Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

4 hours ago, Thane said:

Give me Ice/Bug and Dark/Electric, babeh.

But what about that sexy grass/fire :D It would be awesome to see. I want a tree that is on fire. Because it would look cool.

Edited by SlayerX

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little over a month back, when UB Burst and Assembly were revealed, I had a very odd set of speculations about more version exclusives - I'm copy-pasting directly from a thread I made on my twitter account, so uh, excuse me for weird formatting/wording.

• I never pay attention like this to the first letter of Pokémon's names but. weird thread I guess about ultra beasts
  • So we got exclusives in the original SUMO. Absorption (Sun) and Beauty (Moon). And Blade (Sun) and Blaster (Moon).
  • There's a pair that's got A/B in their names, and another that's got B/B in their names.
  • Now we got news yesterday on more UBs. Except the A/B pattern's switched - Burst (Sun) and Assembly (Moon).
  • I feel like their names were probably chosen VERY deliberately. We've got A/B, B/B, and B/A now. But maybe there will be another set of-
  • Ultra beasts whose code names both start with "A"? I may be thinking too far into this, but whatever, my predictions are out there now.

TL;DR I'm predicting another set of version exclusive Ultra Beasts whose code names both start with A. Hopefully they have unique type combos.

14 minutes ago, Renkindle said:

TL;DR I'm predicting another set of version exclusive Ultra Beasts whose code names both start with A. Hopefully they have unique type combos.

Any sort of naming trend is coincidental because some of those have different Japanese names. Absorption is "Expansion", Blade is "Slash", and Assembly is "Lay".

6 hours ago, Renkindle said:

Ah, dang... Wonder if the naming convention (if there really is one) is just in English and done by the localization team?

I think you might be pushing too hard now lol. Even if the pattern did happen, it might not necessarily be because they thought of it. Could just be accidental.

52 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

I think you might be pushing too hard now lol. Even if the pattern did happen, it might not necessarily be because they thought of it. Could just be accidental.

Hah, yeah, I probably am, it's just something I'd noticed back then.

On another note, was anyone else wishing that UB Burst had wound up Fire/Fairy instead of Fire/Ghost? It would've been neat to see a unique type combo.

2 minutes ago, Renkindle said:

Hah, yeah, I probably am, it's just something I'd noticed back then.

On another note, was anyone else wishing that UB Burst had wound up Fire/Fairy instead of Fire/Ghost? It would've been neat to see a unique type combo.

Unique type combos is something that would have been great for the UB's. I mean they are already meant to be super weird organism/pokemon, unique typings would add to it. 

2 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Unique type combos is something that would have been great for the UB's. I mean they are already meant to be super weird organism/pokemon, unique typings would add to it. 

To be fair, the UBs besides Xerkitree and Adhesion all have uncommon type combinations.

• Nihilego is Rock/Poison, which is currently unique
  • Buzzwole and Pheromosa are Bug/Fighting, previously unique to Heracross
  • Celesteela is Steel/Flying, previously unique to Skarmory
  • Kartana is Grass/Steel, previously unique to Ferroseed and Ferrothorn
  • Guzzlord is Dark/Dragon, previously unique to the Deino line
  • Burst is Fire/Ghost, previously unique to the Litwick line
  • Assembly is Rock/Steel, which is shared with the Aron line, Shieldon line, and Probopass

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

To be fair, the UBs besides Xerkitree and Adhesion all have uncommon type combinations.

• Burst is Fire/Ghost, previously unique to the Litwick line

And Alolan Marowak.

On 2017-10-30 at 2:32 AM, Lightchao42 said:
  • Assembly is Rock/Steel, which is shared with the Aron line, Shieldon line, and Probopass

This is the strangest one to me; it could've been so many things but it got a type combination Gamefreak knows isn't particularly strong, I'd wager, hence why they made Mega Aggron pure Steel. Unless Assembly's got an insane moveset or other surprises available, it'll probably join Guzzlord as the least viable Ultra Beast.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

This is the strangest one to me; it could've been so many things but it got a type combination Gamefreak knows isn't particularly strong, I'd wager, hence why they made Mega Aggron pure Steel. Unless Assembly's got an insane moveset or other surprises available, it'll probably join Guzzlord as the least viable Ultra Beast.

