NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

7 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Big talk from a fan of a team with a 3 year playoff drought. At this point you would love a 1st round exit wouldn't you. sorry I had to

Real talk though, I don't even know how to feel right now. Could some of you perennial playoff fans explain this stuff to me?

For the first time in my life I was rooting for the Bengals and holy shit was that last drive intense. "4th and 12" will forever be referenced among Bills fans from now on.

Yeah but we went down swinging hard in 2014. When Belichick was interviewed after the Super Bowl about being down 10 in the super bowl, he said he was more scared when he was down 14 twice to Baltimore.

We went down swinging this year too, now that Pees is retiring we don't have to see this shit year in and year out like we have for the past five years. Good shit.

EDIT: I'd rather not make it than see a first round exit. I haven't seen a first round exit since 2006. I don't even know what that is anymore.

Edited by Lord Raven

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

Yeah but we went down swinging hard in 2014. When Belichick was interviewed after the Super Bowl about being down 10 in the super bowl, he said he was more scared when he was down 14 twice to Baltimore.

We went down swinging this year too, now that Pees is retiring we don't have to see this shit year in and year out like we have for the past five years. Good shit.

EDIT: I'd rather not make it than see a first round exit. I haven't seen a first round exit since 2006. I don't even know what that is anymore.

I fundamentally disagree with this statement, Raven.

I would rather have the chance at fighting to not go in the first round than not have that chance at all. And this is what I mean when I say "spoiled".

When you don't make it to that first game from the age of 8 until 26 with the last time being a painful loss at home in the wild card game, you just want to try that game again. And sure, we can lose it again. But we could win it too. And we'll never know that until we get to that game.

I would rather be a perennial first round exit than not making the playoffs.

Yeah, barely making it to the playoffs is definitely preferable to not making it at all.

Especially when the Browns have made it to the playoffs more recently than your team.

3 hours ago, Comrade said:

I fundamentally disagree with this statement, Raven.

I would rather have the chance at fighting to not go in the first round than not have that chance at all. And this is what I mean when I say "spoiled".

When you don't make it to that first game from the age of 8 until 26 with the last time being a painful loss at home in the wild card game, you just want to try that game again. And sure, we can lose it again. But we could win it too. And we'll never know that until we get to that game.

I would rather be a perennial first round exit than not making the playoffs.

I'm sorry can you explain to me what a first round exit is? I honestly don't know what it is. Aren't you supposed to win one playoff game before getting knocked out? I dunno I can't recall if that's happened to us.. I might've been too young to remember.

I don't know, that's just me. Enjoy the first round exit while we fix our fundamentally extremely flawed team with the draft pick. It's a shame, we could've actually done some damage in the playoffs.

I am actually 100% acknowledging I'm spoiled bud. Harbaugh has never lost his first playoff game. We are 10-5 in the playoffs under him, 7-5 on the road, 1-0 in super bowls. I think I'll manage, especially since Dean Pees retired after giving up his 50th last minute lead against the Bengals (his defenses have historically struggled in tight situations against the Bengals - Bengals/Ravens is the most underrated rivalry of all time).

That sorry ass franchise needed to poach a coach from us to do anything to us and we actually have beaten the niners in the super bowl.. lol fuck the Bengals 

I seriously legit enjoy playing troll patrol spoiler in the playoffs because we are historically great at that especially under Harbaugh. A first round exit like this Bills team will have will just be embarrassing for them, because both wild card teams really suck and none of them (not even the Ravens) are as good as previous AFC wild card teams. Whether or not the Ravens made the wild card spot wouldn't change my opinion of this being one of the worst AFCs in history and especially the worst wild cards. When the 1 and 2 seeds look questionable whereas the NFC is loaded top to bottom makes me question if I just wanted us to rebuild properly as opposed to winning now. We are definitely due for one, and relying on one CB to hold a lead is handcuffing us on defense.

Edited by Lord Raven

50 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

this being one of the worst AFCs in history

Yeah, I honestly have a hard time seeing any AFC team not named Steelers, Patriots, or Jaguars in the SB right now. And the Jaguars are a bit questionable too due to not having much of an offense compared to those other two.

51 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

Bengals/Ravens is the most underrated rivalry of all time

I think this just gets too overshadowed by Steelers/Ravens and more recently, Steelers/Bengals. The former play each other really tough most of the time and have had a few big playoff showdowns (just look at how many of those games ended with a point differential of 3 or less... o_O), and the latter has just been a fricken blood bath.

