What remaining characters will be added?

Thany

3 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

I don't see why not those three. I get how Elise is a tome user and Hinoka a Pegasus, and there's likely going to be Robin, Tharja, Leo, and Merric/Linde and Cordelia and Caeda, but Sakura is like one of the only archers they could add. Elise is also mounted which sets her apart (though not from Leo, whoops) and she and Sakura have staves. Hinoka, well, you got me there. Maybe put her on a Kinshi? Either way, I just hope that they don't go with just Xander, Camilla, Leo, Ryoma, and Takumi because that unbalance between the kingdoms would trigger me forever.

The little sisters just seem a bit...redundant, especially with Lissa. Granted, we don't know how healers will work, so it may be best to wait and see. As for balance, they could add a Hoshidian from elsewhere. Probably Kagero for obvious reasons.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The little sisters just seem a bit...redundant, especially with Lissa. Granted, we don't know how healers will work, so it may be best to wait and see. As for balance, they could add a Hoshidian from elsewhere. Probably Kagero for obvious reasons.

Hmm, may I ask why Kagero and not Kaze? Kaze is a character we get regardless of route and seems to be more popular than Kagero.

12 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Or ヽRGaYS2c.png

Though really, it'll be interesting to see how they'll handle the Fates sisters.  I personally think Camilla's the only surefire addition, due to... "assets" and the fact that the only other iconic wyvern rider is Minerva.  I don't think they'll make the balance between Hoshidans and Nohrians off-kilter, though, so for every Nohrian, we're getting a Hoshidan.  Doing all the royals is an easy way to ensure this balance, but at the same time that leaves little room for characters who offer something unique to the roster like Kaze or 'Boro.

1 minute ago, Pokechu said:

Hmm, may I ask why Kagero and not Kaze? Kaze is a character we get regardless of route and seems to be more popular than Kagero.

Probably more focusing on design than actual popularity.

9 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

You know these are the same people who make Dead or Alive, right?

Just now, Arthur97 said:

You know these are the same people who make Dead or Alive, right?

Oh. Judging from a Google search, it's a game with a lot of fanservice, right? And Kagero, due to her "assets", would make sense then.

Didn't Koei Tecmo say they wanted to include some of their favorites, but they couldn't because IS had a list of characters they wanted though? In that case, I only really see them putting in Tharja for "assets" and characters like Cordelia for popularity. I don't think IS would allow too many "asset" girls :lol:

7 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

Oh. Judging from a Google search, it's a game with a lot of fanservice, right? And Kagero, due to her "assets", would make sense then.

Didn't Koei Tecmo say they wanted to include some of their favorites, but they couldn't because IS had a list of characters they wanted though? In that case, I only really see them putting in Tharja for "assets" and characters like Cordelia for popularity. I don't think IS would allow too many "asset" girls :lol:

Intelligent Systems isn't exactly innocent either. I could definitely see Kagero getting in over Kaze. Of course Gaius is the prime candidate for that type of character, but he isn't actually a ninja, so I don't see why they can't do both.

As for the "list" as far as I know, IS made some adjustments, but we don't know how extensive they were.

3 hours ago, Pokechu said:

There's plenty of other guarantees that can fit the "assets" void, like Camilla, Aversa, Hinoka (The legs don't lie), Azura etc.

I don't see why they'd bother adding what is one of the more irrelevant characters in the game over Flame Shuriken Saizo and 'Always relevant for reasons, I guess' Kaze.

Also, you gotta get that manservice in. Improper balance of the fanservice leads to unhappy campers.

A few of my ideas:

Infantry Lancers: Oboro, Azura, or Donnel. Oboro is a popular Hoshidan Character who can use naginatas (I'd give her the Waterwheel if she is put in the game, or give her tomes to represent the Basara class). Azura is a popular character with plot relevance and Water-Bending. Donnel is the only infantry lance user in the 2 games confirmed to be in Warriors that isn't Fates (I think. I never played Archanea games), and is also a meme character shown to be popular enough to be mentioned in an interview.

Infantry Bowmen: Jeorge, Takumi, or Virion. Virion is the early-game archer in Awakening, and was one of the few characters to show up in Tokyo Mirage Sessions (I'd give him the Astra bow from Awakening or the Luna bow from Echoes to make him more unique). Takumi is extremely popular, has plot relevance in both Birthright and Conquest. Also wields the legendary weapon Fuujin Yumi. Jeorge: wields Parthia. Like I mentioned before I never played the Archanea games, so I can't offer many reasons for characters from those games.

Infantry Axemen: Basilio, Arthur, Laslow or Rinkah. Basilio has plot relevance. Arthur can be a Joke character like Agitha and Tingle were in Hyrule Warriors. Laslow becomes a Hero (In the Future Past, Birthright, and Heirs of Fate), and if Frederick can become an Axe-user, so can Laslow, as this will prevent even more Swordsmen from joining the roster. He could also get Inigo as an alt costume.  Rinkah has Fire-Bending, and since she is the Daughter of the Chieftain of the Fire Tribe, she is technically a royal.

Infantry Dagger-Users: Gaius, Felicia/Jakob, or Kaze. Gaius is one of the most popular Awakening characters, and has the advantage of being able to have Asugi as an alt costume. Felicia is shown in her supports to be a surprisingly competent fighter, has Ice-Bending, has Meido Fanservice, clumsy behavior fitting for a Joke Character, and is one of Corrin's servants (though since F!Corrin is the one being used, Jakob has a chance as well). Kaze has popularity, is one of Corrin's retainers, and has relative plot relevance.

