Dreadfighters Promoting to Villagers

This is something I'm really surprised came back. I thought it was a glitch in the original game (at least until I discovered natural mercenaries like Saber can learn magic). It's just so bizarre. Why can a Dreadfighter promote to a villager? If every advance class eventually could then I'd understand it but only one specific class has the ability to infinite level. And you know what? It's actually really abusable. I did it with Tobin. Unlike what you'd expect it does not reset base stats or even record an internal level. And then because his class and level were so low, he got a level up on pretty much every single kill making him really strong really quickly. It's just...weird. I'm so confused. Does anyone have any sort of theory why this is a thing?

Edited by Jotari

It's definitely not a glitch in the original either (the circumstances around it are too specific, especially how it only reduces res by 15 and no other stats) and the fact that they've chosen to keep it confirms that.

I just wonder why they didn't retroactively apply it to other advanced classes (Barons, Gold Knights, Bow Knights, Sages, Falcoknights, Priestesses, and Saints) to make it not so wildly unbalanced in favor of Dread Fighters.  Yeah sure, Villagers Forks exist, but they're limited in supply.  

It just seems like a very strange decision from a balancing perspective.

23 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I just wonder why they didn't retroactively apply it to other advanced classes (Barons, Gold Knights, Bow Knights, Sages, Falcoknights, Priestesses, and Saints) to make it not so wildly unbalanced in favor of Dread Fighters.  Yeah sure, Villagers Forks exist, but they're limited in supply. 

That's the point. They want to sell their cheat code "DLC", so they limit the player's ability to level up. Demon Fighters becoming Villagers was in the original Gaiden, so they had to include that. Beyond that they have no such obligation.

Edited by BrightBow

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

That's the point. They want to sell their cheat code "DLC", so they limit the player's ability to level up. Demon Fighters becoming Villagers was in the original Gaiden, so they had to include that. Beyond that they have no such obligation.

I don't see why they had to include it just because it was in the original Gaiden. All enemy items being droppable and Judah being immune to attacks until the fourth turn were both in the original game but they modified them in the remake so things would be more balanced. There's no inherent obligation to have Dread Fighters become villagers. I really doubt anyone would complain or care if the option wasn't there (well I doubt many people would complain. You'll always have some people complaining no matter what you do...like me complaining right now that they didn't change it...).

Edited by Jotari

Honestly this was the one thing that I wished they would have removed from the games since it really annoys me how they constantly have 'ready to promote' symbol by their names and it erks me.

11 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I've been thinking for a while that people just like to complain over nothing...

Or lacking that, the absence of nothing.