53 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

Dean Pees

LOL okay, I'm sorry, but this guy's name made me burst out laughing. "Pees" XD

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I honestly have a hard time seeing any AFC team not named Steelers, Patriots, or Jaguars in the SB right now. And the Jaguars are a bit questionable too due to not having much of an offense compared to those other two.

Steelers are questionable too. I think winning the way they have is inherently unsustainable. Patriots are the most vulnerable 13-3 team I've ever seen in my life.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I think this just gets too overshadowed by Steelers/Ravens and more recently, Steelers/Bengals. The former play each other really tough most of the time and have had a few big playoff showdowns (just look at how many of those games ended with a point differential of 3 or less... o_O), and the latter has just been a fricken blood bath.

Ravens-Bengals never met in the playoffs. I will say that in 2014, I was hoping for the Steelers to beat the Bengals week 17 because I am always way more scared of the Bengals than the Steelers.

Edited by Lord Raven

1 hour ago, Phoenix Wright said:

yeah bortles needs a spark or something.

It's not all on Bortles to be fair- the rash of WR injuries has been a problem. Cam Robinson is expected to be back for the postseason which should help the line look better than it did Sunday. I'm still not terribly optimistic about the Jags playoff chances past the first round, but after a decade of futility I'll take whatever. 

1 hour ago, Lord Raven said:

Steelers are questionable too. I think winning the way they have is inherently unsustainable. Patriots are the most vulnerable 13-3 team I've ever seen in my life.

Well, SOMEBODY in the AFC has to make the SB, and as it stands, the three teams I listed are still the most likely ones. But I will agree, between our defensive issues, the Patriots looking pretty vulnerable as you say, and the Jags' offensive issues, everyone has a big hurdle to climb.

1 hour ago, Lord Raven said:

Ravens-Bengals never met in the playoffs.

That's rather crazy given how many times I've seen Steelers/Ravens playoff matchups, which has been several. :/

11 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

I'm sorry can you explain to me what a first round exit is? I honestly don't know what it is.

I'm sorry, can you explain what not going to the playoffs at all in almost 2 decades is like? Because I can, you can't and both Hawk King and I will happily take a first round exit while you just act salty because your team self-destructed at home with a playoff shot on the line.

17 straight seasons missing the playoffs is a big deal for the fans of a sports team. For me, it has been 13 seasons since I started following football.

After watching a  9-7 team win the Superbowl, a plethora of 8-8 teams make the playoffs, and even a 7-9 team get a home game and win in the playoffs, I finally get to watch my 1st ever game with the Bills in the playoffs. We could lose 49-0 and it wouldn't matter.

As far as opponents go, the Jaguars are probably the best team for us to go up against. They won only 1 more game than we did and their schedule was one of the easiest of any team. There should be a surprising number of Bills fans at the game so the home crowd advantage won't be so great for the Jags. And the most important factor is that the Jags have two people associated with them named Doug Marrone and Blake Bortles. Marrone is a poor coach and Bortles didn't suddenly become good this year.

Kudos to the Jags for having a good season and snapping their own playoff drought, but I'm still not sold on them. I think they just captured lightning in a bottle like the Raiders did last year. Not to put a damper on them but they will have to go against a healthy Andrew Luck and Deshaun Watson twice each next year.

23 minutes ago, Comrade said:

I'm sorry, can you explain what not going to the playoffs at all in almost 2 decades is like? Because I can, you can't and both Hawk King and I will happily take a first round exit while you just act salty because your team self-destructed at home with a playoff shot on the line.

Seeing the playoff match-up graphic on my TV screen with the Bills on it literally put tears in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I want to see a Stanley Cup rematch at this year's AFC championship. But New England has to be knocked out first.

Steelers vs Titans in the AFC game would be funny after that Penguins vs Predators Cup final lol. Good thing it would be in Pittsburgh though, because I hated the way the Preds fans treated my Pens. Sharks fans the year before just kept cheering for their team, but Preds fans boo'd the Pens to hell as they held the cup and handed it off to each other instead. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Looks like the odds are pointing to a Patriots/Vikings SB.

While I like the idea of the Vikings being in the SB, I'm more happy at the idea that getting around the Twin Cities will be marginally easier without 50k+ out of towners blocking up traffic for a week. Instead it will be like half of that.

Edited by Slumber

6 hours ago, Comrade said:

Are you okay? I mean, the only way the Bills made the playoffs was with the weakest AFC in 15 years.

Still don't know what a first round exit is. My team's been too good for those, and this was basically a rebuilding year.

@Hawk King nothing against you, congratulations on your team making it. I wanted the Bills to make it at some point because that team's just been teetering in mediocrity for 18 years with nothing to show for it, which is why I wanted Tennessee to lose, but I'm gonna keep giving Life crap because he's a bad person.

