A tribute to all weak FE units

1 hour ago, fuccboi said:

she comes really late, underlevelled, is vastly outclassed by other mage units, isn't even useable without a shitload of babying, and probably won't even be useful until basically endgame, and won't even have the benefit of high rank staff utility by then.

she's a terrible unit.

Any character u don't get in the first 3 chapters or so has to be babied. If u do it right she'll be fine on her own after 2 chapters thanks to her growths and status as a back line fighter. She's basically designed for endgame, a unit to use fimbulvetr in case erk and pent r out of the picture. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, immatx said:

Any character u don't get in the first 3 chapters or so has to be babied. If u do it right she'll be fine on her own after 2 chapters thanks to her growths and status as a back line fighter. She's basically designed for endgame, a unit to use fimbulvetr in case erk and pent r out of the picture. 

that's not even comparable

and why would erk and pent be out of the picture if they're basically just better in every way than her

1 hour ago, fuccboi said:

that's not even comparable

and why would erk and pent be out of the picture if they're basically just better in every way than her

Idk what ur doing, it works fine for me. If u get the Sonya chapter it's not even that hard. 

Well if they die then u can't use them anymore. And honestly neither of them are that great, they r just acquired earlier. Trained up Nino is much stronger. 

people really put their effort into characters that are only "better" for the last 10% of the game and usually not available before better alternatives too

tbh im a fan of making my late game units into immortal tanks but uh

the sheer amount of resources that takes is incredible and certainly doesnt make a unit "better" just because they have higher end stats

there are too many other factors at play

im mostly here to continue complaining that meg is on op's shit list though

On 30/05/2017 at 11:40 PM, immatx said:

Well it's a big part of it. Along with recruitment chapter and what class they are. That's why Nino isn't considered top tier, because she comes late underleveled, but that doesn't mean she's not useful. 

She might be many things, but she's not usefull. You have to waste time babying her to make her decent and she won't do absolutely anything Pent can't without you needing to feed him a single kill.

22 hours ago, immatx said:

Any character u don't get in the first 3 chapters or so has to be babied. 

You don't need to baby Sain, Kent, Raven, Canas, Fiora, Isadora, Legault, Hawkeye, Geitz, Pent, Louise, Karel, Harken, Jaffar or Vaida.

protip: on fire emblem 7 literally anyone will be good if you baby them to 20/20.

Edited by Nobody

38 minutes ago, Nobody said:

You don't need to baby Sain, Kent, Raven, Canas, Fiora, Isadora, Legault, Hawkeye, Geitz, Pent, Louise, Karel, Harken, Jaffar or Vaida.

protip: on fire emblem 7 literally anyone will be good if you baby them to 20/20.

Sain and Kent u get in chapter 2, raven and canas u do, they just catch up faster. Fiora always has to be babied, legault is a thief, enough said. The rest are all pre promotes. 

Getting someone to 20/20 usually means they're overleveled, so yeah anyone will be good. 

44 minutes ago, Nobody said:

She might be many things, but she's not usefull. You have to waste time babying her to make her decent and she won't do absolutely anything Pent can't without you needing to feed him a single kill.

U have to give every unit u use exp, not really sure what the issue is. And yeah, sure u can use another unit. But no one says sain is useless cause u can use Kent. What if pent and erk r dead? It'd be helpful to have that mage. 

15 minutes ago, fuccboi said:

are there even any bad units going by that reasoning

i mean, what if all your other units are dead. i bet you could use est then huh

There r absolutely bad ones. But that doesn't make them useless. There's a reason Renault is in fe7, it's as a safety measure. But he's worse to penalize the player for being careless with the stronger units. It's actually fantastic game design. Nino is the same way. If u got her earlier she'd be amazing, but u get her so late it's hard to use her effectively. 

11 hours ago, Darros said:

tbh im a fan of making my late game units into immortal tanks but uh

the sheer amount of resources that takes is incredible and certainly doesnt make a unit "better" just because they have higher end stats

there are too many other factors at play

im mostly here to continue complaining that meg is on op's shit list though

Tbh I put Meg in there cause I hear other ppl say that she is trash, I never actually played RD. So go ahead Darros, you have one shot at convincing me to take Meg of my shit list.

27 minutes ago, OrangePerson said:

Tbh I put Meg in there cause I hear other ppl say that she is trash, I never actually played RD. So go ahead Darros, you have one shot at convincing me to take Meg of my shit list.

As a unit she's horrible, an armorkinght who comes underleveled in the team that needs the most babying with very un-armorknight like growths, as a character she's just the punchline to one support in Path of Radiance.  

