Tempest Torture

Arthur97

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I'd say it's more than a little. Did no one know who she really was? It seems like before Grima came back that people still would have heard about Lucina's birth since she was the crown princess. If it was a morale booster, then I guess it just shows how dedicated to the cause she was (since she never wears anything like that when dressed casually...on the rare instance she is shown casually).

Relative to the other timelines, we don't know that many specific details about Lucina's future.  We know, for example, that some of the gemstones were lost, that Lissa calmed down and acted more like Emmeryn before Lissa was killed, that Cordelia and Severa had a fight immediately before the battle that killed Cordelia, that Cynthia became a tomboy because her mother died, and that Ylisstol fell to the risen sometime before the time travel happened.  All of these are relatively minor things, and are usually character based. 

We don't know how large the army was before the kids escaped, how many battles were fought, how much time passed between the fall of Ylisstol and when the time travel happened, or how the resistance army was organized.  It is entirely possible, given the apparent futility of fighting against the Risen, that Lucina might feel her own leadership is lacking, and to pretend to be the Hero King summoned forth to aid the cause as a way to bolster morale.  In that case, it's basically the same as Owain's chuuni playacting.

In this scenario, there would likely be some people who knew who 'Marth' actually was (Gerome would know, for example, since that's his mask), but they wouldn't say anything about it, especially if it was working.  If the army was actually large enough, there would likely be people that know the female Ylissean Exalt is part of the command, but who wouldn't actually recognize her on sight, and wouldn't associate the male 'Marth' with a female Exalt.

Granted, this is all obviously guesswork, since we don't actually know what happened in Lucina's future.  It seems plausible though (at least to me). Edit:  Of course, Heroes could answer this, but we won't know that until we know the hero quotes.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking it up, it seems like that's the case.  Of course, given the gag nature of the comic, it's questionable how much it's actually considered canon.  But since I didn't know about the comic, you can probably disregard everything I said (unless they retcon it).

Regarding masked Marth, what do you think her stat spread will be like? She's already confirmed to be a Falchion user, and is thus in direct competition with 4 other units.

I'm thinking something along the lines of high Res to differentiate (since the other 4 falchions have low Res), high speed but the lowest Atk out of the 5.

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Regarding masked Marth, what do you think her stat spread will be like? She's already confirmed to be a Falchion user, and is thus in direct competition with 4 other units.

I'm thinking something along the lines of high Res to differentiate (since the other 4 falchions have low Res), high speed but the lowest Atk out of the 5.

Lucina's two forms so far might give us some direction. Regular Lucina has 43/34/36/25/19 stats, while Spring Lucina has 34/29/36/22/25. So she gets a lot more Res in exchange for much less HP and Atk, but still not fantastic Res. (Barely better than Marth and Alm.) So giving Masked Marth especially high Res might seem a bit odd based on that precedent, but it does give some precedent for her sacrificing Atk for Res.

7 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Just as Alm was basically the halfway point between Marth and Chrom, I expect Masked Marth to be halfway between Marth and Lucina.

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm just happy that I finally get a Marth. I have Lucina, Chrom and Alm, but I'm missing the OG from the Falchion quartet. My life will be complete.

You, uh, know this just Lucina right?

I'm conflicted about what abbreviated way to refer to her. Like, m!Marth is the simplest abbreviation for "Masked Marth", but it seems weird compared to "m!" being used to specify "male Robin" and "male Corrin". I guess "l!Marth" could work for "Lucina Marth", but it doesn't sound as good. Of course, if we get enough different types of character variants, there won't be enough letters to use different ones for each different type of variation anyway.

31 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Exactly, Girl Marth.

If you're going to make jokes, come up with some new material at least. I've heard more than enough flat and Marth jokes.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm conflicted about what abbreviated way to refer to her. Like, m!Marth is the simplest abbreviation for "Masked Marth", but it seems weird compared to "m!" being used to specify "male Robin" and "male Corrin". I guess "l!Marth" could work for "Lucina Marth", but it doesn't sound as good. Of course, if we get enough different types of character variants, there won't be enough letters to use different ones for each different type of variation anyway.

Just call her "Marth." It seems to be what most people do.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Just call her "Marth." It seems to be what most people do.

Well, she's Marth, but she's not to be confused with Marth Marth. Like how Spring Camilla is a Camilla, but not Camilla Camilla, so she gets called Spring Camilla or s!Camilla or whatever to differentiate them.

Just now, Othin said:

Well, she's Marth, but she's not to be confused with Marth Marth. Like how Spring Camilla is a Camilla, but not Camilla Camilla, so she gets called Spring Camilla or s!Camilla or whatever to differentiate them.

It's...a bit different from Camilla. That's what the quotation marks are for though. Most of us should know what you're talking about.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

It's...a bit different from Camilla. That's what the quotation marks are for though. Most of us should know what you're talking about.

Oh, the quotation marks are part of it. That does sound good.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

"Girl Marth". Or "G!Marth" if you prefer that notation. Or just "!Marth" for the programmers out there (that's read "not Marth" for the non-programmers out there or "bang Marth").

In all seriousness, though, "F!Marth" technically works, but I'll just stick to writing it out as "Masked Marth" because abbreviations are for squares.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

but I'll just stick to writing it out as "Masked Marth" because abbreviations are for squares.

This so much.

7 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I already refer to normal Lucina as girl marth, so that's no good.

You could also refer to normal Lucina as normal Lucina. Just sayin’.