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Looks like the odds are pointing to a Patriots/Vikings SB.

While I like the idea of the Vikings being in the SB, I'm more happy at the idea that getting around the Twin Cities will be marginally easier without 50k+ out of towners blocking up traffic for a week. Instead it will be like half of that.

I think only the Eagles and the Falcons are iffy. Any of the other four teams can make the Super Bowl and crush the AFC opponent.

Foles isn't terrible and the Eagles are a really good team outside of the QB position.

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's rather crazy given how many times I've seen Steelers/Ravens playoff matchups, which has been several. :/

As I said, Steelers-Ravens games are kinda hard hitting respectful games. Bengals-Ravens games are a step below shootouts where the last minute is the decider. It's a frustrating team to play year in and year out.

Edited by Lord Raven

15 hours ago, -Cynthia- said:

It's not all on Bortles to be fair- the rash of WR injuries has been a problem. Cam Robinson is expected to be back for the postseason which should help the line look better than it did Sunday. I'm still not terribly optimistic about the Jags playoff chances past the first round, but after a decade of futility I'll take whatever. 

agreed.

@raven: let's fucking hope so! the dream is for the rams to brady brady with goff. can't remember if i've said that here yet. probably have.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

1 minute ago, Lord Raven said:

I think only the Eagles and the Falcons are iffy. Any of the other four teams can make the Super Bowl and crush the AFC opponent.

I agree with the NFC being a lot stronger than the AFC at the moment, especially if the Vikings get to the SB and get to play at home.

But, as much as I hate them, it's always dumb to count the Patriots out. They're a proven SB team, and proven SB winners, even if the Falcons basically gave them the SB last year.

Just now, Slumber said:

I agree with the NFC being a lot stronger than the AFC at the moment, especially if the Vikings get to the SB and get to play at home.

But, as much as I hate them, it's always dumb to count the Patriots out. They're a proven SB team, and proven SB winners, even if the Falcons basically gave them the SB last year.

I don't think the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl. Just a hunch. They've had a bad defense all year, and Brady doesn't make mistakes but I can see KC ending them in a shootout if both the wild cards get eliminated.

3 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

As I said, Steelers-Ravens games are kinda hard hitting respectful games. Bengals-Ravens games are a step below shootouts where the last minute is the decider. It's a frustrating team to play year in and year out.

Yeah, pretty much. And as a Steelers fan, I definitely agree the Bengals are frustrating due to the ridiculous tension between the two. I never look forward to these matchups anymore because I'm always afraid of what bullshit the Bengals might pull next. Will Burfict take out one or more of our stars again? Or will there be a dozen big fights? Or will Bengals fans throw garbage on our players again? -_-

Just now, Lord Raven said:

I don't think the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl. Just a hunch. They've had a bad defense all year, and Brady doesn't make mistakes but I can see KC ending them in a shootout if both the wild cards get eliminated.

I'd put it on the Steelers to take them out if anything, even though they've had some shortcomings this season, too.

None of the AFC teams feel "complete" right now, while the Vikings, Saints and Panthers do... but again, don't put it past any of those teams to self-destruct in the playoffs, while the Pats continue to coast to the SB.

37 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I'd put it on the Steelers to take them out if anything, even though they've had some shortcomings this season, too.

Yeah, and we basically did already beat them! The Patriots just got lucky with the BS rulebook and refs.

Also, I'd say the Steelers are the closest in the AFC to being a complete team. We have a superb offense, and when healthy, a defense that's top 5. It's just too bad we lost Shazier. We still have everyone else on that D that matters though.

Edited by Anacybele

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The Patriots just got lucky with the BS rulebook and refs.

Still wasn't a catch. There's plenty of players and coaches actually saying that they didn't think it was a catch before the ruling was made.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

I'm still thinking that KC's generally had New England's number, and Alex Smith is legitimately playing well. The Jags are the most complete team but their offense is inconsistent right now.

Also, the Rams are really good. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

Still wasn't a catch. There's plenty of players and coaches actually saying that they didn't think it was a catch before the ruling was made.

Doesn't matter, the Pats still got lucky there. They didn't cause it to be a catch or not a catch. Also, I believe it was a catch, the rule just sucks.

Also, Lord Raven, the Steelers generally have the Chiefs' number, so if they have to face us first... lol

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

i think it was a catch but not a td. shoulda been down at the 1, looking at the whole thing again.

He wasn't touched as he was going down, so his knee being down didn't matter, but he might've been touched BEFORE the ball shook slightly. The ball never hit the ground until after he was already down and touched, I know that.

Edited by Anacybele