Anna not playable?

Torii

The next batch of information about new characters is still a secret, but a variety of heroes are set to join the battle in the future. Some series characters will still appear in the game but may not be playable.

What do you guys think about this? I'm taking it as Anna is not going to be playable and will instead just be the voiceover for missions and other things.

Edited by Torii

6 minutes ago, Torii said:

What do you guys think about this? I'm taking it as Anna is not going to be playable and will instead just be the voiceover for missions and other things.

I'm betting that this game will only have one Anna, and she would play a support role, like the Operators in DWG.

I'm willing to be that this means there will be characters in base game that you can't play as until later.

Maybe the amiibo will unlock these characters early?

Until we get more concrete details, we can't rule out the possibility of Anna's appearance as a playable character just yet.

And if she isn't, we know she'll be DLC for the sake of an extremely fitting joke.

Rereading the post, is it possible that the "next batch of information is still secret" line is a cheeky poke at people who saw the leaks, meaning that we didn't see spoilers for everything they had to show?

4 minutes ago, DaloDask said:

I'm willing to be that this means there will be characters in base game that you can't play as until later.

I hope you're right, but if DWG and Berserk are anything to go off of, we'll have tons of NPCs, and many of them could possibly be people's favorites.

I mean, even in the most recent DWG game, pilots like Fa Yuiry, the Black Tri-Stars, and Johnny Ridden were still NPCs (admittedly, DWG4 did make a handful of NPCs from the 1st game playable).

49 minutes ago, DaloDask said:

Maybe the amiibo will unlock these characters early?

Until we get more concrete details, we can't rule out the possibility of Anna's appearance as a playable character just yet.

And if she isn't, we know she'll be DLC for the sake of an extremely fitting joke.

They better not lock characters behind that trash.

Hm... given that, there might be more information beyond just M!Robin, Lissa, and Lucina + I think a reveal of the LE box seems likely.

I also think it means we might get characters who's status will be as allied and/or fightable NPCs.

Sure, Anna could be one of those, but I don't think this tweet is meaning to refer to her in particular like you're suggesting. I take it as some characters are going to appear for story reasons only or as a part of some other mechanic we haven't seen yet, like the support Pokemon in Pokken.

Uh oh... Now I worry that Frederick will appear in the game but not be playable... Simply because it'd feel out of character for him to not be present in some form since Chrom and seemingly Lissa are there. :(

It would suck if he isn't playable...

The Amiibo aren't trash... But I do agree that characters should not be locked behind them. Costumes and weapons for those characters should be the Amiibo rewards, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh oh... Now I worry that Frederick will appear in the game but not be playable... Simply because it'd feel out of character for him to not be present in some form since Chrom and seemingly Lissa are there. :(

I think Freddy has more than enough merit to justify him being playable. Characters that I could see being relegated to NPC roles would be most of the Fates royal retainers, some members of the Shepherds, or the Whitewings, but Fredrick? I can't see them doing that to him.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

5 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I think Freddy has more than enough merit to justify him being playable. Characters that I could see being relegated to NPC roles would be most of the Fates royal retainers, some members of the Shepherds, or the Whitewings, but Fredrick? I can't see them doing that to him.

Man, I hope you're right. I really wanna kick some butt in this game with him! Especially if I can't have Ike. I'll be satisfied with Freddy and Ryoma.

27 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I could see it going either way with Frederick, though it would be nice for him to be playable. I never thought about retainers or some Shepherds being just NPCs, but now that you mention it I could definitely see them do that.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Sure, Anna could be one of those, but I don't think this tweet is meaning to refer to her in particular like you're suggesting. I take it as some characters are going to appear for story reasons only or as a part of some other mechanic we haven't seen yet, like the support Pokemon in Pokken.

For some reason I just have this feeling Anna is not going to be playable, but I hope I am wrong. She has so much potential and I would love to play as her.

I think Freddy has some amusing potential later down the road too, what with Summer Freddy now being a thing in Heroes. It'd be hilarious to get his summer clothes and seashells as an alternate costume and weapon and kill things that way. XD

I swear, he just keeps being so lovable and awesome to me that I would just be SO sad not to see him playable here.

Anna though, could go either way, honestly. Sometimes she's been playable in FE, sometimes not, so...

Edited by Anacybele