NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

4 hours ago, chococoke said:

James Harrison to the Patriots!!!! Super bowl back on let's goooooooooooooo

LOL

Just because you got a new LB (who's almost 40 years old, let me point out) doesn't mean you're getting a SB title.

James Harrison should've known he wouldn't be on the field much after getting re-signed to the Steelers. He's old and the younger guys were getting better.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Ana, that was sarcasm. Though I will say, if Harrison has any pass rushing juice left, this will be a quality signing. Edge rusher is easily the position with the least depth in New England and despite their placement in the top half of the league in sacks, the pass rush as been pretty poor this season

22 minutes ago, chococoke said:

Don't worry Ana, that was sarcasm. Though I will say, if Harrison has any pass rushing juice left, this will be a quality signing. Edge rusher is easily the position with the least depth in New England and despite their placement in the top half of the league in sacks, the pass rush as been pretty poor this season

He's good, he saved our asses against the Chiefs earlier this season, but he's not a starter anymore, if you ask me.

Belichick rarely uses "starters" when it comes to his defensive line rotations. It's all about situation, hot hand, etc. when deciding which specific player to deploy in the defensive front. 

I anticipate Harrison will get pass-rushing snaps on obvious passing downs. If he has any amount of success in that role, every New England fan will be ecstatic. And if he can't contribute? Goodbye. He's a low-risk flier at the team's weakest position. I do like the signing a lot

A lot of teams actually don't use starters on their front 7 rotation. For instance, when Dumervil was with us he was a starter but he had a tendency to play in obvious passing downs since he was a liability against the run. We would have McPhee, Ngata, Williams, and Jernigan on rotation on the DL and McPhee would even line up as an OLB at times.

1 hour ago, Lord Raven said:

A lot of teams actually don't use starters on their front 7 rotation. For instance, when Dumervil was with us he was a starter but he had a tendency to play in obvious passing downs since he was a liability against the run. We would have McPhee, Ngata, Williams, and Jernigan on rotation on the DL and McPhee would even line up as an OLB at times.

Huh, I must be too used to seeing Dupree, Vince Williams, Tuitt, Heyward, and (before he was hurt) Shazier running around on just about every play. xP

But for the Ravens, I could swear I see at least Mosley on a lot of plays...

Which reminds me though, I'm glad Heyward has managed to stay healthy all season for a change. Dude was getting hurt too much. Same with Ben too, for that matter. First time he played a whole regular season since like 2013 or so, assuming he's being rested for the Brownies game.

Edited by Anacybele

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But for the Ravens, I could swear I see at least Mosley on a lot of plays...

Because ILBs don't tend to be rotated out.

This season we have Suggs playing on passing downs and others covering on running downs, for instance.

5 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

This season we have Suggs playing on passing downs and others covering on running downs, for instance.

Ah, I see then.

5 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

Ah, I see then.

Thanks Philly. You couldn't have lost one of those last three games that might have actually helped the Vikings in the playoffs. You had to lose this one that had no meaning.

Edited by Slumber

I knew the Jets couldn't do us a favor... Oh well.

But we actually swept the whole AFC North hahahaha, YES! XD We got lucky with that dropped Kizer pass on fourth, but I'll take it. Landry Jones did fairly well with the BS he had to work with. Our backup center got hurt, so Tomlin had to put Chris Hubbard there and he's no center. Bad snaps almost every drive. And then Jones also got tripped by one of his own linemen too. He did turn the ball over twice, but those were the only real mistakes he made.

Also, Juju Smith-Schuster for offensive rookie of the year and TJ Watt for defensive rookie of the year! These guys are so awesome. lol Juju pulled an AB and caught a TD pass and returned a punt for a TD!

James Harrison's debut went pretty damn well, I'd say. Patriots have secured a playoff bye 8 years in a row, which is a record that will absolutely never be touched (and they'll add to it next year)

go bengals go. Rooting for the Bills to make the playoffs so hard

6 minutes ago, chococoke said:

James Harrison's debut went pretty damn well, I'd say. Patriots have secured a playoff bye 8 years in a row, which is a record that will absolutely never be touched (and they'll add to it next year)

go bengals go. Rooting for the Bills to make the playoffs so hard

I won't say the Pats aren't a good team, but they've been playing in a VERY weak division for most of those years. I can't think of a single other division that is as consistently noncompetitive as AFC East(AFC South has been pretty bad for a long time, too). And it's been getting worse.

6 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I won't say the Pats aren't a good team, but they've been playing in a VERY weak division for most of those years. I can't think of a single other division that is as consistently noncompetitive as AFC East(AFC South has been pretty bad for a long time, too). And it's been getting worse.

