Generals, Berserkers, or Swordmasters?

Emeraldfox

Which?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. :3

• Generals
    • Berserkers
    • Swordmasters

Swordmasters because I always liked them... and they are so hard to hit (when there yours anyways...) but berserkers come in second and generals last. Generals are good and all but anyone could beat them if they are equipped well. But if you want to beat a berserker/ swordmaster boss (a good one like Lloyd... so sue me if they don't make any important berserkers...) you need like 5 units to attack them excluding healers. Generals, you rush at them with a heavy spear/ armorslayer and a good unit and there easily gone (if there REALLY good you could also use a sage to help).

Swordmasters because I always liked them... and they are so hard to hit (when there yours anyways...) but berserkers come in second and generals last. Generals are good and all but anyone could beat them if they are equipped well. But if you want to beat a berserker/ swordmaster boss (a good one like Lloyd... so sue me if they don't make any important berserkers...) you need like 5 units to attack them excluding healers. Generals, you rush at them with a heavy spear/ armorslayer and a good unit and there easily gone (if there REALLY good you could also use a sage to help).

You could use a Swordreaver and OHKO a Myrmidon/Swordmaster. The whole "Anyone can beat them if well equipped!" arguement could go for any class.

IT'S OBVIOUS ON WHAT I CHOSE I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE DEFENSE ARGUMENTS

I never really use axe users for some reason ._x They're nice, really. I have too much sword bias

But assassins are cool too ;-; Fim agrees with me!

I think I got over the sword fixation because of FF7. Seriously? You're going to run around with a sword twice your size and that's 3 feet thick?

I kind of wish they would add maces as a weapon type somehow. I know they've got hammers as specialty axe weapons but it's just not quite the same. A guy whipping a morning star into the face of someone and crushing their skull is so brutal.

Swords are cool and all, but so are other weapons. GENERALS CAN WIELD LOTS OF COOL WEAPONS!

In fact, FE8 Generals can wield Axes, Swords, and Lances. That is fucking cool. Plus, Generals have pretty fucking epic caps.

I also like Berserkers because of massive Strength, Axes, and terrain movement.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Generals can wield all four weapon types in Genealogy and Thracia. I've never really bothered with them in either game, though.

In any case, I voted for Generals. I've always enjoyed seeing enemies break their weapons on my characters. :) Berserkers and Swordmasters are both good in their own way, but I have a petty dislike for them that I just can't shake.

In a game where death is permanent, speed isn't the best thing to rely on. Sure, you may be hard to hit if you're fast, but it hurts pretty bad when you are hit.

Generals can't move a lot, but they can take hits like no other. To me, that makes them a much more useful class than the other two.

Berserkers: Good speed, great hp which makes their durability about average and partly negates sucky defense, best weapon type, derpawesome strength. Supafine.