Grand Theft Auto

Mufasa

The best of the game is the sheer size of the environments, the missions, and the cheats.

I've owned and completed: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas, but only now own San Andreas: I sold GTA III after completing it for Vice City, then completed that. Then my clumsy mother tripped over the damn controller wire when it was basically flat on the floor, causing the PS2 to fall over and scratch the disc. I was GTA-less until San Andreas came out. But I completed that, messed about with planes and the huge mountain, and haven't played it for two years since.

I'm getting GTA IV for christmas, with an xBox 360. As well as Ace Combat 6!

The best of the game is the sheer size of the environments, the missions, and the cheats.

I've owned and completed: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas, but only now own San Andreas: I sold GTA III after completing it for Vice City, then completed that. Then my clumsy mother tripped over the damn controller wire when it was basically flat on the floor, causing the PS2 to fall over and scratch the disc. I was GTA-less until San Andreas came out. But I completed that, messed about with planes and the huge mountain, and haven't played it for two years since.

San Andreas was my favorite so far. GTA 4 is a close second, and I haven't completed it yet, but San Andreas feels a little more straight forward. GTA4 goes off on about a 100 different tangents. With each new person you do missions for, another two people will want you to do missions.

That isn't to say that GTA4 is bad, I mean it's an awesome game, and it's designed so that even after you beat the story you can still play the game and hang out with certain people and do some side little missions, but there's a LOT going on in the game that you have to keep checking on and keeping people happy.

I'd say that San Andreas and GTA 4 are equal in entertainment, but too different to compare.

But GTA 4 has the crazy good grahics pulling for it. So that makes up for any flaws it has when compared to other GTA games.

*coughgettalesofvesperiaorillkillallyouknowandlovecough*

I really hate those type of games involving gangs, drugs, etc...

That's not the part I mind (Altough it isn't my type of thing) it's the fact that the gameplay really isn't even that good, and that the ONLY thing it has is the hookers and drugs.

If the gameplay was good and it actually had a story, then I wouldn't mind the drugs and hookers.

And before some moron opens his mouth, yes I have played it.

my cousin has a GTA game, i don't know which

the only thing i like to do is run over people while driving.

after a few minutes i get tired and i tell my cousin to put another game

:mellow:

The problem is that the exposures these youths have spent huge amount of time in these types of video games, and how that exposure affects them. The violence and aggressive behavior included in these games are death, shootings, rapes, drug dealing, and fights. The more problematic and all of this research shows that violent behavior can be linked to interactive video gameplay. Which is going everything against what society have taught us. That's why I don't like these types of games.

The problem is that the exposures these youths have spent huge amount of time in these types of video games, and how that exposure affects them. The violence and aggressive behavior included in these games are death, shootings, rapes, drug dealing, and fights. The more problematic and all of this research shows that violent behavior can be linked to interactive video gameplay. Which is going everything against what society have taught us. That's why I don't like these types of games.

That is lame.

Many more studies have shown that violent games are therapeutic.

For example, I have a friend who isn't allowed to watch anything but G-Rated movies, he can't play any video games and he can't even have any books that depict violence, he is one of the most violent people I know.

The GTA series is one of the few exceptions to that above statement, when a 6 year old plays this game, it does have a negative affect, my question however is, who the hell let's a six year old play this?

But regardless I never liked the series.

I just had to make an argument for no reason.

I agree GTA has just as much right to exist as any 18-rated film or television show.

The fact that GTA is a free-sprawling huge area, where you're free to do whatever you like (drive, use weapons, missions, side-missions, or just do whatever you like) is what attracts the majority to the game. Including myself. The missions help add diversity to the game by creating tasks for the player, and unlocking more areas and bonuses for the player to explore and use.

I agree GTA has just as much right to exist as any 18-rated film or television show.

The fact that GTA is a free-sprawling huge area, where you're free to do whatever you like (drive, use weapons, missions, side-missions, or just do whatever you like) is what attracts the majority to the game. Including myself. The missions help add diversity to the game by creating tasks for the player, and unlocking more areas and bonuses for the player to explore and use.

I agree with Raven. It's not the fact that you kill a numerous amount of innocent people, it's the fact that you CAN.

The missions aside, you're never forced to go on a killing spree. It's more of the free roaming spirit that I enjoy, and GTA was the first game to really have it. So I think it deserves some credit for that.

But yeah, I suppose the games are overrated. But the same goes for Brawl, Halo, Mariokart, and plenty others I'm sure.