NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, chococoke said:

Bears are now officially the best team in the AFC North

That's a funny way of spelling "Steelers."

Bears aren't even in our division... xP

EDIT: Also, wow, don't know what you were worried about in that Patriots/Bills game. Bills got slaughtered. No sandwiches for them!

Edited by Anacybele

40 minutes ago, chococoke said:

Jimmy G is just a beast, I guess 

I wanted the Steelers to pick him up for a reason, yeah... Since Ben will likely retire in the next year or so at the latest.

2 hours ago, -Cynthia- said:

It's a joke about the Bears sweeping the AFC North.

Also, Jags clinch the AFC South! Thanks Rams.

...Oh. xP

Hey, we're about to sweep it too! We should, anyway. I realize we're likely resting our starters vs the Brownies, but even a Landry Jones-led Steelers team beat them! lol It was in OT, but still.

...Yeah, what does that mean? :/

Also, wow, yet another controversial call goes the Pats' way. Big surprise, huh. :/ There was not enough evidence to overturn that Kelvin Benjamin TD imo. "Clear and obvious" my ass. Especially if it took them a long time to review it just as they did with Jesse James's play the week before. And I'm not even a Bills fan. I did like Benjamin when he was with the Panthers tho, can't believe they let him go. But anyway, this is getting ridiculous. The Patriots are being on the better end of too much of this BS.

I won't deny they're still a good team, but really.

On another topic, can the Steelers stop being forced to open and close their regular seasons with the stupid Brownies? I swear they've either opened it or closed it or both in the last few seasons or so. >.> That's so boring.

Edited by Anacybele

Well I guess the 2008 Lions will have company at last, assuming the Steelers don’t choke big time. This was a long time coming for the Browns, and if it weren’t for the Chargers ruining the fun it could’ve happened much sooner. How on earth do the Browns retain their fans? The old legacy followers can only handle so many failures...

48 minutes ago, chococoke said:

What does that mean

There was an effigy of Vontaze Burfict hanging in Pittsburgh that was in a noose, hanging from an electrical line. How much clearer can I be?

Anyway, it’s better than us who have always closed against Cincy where playoffs were on the line.

13 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

There was an effigy of Vontaze Burfict hanging in Pittsburgh that was in a noose, hanging from an electrical line. How much clearer can I be?

Anyway, it’s better than us who have always closed against Cincy where playoffs were on the line.

...Okay, wow. I hate the guy as much as the next Steelers fan, but that is going too far. I wouldn't want him DEAD. Sheesh.

But at least that makes for an interesting matchup to watch! Meanwhile here it's "oh, Brownies, yawn..." and waiting for playoffs to start...

21 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

I didn't know what effigy meant but I am now capable of using context clues.

It would be pretty spectacular if the Steelers somehow lost tonight. Patriots could really use 2 bye weeks heading into the divisional round 

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Okay, wow. I hate the guy as much as the next Steelers fan, but that is going too far. I wouldn't want him DEAD. Sheesh.

That and it’s highly, highly racist. It’s definitely one of the more horrid ways I’ve seen fans lash out at players.

12 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

That and it’s highly, highly racist. It’s definitely one of the more horrid ways I’ve seen fans lash out at players.

Yeah, I can't believe someone here would ever do that. It's even worse than whoever those shithead Bengals fans were that threw garbage on Ben as he was being carted away with an injury a few years ago. And that was one of the most horrible ways I'd ever seen a player treated by fans.

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Also, wow, yet another controversial call goes the Pats' way. Big surprise, huh. :/ There was not enough evidence to overturn that Kelvin Benjamin TD imo. "Clear and obvious" my ass. Especially if it took them a long time to review it just as they did with Jesse James's play the week before. And I'm not even a Bills fan. I did like Benjamin when he was with the Panthers tho, can't believe they let him go. But anyway, this is getting ridiculous. The Patriots are being on the better end of too much of this.

unfortunately it's becoming a game of millimeters instead of inches...

4 hours ago, Phoenix Wright said:

unfortunately it's becoming a game of millimeters instead of inches...

