Official Website up

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They did skip on TMS, another FE crossover. But that is probably different due to TMS being fairly niche, while Hyrule Warriors's good sales would probably persuade them to consider a dub. Though FE being only a "silver" Nintendo franchise (gold being the Mario-Zelda-Pokemon trinity) even with Awakening's success, means I don't expect it sell as much as HW, and that is why I leave a little room for doubt.

They are trying to push it pretty hard though. That alone may cause them to insist on a dub.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

That's what happened with Blazblue, which had an English dub in every game until Arc Systems went against it for the last game just to save time and get the game out faster. Stuff like that has made me a bit paranoid these days

The translation was also awful, with awkward wording and way too man ellipses (somebody counted 149 in ten minutes). That was an utter rush job.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They did skip on TMS, another FE crossover. But that is probably different due to TMS being fairly niche, while Hyrule Warriors's good sales would probably persuade them to consider a dub. Though FE being only a "silver" Nintendo franchise (gold being the Mario-Zelda-Pokemon trinity) even with Awakening's success, means I don't expect it sell as much as HW, and that is why I leave a little room for doubt.

I've seen plenty of people only passingly familiar with the FE series say "I enjoyed HW, so this looks interesting". Couple that with a stronger Japanese brand, and I easily see this doing about Hyrule Warriors level sales.

Edited by The DanMan

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TMS required a large cast of actors who can sing. The situations aren't remotely comparable. 

6 hours ago, Hardin said:

TMS required a large cast of actors who can sing. The situations aren't remotely comparable. 

I wouldn't say it was a requirement though.

A couple years ago, Atlus published a strategy RPG named Stella Glow which had English voice acting and Japanese singing.

They could have easily kept the singing the same and gave players options for English or Japanese dubbed dialogue.

27 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

A couple years ago, Atlus published a strategy RPG named Stella Glow which had English voice acting and Japanese singing.

They could have easily kept the singing the same and gave players options for English or Japanese dubbed dialogue.

Then you'd have the complaint that they "were lazy" for not dubbing the songs as well and with this being a niche title, not worth the effort. Most of that "effort" went on to other areas of the game...

22 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Sam and Eden Riegel. Calling it now.

I'm legit going to be angry if they don't pull that off. Both have experience with FE, and they'll probably be in the cast anyway. It would be the perfect treat for VA memes.

5 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

That would be incredibly sloppy. Like leaving Lost in Thoughts All Alone or Heiritors of Arcadia in Japanese. 

On 6/2/2017 at 3:14 PM, Sentinel07 said:

Considering FE's past of translating songs like that, I cant exactly see them pulling that. To begin with most of the songs that would be used are already dubbed over if needed. Most of Warriors music is going to be the original and probably remixes of already existing Fire Emblem music. I dont see them throwing around too many original songs for this game, most of what fans are going to want are the songs they have grown to know and love, along with some good remixes. Not much reason for some new music outside of a few for their story.

Edited by Tolvir

15 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Considering FE's past of translating songs like that, I cant exactly see them pulling that. To begin with most of the songs that would be used are already dubbed over if needed. Most of Warriors music is going to be the original and probably remixes of already existing Fire Emblem music. I dont see them throwing around too many original songs for this game, most of what fans are going to want are the songs they have grown to know and love, along with some good remixes. Not much reason for some new music outside of a few for their story.

Or they can just record it in Latin and be done with it.

44 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I dont see them throwing around too many original songs for this game, most of what fans are going to want are the songs they have grown to know and love, along with some good remixes. Not much reason for some new music outside of a few for their story.

Hyrule Warriors is like this. Lots of rockin' old stuff, but with a noticeable quantity of new stuff too, a bit more than your idea of FE Warriors will have would suggest. The Skyloft remix is killer, and the Hyrule Fields/Legend of Zelda Theme rendition is as quintessentially heroic as always. But don't diss the new stuff completely, Eclipse of the Moon and Silent Guardians (both battlefield pieces) are incredible as well.

Given we'll be mostly if not entirely be getting characters from Awakening of the Fateful Mystery Shadow Emblem, I'm imagining we'll be getting mostly remixes from these games, with every other composition, no matter how loved, left out unless included by a miracle (cry now Versus Arvis lovers). Still, I'm hoping they could do a medley or two of battle themes (they'd be too short to be remixed by themselves, save for certain circumstances- like the sudden appearance of Dark Emperor Hardin on the battlefield). Trouble! from Shadow Dragon would be amazing though. And I'd wager we'll be getting an Id (Electric Guitar). Depending on her role in things, maybe a The Little Divine Dragon (Tiki's Theme) version. And lastly, perhaps they will find a way to put Come, Join Us/Together We Ride in.

And don't forget the Fire Emblem Theme! Expect several variations of that!

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Or they can just record it in Latin and be done with it.

Pretty much, which is what Final Fantasy does most of the time.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hyrule Warriors is like this. Lots of rockin' old stuff, but with a noticeable quantity of new stuff too, a bit more than your idea of FE Warriors will have would suggest. The Skyloft remix is killer, and the Hyrule Fields/Legend of Zelda Theme rendition is as quintessentially heroic as always. But don't diss the new stuff completely, Eclipse of the Moon and Silent Guardians (both battlefield pieces) are incredible as well.

Given we'll be mostly if not entirely be getting characters from Awakening of the Fateful Mystery Shadow Emblem, I'm imagining we'll be getting mostly remixes from these games, with every other composition, no matter how loved, left out unless included by a miracle (cry now Versus Arvis lovers). Still, I'm hoping they could do a medley or two of battle themes (they'd be too short to be remixed by themselves, save for certain circumstances- like the sudden appearance of Dark Emperor Hardin on the battlefield). Trouble! from Shadow Dragon would be amazing though. And I'd wager we'll be getting an Id (Electric Guitar). Depending on her role in things, maybe a The Little Divine Dragon (Tiki's Theme) version. And lastly, perhaps they will find a way to put Come, Join Us/Together We Ride in.

And don't forget the Fire Emblem Theme! Expect several variations of that!

Im not dogging their music, just saying that I dont see why whatever they release wouldnt have an english dub, since most of the vocal songs they might use are already made. Im sure the new stuff they make will be fine.