Mario+Rabbids game picture leaked...and it's a shooting game?!

Water Mage

19 minutes ago, Zera said:

Have you played SteamWorld Heist? It's my favorite (and only) turn based strategy on modern Nintendo consoles. It is like a sidescrolling XCOM.

Got the game on one of the many sales it's been through, along with SteamWorld Dig. The game looked nice, the gameplay was a little simple, but fun and strategic nonetheless. I did autosave abuse the heck of things though- would've had a lot more deaths if I hadn't. It was a short and sweet experience.

After playing the game for a bit, I decided to buy The Outsider DLC. Fen for some reason I found to be extremely charming, plus I liked his gameplay gimmick. Fen + Piper (duh) and Payroll (liked that he was a petty criminal, plus FE has turned me on to high movement units) were my standard trio. Sally ultimately became my 4th character despite my dislike for her country girl thing (Bea had preceded her as my 4th, but she wasn't as good in gameplay).

I liked the hats, and especially their names and descriptions. Not-So-Square-Hair and Oh Com'on (I'm probably misspelling this one) are my favorities.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

47 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

More info.

Skill trees and Mario starts with the the Overwatch skill. I do like XCOM elements in my strategy games. Now you've got my attention.

Can you provide a different source? The page comes up for me, but then I get a window saying I have to allow ads on it and even if I disable my adblocker for it, I still get that message.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Can you provide a different source? The page comes up for me, but then I get a window saying I have to allow ads on it and even if I disable my adblocker for it, I still get that message.

Sure, it's not the full source, but it is a recap.

29 minutes ago, Zera said:

@Gustavos Have you played SteamWorld Heist? It's my favorite (and only) turn based strategy on modern Nintendo consoles. It is like a sidescrolling XCOM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABLgkooVv8s

I have not, maybe I should take a look~ I still need to get my hands on XCOM2 as well, but I played Enemy Unknown/Within a ton.

2 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Sure, it's not the full source, but it is a recap.

Thanks!

It actually sounds neat, imo. I hope E3 won't focus too much on it though, because I still feel there are better things it could be showing us, like FE Warriors, FE Switch, an HD Zelda: Skyward Sword for Switch (I don't think it really NEEDS this, but since TP was remade and I didn't think it needed the HD treatment, why not? Plus, Skyward Sword with Amiibo compatibility and on a console you can also play anywhere would be awesome), more on Super Mario Odyssey, a Switch Luigi's Mansion game, etc.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks!

It actually sounds neat, imo. I hope E3 won't focus too much on it though, because I still feel there are better things it could be showing us, like FE Warriors, FE Switch, an HD Zelda: Skyward Sword for Switch (I don't think it really NEEDS this, but since TP was remade and I didn't think it needed the HD treatment, why not? Plus, Skyward Sword with Amiibo compatibility and on a console you can also play anywhere would be awesome), more on Super Mario Odyssey, a Switch Luigi's Mansion game, etc.

I'm guessing Nintendo will focus on Splatoon the most (ARMs will be out by then), and then Mario Odyssey. Rabbid's Kingdom Battle will probably have split attention between Nintendo and Ubisoft's conferences, but I don't think it will take up too much of the presentation's time. FE Warriors might have more character trailers to show although I don't know if we'll see anything new for FE Switch yet. Instead we'll likely see what's been going on with the titles that were announced at the Switch's launch like Skyrim or Project Octopath Traveller. We might also see some new things to do with Animal Crossing as the mobile game has been hush hush ever since it was announced, but some new merch has been unveiled for Japanese audiences.

6 hours ago, Samias said:

I'm guessing Nintendo will focus on Splatoon the most (ARMs will be out by then), and then Mario Odyssey. Rabbid's Kingdom Battle will probably have split attention between Nintendo and Ubisoft's conferences, but I don't think it will take up too much of the presentation's time. FE Warriors might have more character trailers to show although I don't know if we'll see anything new for FE Switch yet. Instead we'll likely see what's been going on with the titles that were announced at the Switch's launch like Skyrim or Project Octopath Traveller. We might also see some new things to do with Animal Crossing as the mobile game has been hush hush ever since it was announced, but some new merch has been unveiled for Japanese audiences.

Ugh, I don't want Splatoon to get the most attention either.

Oh well.

I think it's almost a guarantee that we'll get an FE Switch trailer, though. It's scheduled to release in 2018 and doesn't have a proper reveal yet. E3 would be the perfect time for this.

Im still trying to comprehend what in the hell I am looking at. Ive seen rabbids advertisements before, always thought they looked kind of stupid though. and now Mario is standing next to them with a gun. What?

And now I am reading its some kind of strategy side scroller kind of like a sidescrolling xcom. which..... I dont know what to think about that. Or this entire thing. My biggest question is just, why? Of all the games to collaborate with and all the characters to mix with Mario from the West, we go with Rabbids? Havent they been dead in the water for the last 5 years or more? And they just dont fit either. Its like mixing Minions and Sonic the Hedhehog. It just doesnt make any sense. Why?

Edited by Tolvir

Because, Ubisoft wants free marketing, and Mario is free marketing. Literally, you can put Mario into any game, and it will sell better. Look no further than Mario Kart, a series which, for gameplay, is no better than Fast RMX and Sonic Racing Transformed, yet crushes both in sales. Ubisoft made a very smart, if insidious, decision.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It's Xcom.

Wasn't expecting that.

Yeah its actually gotten my interest now, I wasn't expecting that.

43 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It's Xcom.

Wasn't expecting that.

Hrmm.....

On the one hand...  I don't really care for Rabbids...  Like... eh.  I probably feel the same about them as I do about Minions.

But on the other hand, I really like Xcom.  And I like Mario well enough.

On 6/2/2017 at 10:22 AM, Tolvir said:

Im still trying to comprehend what in the hell I am looking at. Ive seen rabbids advertisements before, always thought they looked kind of stupid though. and now Mario is standing next to them with a gun. What?

And now I am reading its some kind of strategy side scroller kind of like a sidescrolling xcom. which..... I dont know what to think about that. Or this entire thing. My biggest question is just, why? Of all the games to collaborate with and all the characters to mix with Mario from the West, we go with Rabbids? Havent they been dead in the water for the last 5 years or more? And they just dont fit either. Its like mixing Minions and Sonic the Hedhehog. It just doesnt make any sense. Why?

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Behold, the worst kept secret since... something that wasn't kept secret very well.

At least now there's more time for other games in Nintendo's broadcast.

I don't know why, but... It's beautiful. I no longer need FE switch, this is enough.