Fire Emblem Heroes and the state of emulators

kratosangel

Hello,

I know there is already a stickied thread about the error 803 but I think this thread is not exactly about the same topic.

As everybody may or may not know, Nox is dead for FEH.

There are thus some possibilities :

1)  "Mutant" Memu. 

An unrooted modified Memu will work based on Fate Grand Order fix (find information here on how to proceed) https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6lh1ob/emulators_post150/ Problem : you still suffer from the annoying error 803 which leaves you to : a- clear data and reinstall it all --> very long and annoying or use MemuHyper V to delete the deviceaccount.xml file (see here http://www.memuplay.com/blog/index.php/2016/08/08/memuhyperv-tool/

--> seems very complex to use (I could not have it work)

In any case, error popping will make you lose progress (stamina wasted, especially annoying for multi maps runs) and ruin your arena win streak.

2) BlueStacks 2 + Tweaker

Same principle as mutant Memu. Download here : http://www.bluestacks.com/fr/index.html

and have the tweaker (could not find a link to it sorry) to be able to delete the file.

The issues are exactly the same as for Memu (except it's tweaker instead of HyperV)

3) AmiduOS

Somebody found a weird way to have it run without any error 803 with AmiduOS with just a little glitch to bypass initial error of google play services. Find the post about it here : https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/68725-fe-heroes-error-803-3001/&do=findComment&comment=4910316

Do note that you must be careful about everything : the minimize trick, NOT installing GApps at all etc ..

I heard the only "perfect" solution would be with Magisk (it's "systemless") but it's for rooted phones, I could not find information about if there's any way to have it work on some emulator.

Problems are : it is pretty sluggish/bad performance (see :  http://tinyurl.com/y75ef5po)

and the 2nd one : trial of 30 days, then you get to pay or go the free version (which may or may not work).

Bonus third problem : it's pretty glitchy so I guess it will be fixed very fast.

Now the question is : have people tried some other ways ?

Since the AmiduOS solution works because of no gapps native, I wanted to try another similar emulator.

I looked up and found Genymotion is the same. So I tried to install and run some realistic emulator (default phones).

First problem : it does not read most of the apks which are ARM files but only x86 files so you either have to install the ARM translation zip package (1.1 for me) or find the apk in x86.

I managed to get past it but it has the same problem as Nox : chain crash app (while absolutely no Gapps, which is weird).

So I thought it's because of Root on and tried to unroot it following this guide : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/genymotion-users/c0cwyDhPUhg

Unfortunately, it was still not working (maybe the unroot step to step is flawed ?). So I could not succeed :(

If anyone has more chance with it, please let me know.

I also tried RemixOS since it's an OS but I could not get it to work. Just like Genymotion, please let me know if you can have it work.

I saw other options would be Androidx86 and AndroidStudio since they are more official so I guess they should qualify as reliable to run ... but those seem very complex to use so I did not risk it yet. I also don't know if performances would be good (I guess it should be good since they are x86 based).

Edit : bonus if this link can help, though I dont think so : https://fralef.me/using-android-without-google-apps.html

Thanks for reading and please don't hesitate to contribute, even a little bit.

Edited by kratosangel

Up till the last patch that killed it for most emulators I used NOX. Tried the memu thingy but found no way to delete deviceaccount.xml (xit my life amirite). So I had to delete all local data every time and sit through a 8-9 minute redownload of the entire game every time I wanted to play or face the 80X error midway through.

Caved in and brought a smartphone for 80 euro's. It's refreshing to not have to worry.

Well yeah I do have a phone that it works on for when I'm away from home but when I'm home, I really prefer playing on emulator because of no battery drain (and this one is huge), no overheating of device (which slowly kills it), I like it better gameplay wise with mouse, playing in big screen is way handier, you can also do a lot of stuff at the same time on the same device (the PC) etc ...

So I really prefer to play it on emulator, I was so happy with Nox solution :(

Actually a good topic to touch up on. Was in this very situation right when the first patch game out. Luckily, someone pointed me to the Bluestacks rooting as well as the "Mutant Memu" (which also didn't work for me, but it's possible I did something wrong). Bluestack's was by far the quickest and easiest, for me.

22 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Up till the last patch that killed it for most emulators I used NOX. Tried the memu thingy but found no way to delete deviceaccount.xml (xit my life amirite). So I had to delete all local data every time and sit through a 8-9 minute redownload of the entire game every time I wanted to play or face the 80X error midway through.

Caved in and brought a smartphone for 80 euro's. It's refreshing to not have to worry.

Sadly. I quite grew into Nox.

Having it on phone is so, so, so much better. Finally fixed my iPhone so I'll probably be able to do it in a few days.

Well yeah I do have a phone that it works on for when I'm away from home but when I'm home, I really prefer playing on emulator because of no battery drain (and this one is huge), no overheating of device (which slowly kills it), I like it better gameplay wise with mouse, playing in big screen is way handier, you can also do a lot of stuff at the same time on the same device (the PC) etc ...

So I really prefer to play it on emulator, I was so happy with Nox solution :(

I've been playing on computer because it's my only choice, for about two months now. I'd definitely take a mobile device, since I don't have to staple myself to the same place all the time (especially with The Trials going on). It'll feel so good on an acual console.

Edited by Soul~!

I got a tablet after the 1.5 update. There are some annoyances, like the touch screen occasionally messing up and misreading my input, but portability and a bigger screen are huge pluses. Also Bluestacks would occasionally crash my laptop on startup and played battle animations at like half speed, so I'm very glad to be free of those problems.

20 hours ago, Lushen said:

Andy OS and Android x86 platforms such as Pheonix OS and Remix OS are more likely to work than standard emulators.

I guess so ... I finally got to have Remix OS work in Virtual Box ... but it's impossible to find Fire Emblem Heroes in Play Store so I guess it's an unsupported version.

Not that it matters that much since I was able to find FFRK and it was insanely slow so it's terribad on VM (even though I allocated 16 Gb of disk space and 10 Gb of memory).

The alternative OS installed wouldn't be very convenient either ..

1 hour ago, kratosangel said:

I guess so ... I finally got to have Remix OS work in Virtual Box ... but it's impossible to find Fire Emblem Heroes in Play Store so I guess it's an unsupported version.

Not that it matters that much since I was able to find FFRK and it was insanely slow so it's terribad on VM (even though I allocated 16 Gb of disk space and 10 Gb of memory).

The alternative OS installed wouldn't be very convenient either ..

Pretty much none of the emulators will have FEH in the play store.  The only one that did for me was Andy but it only worked on one of my two devices.

• 3 weeks later...