10 hours ago, immatx said:

Sain and Kent u get in chapter 2, raven and canas u do, they just catch up faster. Fiora always has to be babied, legault is a thief, enough said. The rest are all pre promotes. 

You get sain and kent on chapter 16, the sixth map of HHM, the only mode that matters to these comparisons. Fiora can wreck Bandits/pirates with the axereaver and also mages, she needs no babying. Raven comes with motherfucking 15 speed, and he'll probably have the best combat in the team other than Marcus lol. He absolutely needs no babying, he one shots most stuff with a steel sword. Even being a thief, Legault has decent combat. Canas needs no babying to deal with anima mages. You won't put him to tank a physical units.

and that's why pre promotes are so great lol

Edited by Nobody

1 hour ago, OrangePerson said:

Woo!

Meg really isn't that bad. I won't be arguing that she's a top tier unit (that would be ridiculous in a game where units like Haar exist) but she gets way too much flac for her status and is often compared to Fiona who is downright unusable. Meg's growths are a bit lopsided but 35 str and def are feasible and her bases aren't abysmal. She also joins early enough to be made work of right away. She also has monster speed to avoid getting doubled by hammers, and her res is nuts so magic doesn't pose a threat to her. All that said she's not great, and does take some effort (though not ridiculous levels of effort as people claim) but I certainly wouldn't put her on the lowest tier of characters. Or have her compared to Fiona in any way.

11 minutes ago, OrangePerson said:

You know Darros, that almost convinced me, but then I read Glaceon Mage's point and realized, Meg sucks. The two of you may now start fighting arguing.

you haven't even played the game

are you seriously going to take 1 vague sentence over an actual explanation

I like to train weak units if the gameplay gives them chance to be used.
Fiona and Astrid were fun to use and turned out beastly in FE10 on normal.
However in other games like FE6 where several weapons are nerfed it's incredibly hard to use Wendy because of the shitty accuracy of lances.

36 minutes ago, unique said:

you haven't even played the game

are you seriously going to take 1 vague sentence over an actual explanation

1? More then 1 person say that Meg is trash.

As much as I like Meg, I have to say some important growths being in the 35% range make her rather lackluster. For emphasis, some people diss on Aran when his spd base is okay and his growth in it is 35% as well.  The other complaint is his low resistance but everything else about him is pretty sweet. If you want a speedier Knight than usual Gatrie is calling at your door by Part 3.

Meg would have probably been better joining at an earlier point, in a non-desert map with a higher level than 1. That's pretty much a lot to ask since training her outside of some BEXP favoritism can get tedious.

3 minutes ago, OrangePerson said:

1? More then 1 person say that Meg is trash.

you said you decided this after reading that post

which was in fact, one sentence

people say nino's good but that sure as hell doesn't make her good

Don't know if it's just personal experience (I'm not checking character growths until I beat SoV), but Luthier and Boey appear to be complete garbage to me. Both are incredibly slow, lack some of the good spells their female rivals get, and can't even healbot well given Physic is locked to two units. The only redeeming feature Boey has is decent defense compared to Mae so he can tank a little by spamming Defensive with a Steel Shield; Luthier doesn't even have this. Delthea is a total Est, but somehow she outdoes her brother even at base.

On a more positive note, I pity Hugh. He's a middleman regarding Magic and Speed, with a durability lead compared to Lilina and Lugh, so on paper he is good. But alas, he joins too late, and in the chapter with unlimited buyable Angelic Robes- making his natural durability lead meaningless.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't know if it's just personal experience (I'm not checking character growths until I beat SoV), but Luthier and Boey appear to be complete garbage to me. Both are incredibly slow, lack some of the good spells their female rivals get, and can't even healbot well given Physic is locked to two units. The only redeeming feature Boey has is decent defense compared to Mae so he can tank a little by spamming Defensive with a Steel Shield; Luthier doesn't even have this. Delthea is a total Est, but somehow she outdoes her brother even at base.

On a more positive note, I pity Hugh. He's a middleman regarding Magic and Speed, with a durability lead compared to Lilina and Lugh, so on paper he is good. But alas, he joins too late, and in the chapter with unlimited buyable Angelic Robes- making his natural durability lead meaningless.

While it's understandable if you're not looking at growths, Delthea actually has higher bases than Luthier at a lower level. I don't think she's an Est because there really isn't much of an issue training her with her biggest weakness being her low hp and defense before she can promote.

Although yes, I don't think any male mage beats one of the females unless that male mage is Kliff.