Yeah, and like, does THAT tiny of a margin really matter that much?

On another note, we got a blowout for Christmas! WEEE!! And a first round bye. :D For some reason though, Texans QBs had a hard time staying upright against us... lol

Edited by Anacybele

After the loss of Wentz and the Eagles struggling to pull out a win for the second week in a row against a mediocre/bad team, it seems like a lot of places are putting Vikings at the top of the NFC.

Which means they're about to blow it, as inevitably happens any time the Vikings get noticed. GG guys, it was good while it lasted. Home field advantage at the Super Bowl would have been nice.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

After the loss of Wentz and the Eagles struggling to pull out a win for the second week in a row against a mediocre/bad team, it seems like a lot of places are putting Vikings at the top of the NFC.

Well, the loss of Wentz didn't cause the defense to suck ass against New York. They've basically only had two games with Foles. The NFC is hard to predict because of the QB situation of the top teams.

Edited by Lord Raven

5 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

Well, the loss of Wentz didn't cause the defense to suck ass against New York. They've basically only had two games with Foles. The NFC is hard to predict because of the QB situation of the top teams.

Losing a QB, especially one that's a pillar of the team, can shake up a whole team. So I will attribute their problems on defense to the NYG to that. But their offense was limp against the Raiders, which is a bit easier to attribute to the loss of Wentz. If the game was at Oakland, I think they would have lost that game.

Edited by Slumber

5 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Losing a QB, especially one that's a pillar of the team, can shake up a whole team. So I will attribute their problems on defense to the NYG to that. But their offense was limp against the Raiders, which is a bit easier to attribute to the loss of Wentz. If the game was at Oakland, I think they would have lost that game.

If it can shake up a team, then surely they wouldn't have beaten the Giants like they did.

I actually think that losing a QB can motivate a team too. Some anecdotes: the Ravens-Dolphins game this year (CJ Mosley came out and said that they played their asses off because Miami hurt their "family," and this is despite constant poor play from our offense all season) and a Cardinals game from 2014. Palmer tore his ACL, and the very next play was a deep TD pass from Drew Stanton to John Brown (like 50 yards). They won that game because Todd Bowles called some of the ballsiest blitzes, especially in one of the last plays in a close game where they sent 6 guys at the QB and he ended up getting rid of it quick and into the arms of a defender.

Doug Pederson seems like the kinda coach that motivates after a loss or after unfortunate incidents happen, rather than someone who lets his team succumb to hopelessness, just like Arians.

7 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

If it can shake up a team, then surely they wouldn't have beaten the Giants like they did.

I actually think that losing a QB can motivate a team too. Some anecdotes: the Ravens-Dolphins game this year (CJ Mosley came out and said that they played their asses off because Miami hurt their "family," and this is despite constant poor play from our offense all season) and a Cardinals game from 2014. Palmer tore his ACL, and the very next play was a deep TD pass from Drew Stanton to John Brown (like 50 yards). They won that game because Todd Bowles called some of the ballsiest blitzes, especially in one of the last plays in a close game where they sent 6 guys at the QB and he ended up getting rid of it quick and into the arms of a defender.

Doug Pederson seems like the kinda coach that motivates after a loss or after unfortunate incidents happen, rather than someone who lets his team succumb to hopelessness, just like Arians.

It seems like it takes a game or two for a team to rally behind a new QB. Or maybe it's just my experiences with Keenum this year.

Regardless, it seems like the Eagles aren't the team that dominated rankings earlier this season. Whether it's due to losing Wentz or something else, the team cohesion seems like it's falling apart. I can't say if they're a bad/mediocre team yet, since I don't think I'll know the answer until the playoffs. But having to clutch games at the last minute, back to back, against teams like the Raiders and the Giants, it seems like they're not quite the NFC darlings anymore.

Edited by Slumber

We'll have to see in the playoffs. Cardinals rallied around Stanton after Palmer and Ravens rallied around Schaub and Mallet after Flacco went down. Hell, the 91 Giants didn't have Simms starting when they won the Super Bowl. There's plenty of precedent both ways.