Garon never seemed possessed

Helzy Moo

Is it just me or did it not even seem like Garon was possessed. When I was playing Birthright he was just like "Hi, I'm a dragon now". Am I missing something? I only started playing Fire Emblem a few months ago so it is possible I missed something. I haven't finished conquest yet so preferably just stick to birthright please.

To quote from after fighting Garon in Birthright

• Garon: I should have killed you when I had the chance. When you were a mere child...
  • Avatar: And why didn't you, King Garon? Why... Tell me why, Father!
  • Garon: Because you were my most precious pawn. I knew I could use you to get Queen Mikoto. No matter. I feel at peace now. How long has it been since I felt like this? Perhaps this is what I wanted all along... The sweet release of death... My...my body was destroyed. My mind...lost... Ever since that moment...I became something... Something... ...
  • Avatar: What...just happened? What did he mean by that? Was he...already dead? Were those the delirious ramblings of a dying man...or something more? Xander did say that Father—I mean King Garon—had changed... I wonder...

So I would say some force has been controlling him for a while. Only nearing his death he is released. 

Edited by Jingle Jangle

One thing you might have noticed is that Xander seems to be the only one who's fond of him.  He's the only one of the royals who actually died for Garon, Elise having lost her life trying to stop all the fighting and the other two simply giving up.

Coincidentally, Xander's also the eldest.  So perhaps he's the only one who remembers a time when Garon was a good person, which would give you a good indicator of how long he was possessed.

If you keep on playing Conquest, everything will be much clearer.  And as the name would imply, Revelation will have all the answers.

It's only really relevant in Conquest to give him an excuse to be the bad guy and fight Corrin in that route.

18 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

So perhaps he's the only one who remembers a time when Garon was a good person, which would give you a good indicator of how long he was possessed.

Gonna take a second to point out that Leo's B support with Elise indicates that he has some fond memories of pre-possession Garon.  But Leo also seems to completely acknowledge that he's totally changed and Elise is shocked to learn Garon gave Leo piggyback rides.