Books.

Inactive Account

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, right, Wist. I meant Inheritance=Star Wars.

HHGTG Radio pwns the books and the movie, IMO.

Nice avatar.

Once again, I don't see how Inheritance is a rip of Star Wars.

Never heard the radio version, hated movie and book.

I don't just HATE books. I LOATHE reading altogether. Why am I on a forum? Because I only loathe book reading. All books. The creator of books can go to hell before he creates them for all I care, just write everything down on a single piece of paper or something. Books suck.

Nice avatar.

Once again, I don't see how Inheritance is a rip of Star Wars.

Never heard the radio version, hated movie and book.

Yeah, at least her avatar's better made than SOME people's avatars. *coughtinocough*

I don't just HATE books. I LOATHE reading altogether. Why am I on a forum? Because I only loathe book reading. All books. The creator of books can go to hell before he creates them for all I care, just write everything down on a single piece of paper or something. Books suck.

Yeah, at least her avatar's better made than SOME people's avatars. *coughtinocough*

at least tino's avatar is a FE charater (and if it's not, it looks like it)

Do you have any particular reason for taking this position? It seems a waste to generalize all books as loathsome when there is such a wealthy variety of reputable literature of all sorts available, especially in this day and age.

Do you have any particular reason for taking this position? It seems a waste to generalize all books as loathsome when there is such a wealthy variety of reputable literature of all sorts available, especially in this day and age.

'Cause they're boring. More than half of them have movies out anyways. I've read tons of books and the only 2 series' I actually enjoyed reading were the Shiloh series and Chronicles of Narnia series. I've tried reading multiple other books but it was just really boring.

forgive me, but that is very stupid logic. the books are infinitely better than their movie counterparts.

I meant that as in I'd rather spend 2 hours watching a movie than days reading a book.

and saying atleast half of them have movies is a horrible exxageration.

I don't care.

I don't think all movie incarnations of books are bad. Movies can be better than the book, like Harry Potter 5.

And the Chronicles of Narnia. Those books were written so stupidly.

I always hated how schools always read the WORST books. And we also had to read plays... lots of plays. Plays aren't supposed to be read, they are supposed to be watched. There's only one book in school that didn't make me think that I'd be better off hanging myself. And that would be Lord of the Flies

School is the reason I hate reading now. Ironic, isnt it

If that's all the case, then you shouldnt be posting in this particular topic.

That post sucks. Here is why:

Wist shouldn't have asked why I didn't like books because I didn't state why thus meaning that I didn't feel like saying why. Also, Wist, no offense but don't respond to this post with one of your generic "I'm sorry for no damn reason/a crappy reason" posts.

I did not intend to cause offense or to provoke anger. I asked for you to elaborate on your post, which you did; you had no obligation to respond to my question. I had no way of knowing that you had intentionally refrained from elucidating your reasoning, but what's done is done. I did not seek to make any judgment of your person because I do not know you, nor would I have sought to contest your opinion because, on a personal matter like this, everyone has their own justifiable reasoning dictated by personal experience. It would appear I might do well to avoid querying one's personal stance on any matter in the future.

I don't think all movie incarnations of books are bad. Movies can be better than the book, like Harry Potter 5.

And the Chronicles of Narnia. Those books were written so stupidly.

HP 5 movie, better than the book? WTH??

As for Narnia, they weren't written so stupidly as much as they were written with a set of different values, geared to a much different audience than we are.

HP 5 movie, better than the book? WTH??

As for Narnia, they weren't written so stupidly as much as they were written with a set of different values, geared to a much different audience than we are.

The book was good, but even reading it years back I felt it would work better as a movie.

Narnia was written like a retard. It switched from 1st to 2nd to 3rd person all the time and had other annoying occurences. The overall story is what saved it, thank god they made movies.

I'm really getting into Pride and Prejudice right now (Chapter 7). The coolest thing about it is how the writing was fresh enough to be read right now, 200 years after it was written!

I'm really getting into Pride and Prejudice right now (Chapter 7). The coolest thing about it is how the writing was fresh enough to be read right now, 200 years after it was written!

Unfortunately, modern publishers may disagree with you.

Edit (10.04.2008): I clarified to whom I was responding by adding in the quote to which I responded.

i really enjoyed pride and prejudice

i really preferred Anna Karenina though.... you just gotta love Anna!!!!

I'm really liking Macbeth right now, but my english teacher has absolutely ruined it for us by spoiling the ending!

We oughta edit Macbeth.

-Sephiran knocks out the witches and gives Macbeth the medallion-

Hey, we'd get the same ending, pretty much! Shakespeare, gotta love it. A Midsummer Night's Dream will always have a special place in my heart. I actually find most Shakespeare plays easier to read than A Tale of Two Cities.

Anyone read the Thursday Next series? It's really cool, too.