NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

It's ironic that you say that on the day the playoffs start. Seemed like a regular week to me. Also, the degenerate inside me is inspiring me to bet some of these lines...

Tennessee (+8.5) @ Kansas City

eh, this spread is huge. KC will probably win this one in a blowout, but I'm getting this strange feeling that the Titans offense will look competent today. 

Atlanta (+6) @ Los Angeles

another huge spread, and I'm going with another underdog. I'm not sure why, but I don't feel like the Rams are legit. Of course, the Falcons have been a true model of inconsistency this season, so I'll bet on them having one nice showing before bombing out.

Buffalo @ Jacksonville (-8.5)

lol I just realized all the spreads this week are huge. Buffalo making the playoffs is a nice story, but I think the happy ends there. Jacksonville's defense is going to dominate, and Bortles won't have to throw more than 18-20 passes.

Carolina @ New Orleans (-6.5)

The Saints are going to cruise. I think Carolina's defense will be overmatched and Cam Newton has had some very poor stretches of play this year. I like New Orleans, to be honest. I think they could end up representing the NFC in the super bowl 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, chococoke said:

The Saints are going to cruise. I think Carolina's defense will be overmatched and Cam Newton has had some very poor stretches of play this year. I like New Orleans, to be honest. I think they could end up representing the NFC in the super bowl 

The Saints have been running on fumes these last few games, though. They started shaky, had an incredible mid-season, and have come back down to a shaky end of the regular season.

They also lost 4 of their 8 away games, 3 of which were their last 3 away games(And against some teams they really shouldn't have lost to, given how they play at home). They're not the best team on the road, which is going to be a problem when they're not one of the top 2 seeds who don't ever have to travel outside of the NFC championship game.

I can see them taking the Panthers at home. And depending how the Playoff goes, I can see them even beating the Eagles away, since the Eagles are vulnerable and Philly's not a super hostile environment for away teams. I can't see them going to Minnesota and coming out with a win, however.

They're still a very playoff worthy team, and all around they're very strong, but they have their weaknesses. Their biggest being something they can't avoid in the playoffs.

Also, didn't expect the Chiefs to go out immediately. This is all calculated so the Patriots have as easy a playoff schedule as they can get. Watch the Bills win. 

Edited by Slumber

Off today, have a gram of coke incoming with my weed already rolled and ready to go and excited for tonight's game.

Shit boys, I'm going all out tonight.

I think LeSean's effectiveness today will determine what kind of fight the Bills put up. I doubt any of their pass catchers can consistently win today, so this offense will sink or swim on Shady's bum ankle

Edited by chococoke

All of the favorites in these wildcard rounds haven't looked particularly great.

Both the Chiefs and the Rams lost, and the Jags are struggling against the weakest team in the playoffs.

Yeah, the defense has been pretty good but outside of the last drive we looked dismal on offense. Maybe we call some more bootlegs and stuff with Bortles since him running is all that's worked so far.

Edited by -Cynthia-

That ended up going about as I expected tbh. I don't expect us to go in and beat the Steelers, but it's not a terrible matchup- their run D isn't great and we can shut down their passing offense.

Edited by -Cynthia-

2 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I know some of you don't like Tennessee, but offer up your prayers to the football gods that by some miracle we can beat New England on Saturday. We need to keep Brady out of the Superbowl at all costs.

I will be rooting for you 100%.

I'll root for pretty much anybody going against the Pats.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ben just better not throw almost half a dozen picks this time. He and his guys have been clicking much better since.

I suspect the Steelers are going to go with a more conservative, run-based offense this time around so that sort of thing doesn't happen- my guess is that it'll be close and low scoring.

I really can't bring myself to root for the Titans ever, even if a Patriots repeat would be tiresome.

1 minute ago, -Cynthia- said:

I really can't bring myself to root for the Titans ever, even if a Patriots repeat would be tiresome.

I bet you would rather face us than the Patriots at the AFC championship, if you even beat Pittsburgh. At the very least, life is crying salty tears right now.

21 minutes ago, -Cynthia- said:

I suspect the Steelers are going to go with a more conservative, run-based offense this time around so that sort of thing doesn't happen- my guess is that it'll be close and low scoring.

With our backup RB hurt and our receiving group so deep? I doubt it. They can't make Bell do too much without risk of virtually depleting our RBs. Plus, AB's back! :D

Come on Carolina.

I trash talked their road game, but Saints still a scary team. Definitely the scariest team the Vikings could play in the playoffs. I'd rather the Panthers come here.

EDIT: Godddddddammit.

Edited by Slumber

2 hours ago, chococoke said:

I'm sure the coke and weed have dried up any tears that may have formed

also I'm going to miss the videos of bills mafia

lol yeah also I'm rooting for Jacksonville to take it

Saints-Panthers had a great end, shame I couldn't watch it live because I had to drive from NC to MD today 

Edited by Lord Raven

I just realized the top seeds in the AFC and NFC are all from northern states, and the Wild Card winners are all from southern states. 

Next week: Civil War 2

15 hours ago, chococoke said:

also I'm going to miss the videos of bills mafia

Lol, my cousin was one of the people getting slammed though a table in the videos that were shown on Sportscenter.

The Bills v Jags game was really weird for me. I wasn't nearly as stressed out as I thought I would be, probably because there weren't many scores in the game. Even though I expected to lose the game, it was a bit depressing in the end because it felt like the Bills were in control of the game right up until the Jags touchdown. The Jags Defense was really impressive, but I think these two teams were a lot closer than people thought. The Bills definitely had some plays to be made that ultimately ended with dropped balls, undisciplined penalties, slight overthrows, dropped interceptions, and the unfortunate playcalling that led to the field goal as opposed to the touchdown they should have gotten had they just run the ball a few times from the 1 yard line.

Doug Marrone is still a disgustingly conservative coach (shout out to that 22 yard punt), and Blake Bortles is quite awful at throwing a football. I could throw a football that cuts through the wind since I was 14. There is no excuse for an NFL Quarterback to not be able to throw in windy conditions.

16 hours ago, Slumber said:

I will be rooting for you 100%.

I'll root for pretty much anybody going against the Pats.

this

8 hours ago, Hawk King said:

The Bills v Jags game was really weird for me. I wasn't nearly as stressed out as I thought I would be, probably because there weren't many scores in the game. Even though I expected to lose the game, it was a bit depressing in the end because it felt like the Bills were in control of the game right up until the Jags touchdown. The Jags Defense was really impressive, but I think these two teams were a lot closer than people thought. The Bills definitely had some plays to be made that ultimately ended with dropped balls, undisciplined penalties, slight overthrows, dropped interceptions, and the unfortunate playcalling that led to the field goal as opposed to the touchdown they should have gotten had they just run the ball a few times from the 1 yard line.

Doug Marrone is still a disgustingly conservative coach (shout out to that 22 yard punt), and Blake Bortles is quite awful at throwing a football. I could throw a football that cuts through the wind since I was 14. There is no excuse for an NFL Quarterback to not be able to throw in windy conditions.

I didn't love the punt after the interception at first, but I think the wind was going the other way for the Jags there and it was a 56 yarder.  Bills D definitely played well overall. Weirdly Bortles was better at throwing it 10-15 yards down the middle of the field than trying to complete 3-4 yard passes, the screen based stuff was not working at all.