Fire Emblem Anime Conffirmed in Heroes?

Ishiken

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Let's be real here. A lot of the reasons IS has been struggling to write passable stories recently is because of their new-ish habit of imitating anime-style writing.

Handing off the writing to another writer in the anime industry isn't going to fix anything.

I really wish anime would stop being the easy scapegoat people use to blame IntSys's recent writing problems on. Especially since a lot of the anime elements people complain about in Awakening and Fates have been around in the series for ages but only started being a problem when Awakening and Fates did them.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, obviously it depends on who they hand off the writing to, but i think the bigger issue is that, no matter who they hand it off to, IS is gonna change the writing anyway. Wasn't what happened with Fates was, IS handed off the writing to a respected manga author, but then later, IS changed what the manga author wrote for them? I know stories change every time during the development but i remember hearing that IS changed the original story too much.

We have two conflicting reports on this front. The first is that they took Kibayashi's unfinished first draft, filled it in enough for it to be "finished," and then used that for the basis of the game with no further revisions. The second is that, aside from a few select elements of his first draft like Gooron, they completely disregarded his script and just wrote whatever. Neither reflects very well on IntSys. Unless someone leaks and translates his original draft, we'll never know either way.

Edited by AzureSen

I wonder what the art style would be for the anime. Would it be modern shiny big-eyed semi-sprite looking or will it be like Berserk (1997) or GotS where they're more accurately shaped to make it a little more realistic looking.

3 hours ago, Logos said:

I wonder what the art style would be for the anime. Would it be modern shiny big-eyed semi-sprite looking or will it be like Berserk (1997) or GotS where they're more accurately shaped to make it a little more realistic looking.

Probably something similar to the actual games. Fire Emblem has never had any drastic changes in it's artstyle from FE3 onwards.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Probably something similar to the actual games. Fire Emblem has never had any drastic changes in it's artstyle from FE3 onwards.

I'd say the jump from FE10 to 11, then 12 to 13 were pretty drastic.

But that's due to FE11/12's artstyle being so... weird. I'd also say the design sensibilities for Kozaki's games are super different from anything before it.