Flying Lancers: Cordelia, Hinoka, or Caeda. Cordelia is one of the most popular Awakening characters, and has the advantage of being able to have Caeldori as an alt costume. Hinoka is a royal with surprisingly little plot relevance. Caeda is Marth's wife and has the Wing Spear.

Flying Axemen: Minerva, or Camilla. Minerva has Hauteclere. Camilla has Fanservice, plot relevance, popularity, and a potentially unique playstyle, since she can use tomes.

Unique Niches: Fuga, Reina or Yukimura. Reina has a unique niche in being the only one with the ability to use bows, and is the only Kinshi Rider. Yukimura is a Mechanist, so he could do some crazy stuff with those puppets of his. Fuga can use the entire Weapon Triangle as a Master of Arms and has Air-Bending.

Mounted Lancers: Abel, Sully, Jagen/Gunter, or Camus/Zeke/Sirius. I don't think I need to elaborate on this one or the next.

Mounted Swordsmen: Cain, Stahl, or Gunter/Jeigan.  If Jagen is a Lancer, Gunter is a Swordsman and vice-versa. They'll complete the Weapon Triangle of Jagens with Frederick, who is an Axeman.

Mounted Bowmen: Gregor, Selena. Gregor can promote into one and Selena is the only playable character (Of the games that have been confirmed to be represented in Warriors) who is canonically shown to be a Bow Knight (In Birthright). Selena could also have Severa as an alt costume

Armors: Draug, Benny, or Kellam. Draug has been in Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and he can use a lot of weapons (some games he wields swords, some he wields lances, in at least one he uses bows, and in TMS he wields axes). Benny could have him call bears to his aid. Kellam could be a secret character who won't even show up in trailers, boxart, or even the menu.

Infantry Swordsmen: Lon'qu/Navarre, Kris, or Say'ri. Lon'qu and Navarre both show up in Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and are part of the same archetype. Kris is the first avatar. Say'ri has relative plot relevance, and could end up wielding her brother's Amatsu.

Infantry Mages: Merric, Linde, Tharja, or Odin: Merric and Linde can wield Excalibur, and Aura respectively. Tharja has fanservice, popularity, and could get Rhajat as an alt costume. Odin has fanservice, popularity, could get Owain as an alt costume, and, given how extravagant he is and how they could add some swordsmanship in his fighting style, they could get really creative with his moveset.

Mounted Mages: Leo: he has royalty, a Legendary weapon, and popularity.

Dragons: Xane, Bantu, and Lilith: Shapeshifting could be fun as a moveset. I'm not sure what Lilith's moveset could be like but given how she's Anankos daughter, there's some potential there.

Reclassed Healers: Priestess!Sakura, Strategist!Elise, Bishop!Maria, or Hero!Wrys (A humble curate): The two remaining royals, and two archanean characters. Promotional material usually shows Sakura as a Priestess, and Elise as a Strategist. Maria could wield Light Magic. Wrys as a hero is because I really like his quote in FE Cipher: "I am Wrys, a hero. I might have time for healing...if I'm not giving my enemies a proper burial".

Antagonists: Gharnef, Aversa, Walhart, or Garon: Gharnef is the original antagonist, and has an unique tome. Aversa is a Dark Flier with Shadowgift, so her moveset could be fun. The cutscenes in FE Awakening treat Walhart as if he was a character in a Warriors game. Garon could wield Bölverk, he can use magic (shown in literally one cutscene and never mentioned again, not even in gameplay), and there's also potential for his Blight Dragon and Empty Vessel forms to show up in his moveset.

DLC: Ike, Hector, Lyn, Roy(Give him an Eliwood costume to complete the trio), Anna, Emma, Shade, Yuzu, Randal, Sigurd, Micaiah, Ephraim, Eirika, Alm, Celica.

No chance in hell of showing up: Kiran: Could have a moveset similar to Cia's, in which he could summon other heroes to attack for him.

I'm aware that most of these won't be showing up in the game.

Being a man of many changing thoughts, here's my brand new, minimalistic, thoughts on who will be added:

Shadow Dragon- Caeda, Jagen, Draug (they'll be part of Marth's starting force), Minerva, Jeorge, Tiki, and Linde (or Merric, but I can only see one of them getting in). Camus, Michalis and Gharnef will be bosses that'll be playable through DLC or something. 

Awakening- Tharja, Gaius, Cordelia, Donnel, and Nowi (Virion and Basilio have a chance, but I can't see it happening right now). Gangrel, Walhart, and Validar will be in the same boat as the other bosses.

Fates- Camilla, Leo, Takumi, Azura, Jakob, Felicia, Charlotte, Oboro, and Effie (though I do think all the retainers will get in as NPCs at least, with Odin/Selena/Laslow and Niles having good chances of being DLC, imo). Garon will also be in the boss boat.

Other- I suspect 2-3 more Original characters to be playable (Darios, a boss or two). Expect Amiibo units (Alm, Celica, Roy, Ike, M!Corrin) to be playable early through swiping the Amiibos, but will be added in a free update or something a couple weeks after release. Besides that, we could see anywhere from 2 to 10 more characters added after the fact, but keep expectations low.

Outside DLC, that would put the cast at 34 characters, which is pretty close to what I originally suspected to be the roster size.