Tragic and Sorrowful Characters

Steven Tyler

We have a happy thread. We have a serious thread. But now, who do you think are the most tragic and sorrowful characters in the series?

Idoun (FE6): A powerful, and yet, beautiful and tragic villain.

She was basically force to be used as a weapon of war. Because the war of humans and dragons got to the point where things got to the point of hell, the dragons destroyed her soul and heart. Idoun was originally against killing the humans, but her kind didn't care.

Julia (FE4): Amnesic daughter of Diadora.

She watched her own mother murdered by her twin Julius, who in turn, lost his soul to Lopotusu.

The shock of watching her mother die cause Julia to lose some of her memory.

Lol, it seems I'm bringing him up in every thread these days but...here goes...(OMGSPOILERS AHEAD)

Dheginsea. Yeah, you heard me. He just sat by as his fellow men fought each other, the laguz were mistreated and worst of all, his children were taken away from him and abused. He purposefully lied to the whole world, and I'm sure that's taken a pretty heavy toll on his conscience. And he had nobody to support him through all this, he did it all by himself, nobody could understand him. The burdens he carried were his and his alone.

All this because he chose to have unwavering faith, because he wanted to keep his promise, and because he just wanted some peace. I think he's a pretty tragic/sorrowful character, but also a very strong one to endure so many years of suffering.

Hector had it pretty darn hard too.

I'd say Eliwood had it worse, if we're talking FE7.

*spoilers*

He had to watch his own father die in his arms, AND he unknowingly killed Ninian after acquiring Durandal. That's two people he had to watch die right in front of him, one by his own hand. =/

*end spoilers*

Edited by The Blind Archer

I'd say Eliwood had it worse, if we're talking FE7.

*spoilers*

He had to watch his own father die in his arms, AND he unknowingly killed Ninian after acquiring Durandal. That's two people he had to watch die right in front of him, one by his own hand. =/

*end spoilers*

Nergal, he lost his wife, his children, his memory, his friends and the end, his life.

Jaffar and Haar for sure. Nothing beats getting hanged for pedophilia.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Jill 14 in PoR?

And doesn't that make her 17 in RD?

And isn't 17 greater than or equal to the legal age of consent in most states and countries? At least, this website suggests so:

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

And, most importantly, is there a legal age of consent in the Fire Emblem universe?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Jill 14 in PoR?

And doesn't that make her 17 in RD?

And isn't 17 greater than or equal to the legal age of consent in most states and countries? At least, this website suggests so:

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

And, most importantly, is there a legal age of consent in the Fire Emblem universe?

Seeing how Noah can get away for sleeping with Fir, a teenage girl, no.