Positive Racism

Tino

One of my teachers talked with us about racism and about how bad it is yesterday. However, he also came up with something called "positive racism". That's supposed to be racism that has a positive effect on those being discriminated.

I personally think this is some big bulls***

What do you people think of it?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe he's reffering to something like: "Asians are good at math." Or "Black people have huge ___s" (you all know what it is.)

Personally, I think racist jokes are fine, so long as they aren't EXTREMELY offensive, or when the intent IS to offend someone.

Well maybe he's reffering to something like: "Asians are good at math." Or "Black people have huge ___s" (you all know what it is.)

Personally, I think racist jokes are fine, so long as they aren't EXTREMELY offensive, or when the intent IS to offend someone.

A time and place for everything.

No, he wasn't talking about jokes or something, he was talking about pure racism, like "black people should not be on this world". He said that in some way such racist comments could be positive.

I can't recall exactly what he said, but he said something like this.

"Sometimes racist comments have a positive effect on those being discriminated, because they might think about changing their culture and behavior to be more like those discriminating."

I definitely disagree with this statement.

"Sometimes racist comments have a positive effect on those being discriminated, because they might think about changing their culture and behavior to be more like those discriminating."

I disgaree with that statement as well. I can't seem any positive outcome from Racism.

Can't people joke about other things :(

That right there is pure racist, and he's trying to cover it up by saying it's positive racism.

People don't need to change their culture to become like another. We tried that in the past, it didn't work, and it made the problems worse.

No offense but your teacher is ignorant, and you should report him to the school.

I wouldn't say that's a "positive" racism effect. That would be more like criticism taken into consideration... assuming that IS criticism and not racism (too bad it's racism)

Racism really has nothing positive.

EDIT: Cynthia beat me to it >_>

Edited by Boo

And he wasn't even joking. He was dead serious.

I am against racist jokes as well.

Wow he was serious...thats not right.

I have been subjected to racism well nearly my whole entire life and so has my family.

People who joke about other races are just sick....they need to get life and find better things to joke about.

Wow he was serious...thats not right.

I have been subjected to racism well nearly my whole entire life and so has my family.

People who joke about other races are just sick....they need to get life and find better things to joke about.

Everyone is subjected to it.

If a black person goes up to a white person and calls them a, "stupid white boy," or a, "cracker," that too is racist. One thing I detest is when black/Asian/Arabic/etc people try to say people are racist against them, and then turn around and act racist towards white people. No one is free of racism.

The only thing I detest more is when someone blames their problems on racism again and again. I can't tell you how many kids in my school give the excuse, "oh she just failed be because I'm black." When in reality it comes from their poor work ethic, as the students rarely turn in the work.

The main problem is that there are many discriminating sides, so which one is right? The answer, I'm sure, is none.

I haven't.

I'm sorry but that's an outright lie.

You can't honestly say you've never noticed someone was different because of their race, or never laughed at a racist joke, or never done something different because someone was a different race. No one is, "pure."

Everyone is subjected to it.

If a black person goes up to a white person and calls them a, "stupid white boy," or a, "cracker," that too is racist. One thing I detest is when black/Asian/Arabic/etc people try to say people are racist against them, and then turn around and act racist towards white people. No one is free of racism.

Agreed.

:o I know everyone is subjected to racism and racism will always exist :( .

I was just saying that I don't like any form of racism.

Agreed.

:o I know everyone is subjected to racism and racism will always exist :( .

I was just saying that I don't like any form of racism.

We've all done racist things though even if we don't hate a specific race. You could love everyone of every race and still have done some racist things without meaning to.