Yeah, I bet the Steelers would be just as good, if not better if they were in a division like that. The AFC North is usually fairly competitive aside from the usual crappy Browns team, and the Steelers still win it more often than anybody else!

Also, the Jets don't really have much of an offense, I think, so even James Harrison could do damage there.

eh, without doing any research, I'd say the AFC East has produced at least 2 wins/close losses per season. Those 6 games make up less the half the schedule, anyway. Being a division winner each season means that the Patriots played the previous season's division winners each season as well, ostensibly making their schedule tougher. 

13 minutes ago, chococoke said:

eh, without doing any research, I'd say the AFC East has produced at least 2 wins/close losses per season. Those 6 games make up less the half the schedule, anyway. Being a division winner each season means that the Patriots played the previous season's division winners each season as well, ostensibly making their schedule tougher. 

Don't the Pats have one of the lower SOS ratings of the division leaders this year(And most every year)? Their schedules are usually pretty easy until the playoffs where they have to play winning teams with strong records. Which is where I can't say that the Pats are a bad team, since they do well every season in the playoffs, but they have the deck stacked in their favor up until that point.

8 straight byes is impressive, but it's a bit less impressive if looked at under a microscope.

Edited by Slumber

saying their schedules are always easy until the playoffs is sort of absurd to me. then again, I guess the Patriots make basically any opponent look bad in the regular season (outside of Denver/Miami) so I can see why you'd say that ;)

14 minutes ago, chococoke said:

saying their schedules are always easy until the playoffs is sort of absurd to me. then again, I guess the Patriots make basically any opponent look bad in the regular season (outside of Denver/Miami) so I can see why you'd say that ;)

No, I'm saying this because the teams they play had bad records.

They played 5 games against teams that went above .500 this year(If the Chargers win, it'll be 6 games. If the Bills win, it will be 7 games. If both win, it will be 8 games), and they lost in two of those games.

Edited by Slumber

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

No, I'm saying this because the teams they play had bad records.

They played 5 games against teams that went above .500 this year(If the Chargers win, it'll be 6 games. If the Bills win, it will be 7 games. If both win, it will be 8 games), and they lost in two of those games.

And got lucky not to lose a third against us... That still stings a bit too. Why I really hope that if we have to play them in the playoffs again, then we win this time.

Ravens are looking like they'll kiss a playoff spot goodbye. lol I hate the Bengals, but I'd still rather them keep the Ravens out of the playoffs for us. Keep it going, Bengals!

Edited by Anacybele

The winky face indicates sarcasm, Slumber. The schedule wasn't tough this season but you can't just generalize that across the past 8+ years 

EDIT: Flacco is Flaccoing so hard. 4-18 for 22 yards o__O

Edited by chococoke

Yeah, chococoke likes being sarcastic in here lately. :P

And wow yeah, poor Flacco. lol But I still think he's a good QB, he's just lacked good talent to work with. I still don't get how the Ravens have gone so long with few quality WRs. Steve Smith was good, but on his way out, and then...who else was there besides him really, since that 2012 SB win? Mike Wallace is just okay.

They need to take a page from the Steelers' book on building an offense. We're loaded with talent! Big Ben, AB, Bell, Bryant, Boswell, and even our punter Jordan Berry aren't called the Killer B's for nothing! I also consider Juju an honorary Killer "B" despite his name not having any Bs. The kid's the studdiest of rookie studs right now!

Edited by Anacybele

29 minutes ago, chococoke said:

The winky face indicates sarcasm, Slumber. The schedule wasn't tough this season but you can't just generalize that across the past 8+ years

It is generally true to some degree, though. While it comes in ebbs and flows, the AFC has been on the weaker side for a good chunk of recent seasons. Standout teams will standout a LOT more in the AFC than in the NFC, where it's basically a dogfight to get to the top in nearly every division.

Edited by Slumber

45 minutes ago, chococoke said:

While I agree that the AFC is weaker this season, it's hard to prove which conference is better season-to-season. I'm sure you feel differently. We'll have to agree to disagree

that TD run by Alex Collins was pretty insane

I mean, there are ways to find out how they stacked up year to year. I think there were 2 years of the past decade or so where the AFC as a whole had stronger seasons than the NFC.

I feel like we're getting off on a tangent.

Let's send our condolences to the half a dozen playoff hopefuls in the AFC who won't be getting their shot after tonight purely because of the Ravens/Bengals game.

Edited by Slumber