NFL 2017-2018 Season - Eagles win their first Super Bowl!

Anacybele

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG WOW. The Bengals made something happen! XD Yay for no playoff Ravens! Never thought I'd be thanking these clowns for something, but thank you Bengals! Now I only have the Pats and Jags to worry about.

Also congrats to the Bills for getting in for the first time in over a decade!

Tonight was New Year's Eve. I'm working on the cold pass and the kitchen is slammed from about 8 until about 11:30. Hard day at work but I put out a really good service.

Check the score just before midnight. Bills are looking good (10-0 at that point) and Bengals are winning. This works.

Finish up and check the score again. 22-3 Buffalo at the start of the 4th. Excellent but I'm expecting Baltimore to win. Surprised that Cincy is still up but there's 15 minutes to go.

Chat to my dad the entire way home as he describes what's going on. Pure tragedy. Everything bad that could happen is happening and I'm really not surprised.

Get home and Bills game is over. Barely get a win. 2:30 left in Baltimore.

Watch Cincy win as I slowly process the fact that the monkey is off of my back. We don't need to talk about the Tragedy in Tennessee anymore. We're in the playoffs. Does it matter how? No. Does this team deserve to be there? I sure as fuck don't think so. But we're playing Jacksonville in January. We haven't played January football since I was 8 years old. And next week, we are still playing while everyone else is golfing.

I don't know what to think right now.

Edited by Comrade

47 minutes ago, Comrade said:

Tonight was New Year's Eve. I'm working on the cold pass and the kitchen is slammed from about 8 until about 11:30. Hard day at work but I put out a really good service.

Check the score just before midnight. Bills are looking good (10-0 at that point) and Bengals are winning. This works.

Finish up and check the score again. 22-3 Buffalo at the start of the 4th. Excellent but I'm expecting Baltimore to win. Surprised that Cincy is still up but there's 15 minutes to go.

Chat to my dad the entire way home as he describes what's going on. Pure tragedy. Everything bad that could happen is happening and I'm really not surprised.

Get home and Bills game is over. Barely get a win. 2:30 left in Baltimore.

Watch Cincy win as I slowly process the fact that the monkey is off of my back. We don't need to talk about the Tragedy in Tennessee anymore. We're in the playoffs. Does it matter how? No. Does this team deserve to be there? I sure as fuck don't think so. But we're playing Jacksonville in January. We haven't played January football since I was 8 years old. And next week, we are still playing while everyone else is golfing.

I don't know what to think right now.

I know about 4 people who are all at a loss for words with the Bills in the playoffs. I'm borderline one of them, because the Bills have had some of their absolute WORST years these last few years. But everyone who is a Bills fan is basically like the kid in high school who failed a class 3 years in a row, and finally passed in his senior year. They know it's not impressive, but they're so damn happy to finally not have to say "I failed biology again".

Anyway. I'm gonna cross my fingers for the Falcons, the Panthers or the Saints to take out Philly in two weeks. The Vikings would inherit home field advantage throughout the playoffs, and US Bank Stadium is a huge home field advantage. It's a very tough environment for away teams.

Edited by Slumber

Honestly, you had to have a truly garbage team not to at least contend for the 6 seed in the AFC this year. I'm glad that it was put to good use 

EDIT: Slumber, how do you feel about Case Keenum? Also, I don't think it matters if Philly wins. That's not a tough spot to play and the Eagles are probably the worst team in the playoffs for the NFC now

Edited by chococoke

I can't wait to see who we'll be facing in the divisional now! I don't really mind any of the possibilities, even the Jags, despite still being scared of their D. :P I think the second seed faces the highest winning seed though, so if the Jags win, we'll be getting them.

9 minutes ago, chococoke said:

Honestly, you had to have a truly garbage team not to at least contend for the 6 seed in the AFC this year. I'm glad that it was put to good use 

I don't care.

You're spoiled by years upon years of watching the Patriots go to the playoffs. I'm not. This isn't going to happen again for another 20 years for me.

7 minutes ago, Comrade said:

I don't care.

You're spoiled by years upon years of watching the Patriots go to the playoffs. I'm not. This isn't going to happen again for another 20 years for me.

Yeah but you're also a bad person lmao

9 minutes ago, Comrade said:

I don't care.

If you beat Jacksonville and we beat Kansas City, we get to either kick your ass all over again, or you get to get revenge for the Music City Miracle.

Just now, Hylian Air Force said:

If you beat Jacksonville and we beat Kansas City, we get to either kick your ass all over again, or you get to get revenge for the Music City Miracle.

Incorrect. We win and we play NE.

What a world we live in. Who would've thought the Jaguars, Bills, and Rams would be playing in January while the Seahawks, Packers, Giants (to a degree), and Cowboys miss out? 

2 hours ago, chococoke said:

EDIT: Slumber, how do you feel about Case Keenum? Also, I don't think it matters if Philly wins. That's not a tough spot to play and the Eagles are probably the worst team in the playoffs for the NFC now

I really like Keenum. I, like pretty much everyone else, was pretty cold on him when he took over for Bradford and he got off to a shaky start.

But I think I like him more than I did Bradford last year. I was really impressed with Bradford's ability to make snap decisions, and I liked his chemistry with Diggs a lot. But Keenum's more consistent, and he doesn't have bones of glass. If Bradford was at his best making quick, short pass decisions, Keenum's more about taking his time and getting things down the field, which I think works better with the Vikings' defense and offense right now. It's a shame we only got about one game with Bradford and this "fully realized" Vikings team, but Keenum's probably better for the long term. He's also got Thielen on his side, and those two make a very good team.

Bridgewater's a different story. I really, really like Bridgewater, and I hope we see more from him next season, but it's hard to argue with a line-up that consistently wins games, and that line-up includes Keenum right now.

Keenum also seems like a good guy, which is nice, and he and Bridgewater seem to get along really well. There are so many good players who are total bags of shit. It makes it hard to root for them.

Edited by Slumber

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

at this point, i don't even really understand why people watch new england's games or steeler's games. how boring is it to spend 3+ hrs of your time already knowing the outcome of a game? lol

For me, I just wonder if I'll see a fun play or some dumb hilarious shit happen. lol A Landry Jones-led Steelers team once again beat the Browns and that's funny enough. XD Juju Smith-Schuster returning a punt for a TD was awesome to see too!

7 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

Kiss the rings bud and enjoy your first round exit

Big talk from a fan of a team with a 3 year playoff drought. At this point you would love a 1st round exit wouldn't you. sorry I had to

Real talk though, I don't even know how to feel right now. Could some of you perennial playoff fans explain this stuff to me?

For the first time in my life I was rooting for the Bengals and holy shit was that last drive intense. "4th and 12" will forever be referenced among Bills fans from now on.

You want me to tell you how to feel? That doesn't make sense. Just wait until the kickoff for next week's games and try to explain your emotions then.

I'm not writing off the Bills, either. The way this season is gone, I wouldn't be shocked to see every wild card team win next week (okay maybe I would but whatever exaggerating is fun)

I kinda don't know how to feel either, because this is the first time the Steelers have gotten a first round bye in forever! I'm used to just a wild card. It's so cool though! Even if we lost, I don't think I'd be that upset because something a bit different happened for us for a change.

first playoff for me (since i started caring about football at least), feels good. sort of a nailbiter cause the rams had such a terrible offensive scheme and were bad for over a decade. but yesterday we basically lost on purpose.

feels weird, but i prefer this over losing interest by wk 7.