Quality of Pegasi

So, um... this was a thing.

Faye and Clair were barely even taking damage from the archers. I was more worried about Gray facetaking those four cavaliers on one turn!

Are pegasi this good normally? Or is this my trademark luck with them? I seem to recall pegasi being good when I saw Gaiden that one time, but I also heard falcoknights took a nerf...

Palla, Catria and Clair all performed really solid to me, also, Pegasi don't take effective damage from archers early game, because early game enemy archers havent learned anti-fliers yet, but most mid/late-game archers do effective damage to them, so be wary of that, they're still pretty amazing though, at least in my eyes

Edited by athena_57
Claire->Clair

Effectiveness damage from Anti-Flier, which Archers only have when equipped with a Bow beyond the basic one (Which is all Archers past Parts 1 & 2 iirc) is only x2 (I believe. I would double check, but I can't right now). And even then, it's the might of the weapon, not the damage, so when Iron Bows only increase damage by 2, the effectiveness bonus only gives a +2 to damage, which isn't much.

Archers don't pose as much of a threat to Pegs as in previous games, but they do still do some extra damage that can be consider threatening. All of the Pegs (Aside from maybe Peg!Faye) still have pretty low defense normally, so the damage taken normally is still pretty large.

Pegs on Alm's side are only 2 at the most (outside of the Pitchfork), and the amount of high-defense units cause the ones that are there to suffer. They have their uses, but aren't generally amazing.

On Celica's side, the Pegs are absolutely essential, as once promoted, they deal and extra 10 damage to Terrors, and since the amount of them is so high, they come in handy. They're not invincible by any means, but they're very essential.

Edited by Emerson

If you're playing on Normal, those archers probably didn't have an equipped Bow, which is necessary for effective damage against fliers. On Hard, equipped Bows are basically on every single archer, so it doesn't go as well, but Pegs are still mad good, especially with access to Ridersbane and Blessed Lance, and later Banish as Falcon Knights.

Back in Gaiden, the Falcon Knight's Banish skill was effective damage against all Terrors, but it's been nerfed to a flat 10 damage bonus in Echoes. It's still pretty much enough to trivialize most Terrors you'll encounter on Celica side with the Blessed Lance, though.

Clair wrecks house with the Ridersbane, and you get enough gold on Alm's side to forge her a shiny Gradivus too. She is amazing.

This is how I always make her the MVP.

In general Pegaus Knights are great (second best class after magic users), not only because of their mobility, also because archers actually suck against them. First, they don't do effective damage early on, and second their hitrate is abysmal for making bows pretty inaccurate.

Edited by アリサ ラインフォルト