Opinions on LV. 40 Conversations

Arthur97

I haven't read many in English, but the Japanese ones I've actually taken the time to read have been rather endearing. They feel at lot like A-support conversations.

Sharena's makes a lot more sense in Japanese than it does in English. I'm guessing at least some of the ones that just seem weird in English can be blamed on the localization team being weird.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I haven't read many in English, but the Japanese ones I've actually taken the time to read have been rather endearing. They feel at lot like A-support conversations.

Sharena's makes a lot more sense in Japanese than it does in English. I'm guessing at least some of the ones that just seem weird in English can be blamed on the localization team being weird.

So what is Bridelia's Japanese one?

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So what is Bridelia's Japanese one?

Pegasusknight doesn't have it up yet and I haven't leveled mine up yet and I'm too lazy to find a datamine of the Japanese text files.

I think Bride!Cordelia's is actually pretty innocent.  She doesn't seem like she is actually going to marry you, but messing with you.

Then again, I kind of wish they didn't talk directly to me at all.

6 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I think Bride!Cordelia's is actually pretty innocent.  She doesn't seem like she is actually going to marry you, but messing with you.

Then again, I kind of wish they didn't talk directly to me at all.

True, she does tease you in one of her home menu ones where she offers to shoot someone for you...I actually got a kick out of that.

I like it, for the most part. Some are good, some are pretty awk, and some are bad, but it's still fun. Of the last 3 I had, I thought Faye's was good (she matured such that she's not always thinking about Alm), Hinoka's was awkward, and Clair's was kind of bad (she's basically saying the equivalent of, "I like you, but not like that, my heart is for Alm! Oops, why did I just say that?").

8 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

What a prick. Remind me, if I pick the girl in Fates, do I get him or the clumsy one?

Both Jakob and Felicia will eventually join you regardless, but Jakob joins you sooner if you make Corrin a girl (and Felicia if Corrin is male). Jakob's more likeable in the game, so I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the things characters say in Heroes, in terms of whether you would want to try Fates or not.

It would be a nice touch if after you unlocked a conversation it were saved somewhere so you could reread it.  Especially since they don't repeat even if you level the same character up to 40 again.

Edited by pumpkinspice48

6 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

It would be a nice touch if after you unlocked a conversation it were saved somewhere so you could reread it.  Especially since they don't repeat even if you level the same character up to 40 again.

Due to pretty much this I forget lvl 40 conversations exist half the time. It always takes me by surprise when I'm yanked into a conversation out of nowhere when all I wanted to do was check the quests I had left.

Edited by Raguna

20 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Especially since the summon movies (which they should really bring back) save.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Especially since the summon movies (which they should really bring back) save.

The reason they haven't added more summon movies was because they take up a lot of space and inflate download sizes.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

The reason they haven't added more summon movies was because they take up a lot of space and inflate download sizes.

Ah, yes, that makes sense. Still like the four I got.

3 hours ago, Astellius said:

Both Jakob and Felicia will eventually join you regardless, but Jakob joins you sooner if you make Corrin a girl (and Felicia if Corrin is male). Jakob's more likeable in the game, so I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the things characters say in Heroes, in terms of whether you would want to try Fates or not.

To be quite honest, my choice for Awakening vs Birthright was which team had the better all-pegasus potential. Awakening sounds more fun anyway.

Most of the non-Effie ones have been generic, but I actually did feel kinda fuzzy when I got Sharena up. My Nino still needs to be promoted, so I haven't read hers yet.

Bridelia is probably my least favorite as it seems a little too...not Cordelia. Otherwise they are mostly fine I guess, but modern culture has conditioned me to question almost everything. I also think too much.

I've gotten two, (I've glanced at others while on the wiki, but I'll just ignore that for now) Shanna and Seliph.

I enjoyed Shanna's, hers was basically just wanting to be herself, even if that meant she came off as immature, while Seliph's was alright I suppose, he calls himself a coward, but points out that he'll still keep fighting as long as he has to, basically him being himself.

I haven't seen the "Really" bad ones, so I'll keep my eye out for those.

On 5/31/2017 at 5:59 PM, pumpkinspice48 said:

Absolutely. It would be nice to be able to reread them if I feel like it.

Just got to Camus's, I'd say I like ones like his where they just state that they consider you an ally or friend over ones where they start loving you or something. Feels like the latter gets forced on you.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 0:59 AM, Gustavos said:

Serra's is brilliant. None of her dialogue from 7 compares to that conversation. 

I'm sitting on 20K feathers, and you're making it SO tempting to spend them on Serra...