Banner Idea: VIllians

Hero_Lucina

9 hours ago, goodperson707 said:

Yeah been meaning to ask about the non red dark magic users in the OP.

Though I don't really care about Ashnard that much and the mages being that colour while having dark magic themed personals is technically possible I suppose but I don't really see it. (Nergal could use Anima and Lyon has injoke potential since I'm pretty sure he used thunder in the class rolecall) 

Mainly to be diverse and not have a certain blue horse unit I cannot get destroy them all

Just now, Vince777 said:

Is there a reason nobody ever propose Medeus as an available villain? 

He's not so huge as a earth dragon (and manakete are still rare in this game).

I was but I don't know which one he'd fit under (Red, Green or Blue)

8 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Nah, Eldigan and Reinhardt is in the gacha pool despite they are enemies in their original games. So it might be really possible for villains to be in the gacha pool. 

Eldigan was never an enemy; he was simply never a playable character. Reinhardt isn't someone you were supposed fight.

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Is there a reason nobody ever propose Medeus as an available villain? 

He's not so huge as a earth dragon (and manakete are still rare in this game).

Mystery of the Emblem Medeuth is the more memorable version of him. And if we ever have any chance of getting final bosses in this game, I'd prefer Grima because coolest dragon design is coolest dragon design.

Also, I think there'd be more demand for the remaining playable dragons first, like Nagi, Nah, Nils, Myrrh, Banutu, Ena, Nasir, and Kurthnaga.

Also Dheginhansea.

3 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I was but I don't know which one he'd fit under (Red, Green or Blue)

Under the current color scheme, he'd most likely be blue (weak to divine dragons), but possibly green (neutral to divine dragons and weak to Falchion). I think red is least likely.

Perhaps even colorless breath?

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eldigan was never an enemy; he was simply never a playable character. Reinhardt isn't someone you were supposed fight.

Mystery of the Emblem Medeuth is the more memorable version of him. And if we ever have any chance of getting final bosses in this game, I'd prefer Grima because coolest dragon design is coolest dragon design.

Also, I think there'd be more demand for the remaining playable dragons first, like Nagi, Nah, Nils, Myrrh, Banutu, Ena, Nasir, and Kurthnaga.

Also Dheginhansea.

Under the current color scheme, he'd most likely be blue (weak to divine dragons), but possibly green (neutral to divine dragons and weak to Falchion). I think red is least likely.

Perhaps even colorless breath?

That sounds interesting 

On 2017-05-24 at 10:54 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Except that Gurgurant is actually a personal weapon whereas Runesword is just a really fancy A-rank sword that isn't obtainable in the main game (just like Fimbulvetr).

The distinction is only relevant to people who both get Narcian in a trial map then trade his weapon off. It's definitely his signature weapon in Binding Blade (it's the only weapon he is equipped with and makes no appearance in the game otherwise), and him not having it in Heroes is really weird, and I assume it's because they've been too lazy to make a sword- or lance-using animation for wyverns. Unlike Ashnard he can't even use axes...

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

The distinction is only relevant to people who both get Narcian in a trial map then trade his weapon off. It's definitely his signature weapon in Binding Blade (it's the only weapon he is equipped with and makes no appearance in the game otherwise), and him not having it in Heroes is really weird, and I assume it's because they've been too lazy to make a sword- or lance-using animation for wyverns. Unlike Ashnard he can't even use axes...

The entire rest of the Fire Emblem series treats the Runesword as a generic weapon, and as this is a crossover game, that fact does need to be taken into account.

This game's uninheritable weapons fall under exactly two categories: (1) weapons that are actually locked to a character or characters and (2) weapons that are the highest weapon rank in their game and are part of the character's starting inventory. Runesword is neither.

As for the animation, the game's art assets are modular enough that creating the animations for other weapons is a non-issue. The dragon uses the same animation as for an axe, and the person uses the same animation as for a pegasus knight's sword and lance attacks. All of the art assets are already there to do so, and the animations are also already there. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised at all if hacking the game to give a dragon knight a sword or a lance already just works.

As for being able to use an axe, Sheena has never been able to use an axe either, and Faye has never been able to use a bow. Sheena's case is identical to Narshen's where they're simply giving the character the ability to use a weapon that their class is capable of using in other games.

Cool! I can't wait to look at the non fanart Fe6 artwork of Narcian where he uses an Axe.

Narcian getting an Axe in the context of heroes at the time is fine to me, but the context of Sheena seems to also include plausible context involving her from outside heroes and to me that makes a difference to (at least) not be considered identical. 

Edited by goodperson707

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

As for being able to use an axe, Sheena has never been able to use an axe either, and Faye has never been able to use a bow. Sheena's case is identical to Narshen's where they're simply giving the character the ability to use a weapon that their class is capable of using in other games.

Sheena's case is less bothersome to me because at least I understand the logic of wanting another armoured axe-user (and y'know there isn't a lance which is strongly associated with her the way the Runesword is with Narcian). If animations isn't the reason for Narcian that's a real head-scratcher, because there's no shortage of axe fliers.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, silverserpent said:

*is waiting for lightning breath Green dragon*

Or just more dragons in general since half of those available a Blue. And we need Hone/Goad/Fortify for a legit Dragon team.

Just sacrifice any Awakening dragon to Fae and problem solved. 

5 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Just sacrifice any Awakening dragon to Fae and problem solved. 

I thought the breaths were inheritable only by color?

Edit: oh, hi...I'm such a dork. Now i know what to do with one of my extra Nowi >_>

Edited by silverserpent
Stupidity on user's part