Aggron wasn't retyped because R/S is a weak typing though. Its retyped because they want to turn Aggron into defensive pokemon but Rock isn't really a defensive type

Before Aggron got its Mega, its usage is strictly offensive. I think the closest any Rock had to being a defensive pokemon in modern era is when they are used as a utility "set up rocks" mon

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Aggron wasn't retyped because R/S is a weak typing though. Its retyped because they want to turn Aggron into defensive pokemon but Rock isn't really a defensive type

And everything we've seen of Assembly seems to indicate it's supposed to be a defensive Pokémon. That's tough when you're four times weak to Fighting and Ground.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

And everything we've seen of Assembly seems to indicate it's supposed to be a defensive Pokémon. That's tough when you're four times weak to Fighting and Ground.

The real problem is the Rock typing lol

That typing didn't work as defensive typing the same way Ice doesn't

Honestly 4x weakness to F/G is actually kinda irrelevant. If your 2x weak you died anyway

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The real problem is the Rock typing lol

That typing didn't work as defensive typing the same way Ice doesn't

Honestly 4x weakness to F/G is actually kinda irrelevant. If your 2x weak you died anyway

I think it could've had a solid chance of being a wall with the Ghost/Rock typing. 

We're supposed to get news today, right? Maybe we'll get some more Ultra Beast news. I sure hope so, and I hope they'll give us some freaky typings the Ultra Beasts haven't had yet. 

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

I think it could've had a solid chance of being a wall with the Ghost/Rock typing. 

We're supposed to get news today, right? Maybe we'll get some more Ultra Beast news. I sure hope so, and I hope they'll give us some freaky typings the Ultra Beasts haven't had yet. 

Rock Ghost kinda doesn't work. Ghost is actually a pretty bad typing overall for defensive outside giving W-o-W because it baits Knock Off and its one of few moves you don't really want to bait

The main problem with the typing(Rock defensive) without knowing any extra detail is really it loses to Landorus Therian. Rock offense losing to Landorus Therian is already bad by itself, but the issue is bigger on defensive because it had more lee way at using Stealth Rocks then whatever it want to do

Okay, this is really really interesting! 

And the evil leaders have their old designs as well! This is like PWT but instead of gym leaders we have Evil Team leaders!

Also, it seems that you battle Team Rocket and Giovanni on Lusamine’s mansion, what could it mean? And Giovanni has Mewtwo of all things! Does that mean Archie and Maxie will use Kyogre and Groudon?

Edited by Water Mage

There’s the japanse trailer as well! It show even more!

The return of the evil teams is part of the story! And look at Guzma fighting against Team Rocket grunts!

Edited by Water Mage

12 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

The return of the evil teams is part of the story! And look at Guzma fighting against Team Rocket grunts!

lyJ5h69.jpg

"Hold the fuck up"

How and why?

Edited by Thane

1 minute ago, Thane said:

lyJ5h69.jpg

"Hold the fuck up"

How and why?

Maybe some sort of Ultra Space shenanigans? I mean, if you look at the trailer there’s a part where Ghetsis is holding Lillie hostage and like I said before, Guzma fighting some Team Rocket. And I seems that Team invade the regular Aether Paradise as well. Plus it looks like Team Rocket took over the Festival Plaza as well, considering that scene with Sophocles. And it looks like the game expect you to use legendaries against them, and since Giovanni is using Mega Mewtwo Y in battle, maybe the other Team Leader will use legendary Pokemon as well, like Archie and Maxie will use Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon in your battle against them.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Maybe some sort of Ultra Space shenanigans? I mean, if you look at the trailer there’s a part where Ghetsis is holding Lillie hostage and like I said before, Guzma fighting some Team Rocket. And I seems that Team invade the regular Aether Paradise as well. Plus it looks like Team Rocket took over the Festival Plaza as well, considering that scene with Sophocles. And it looks like the game expect you to use legendaries against them, and since Giovanni is using Mega Mewtwo Y in battle, maybe the other Team Leader will use legendary Pokemon as well, like Archie and Maxie will use Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon in your battle against them.

I'd prefer it as a post-game campaign, personally, especially if you've got to bring legendaries into the mix, but who knows. I feel like this might get a tad too cluttered and not end up leading anywhere, or stray too far from what I personally consider interesting, but who knows, it might work out splendidly.