I wonder what artist they'll be using for the next FE game though.

Linda's old OA was from years ago and it was more simpler, so it's hard to say really about her ability to pretend to be a boy compared to this new art. I haven't actually played FE1, but didn't she at least change clothes? At least non-tight clothes that won't make her chest really stand out. Anyway, I personally get boggled by girl-dressing-up-as-boy stuff, but it usually seems to work out in dramas/games/anime/manga... It's fairly common in chinese dramas set in Ancient China, but I always think "What, how on earth can you mistake that girly face?!?!". But that's mostly due to knowing the actress beforehand.

Yeah, Marich always had his cheesy cone-ish hat. It'd be wrong to remove it, so I guess they tried to upgrade it. (But I agree that it justs looks so weird, even more weird now >__<.)

• 4 weeks later...
Don't insult Archy. He's pretty much correct, since the characters look nothing like their personalities would dictate or their older art.

How a character resembles his/her personality is rather subjective, and I see hardly any reason why the new official art should look similar to the old official art.

Wtf are you guys going on about. This artwork is amazing even by FE standards. If I could play as THAT Marth in Smash Bros.... wow. I would be hard pressed to play as anyone else.

The only portrait I don't like is Oguma.... ugly beast.

Are you seriously saying that these artworks are worse than the previous games, which gave us Meg... MEG!?

And seeing that art.... I want Sheeda to be in SSB4!

Edited by Chris Lionheart

Wtf are you guys going on about. This artwork is amazing even by FE standards. If I could play as THAT Marth in Smash Bros.... wow. I would be hard pressed to play as anyone else.

The only portrait I don't like is Oguma.... ugly beast.

Are you seriously saying that these artworks are worse than the previous games, which gave us Meg... MEG!?

And seeing that art.... I want Sheeda to be in SSB4!

The only thing I don't like is how they gave Magical Linda sandals. The lack of footwear is the very reason she caught my unique sense of attention!

Personally, I love this art style. I agree the details on Marth's clothing are a bit overdone, but I like the way it turned out on other characters.

Since I've never really "bonded" with the original game's characters, I can't say that I mind some of them looking differently either.