11 hours ago, Roxas said:

my favorite part was when the chainsmokers song sounded exactly like a chainsmokers song

I'm not the most familiar with the chainsmokers but Integrity did say the exact same thing, so weird the chainsmokers write like the chainsmokers \o/

8 hours ago, Hashuni Mei said:

just noticed suga singing what WHAT

YES

in both best of me and outro: her, I believe

when hearing it in car speakers with other outside noises getting in the way I had initially assumed the singing part in best of me was hobi, but then when I was hearing it through earbuds and actually paid attention, I was like "oh wait.... that's not jhope"

it was such a happy discovery

they evolved and flexed their vocals so much this release. They let tae rap, they finally let jungkook rap again, rapmon and jhope both got to sing more and they let suga sing at all. And jin actually received any more lines at all

and I'm a slut for jimin yelling and/or using his deeper, rougher voice and I ended up discovering over time they used that more than I initially thought they did (LOOKING AT YOU (allegedly) MIC DROP AND GO GO)

so yeah the more I focused on their line distribution the more satisfied I've been getting, they really are growing ;~;

also learning how artfully the lyrics to pied piper were written and how rapmon's framed as the voice of reason (and let's be honest he's totally bashing the fanbase while he's at it) and the vocal line are the evil demons of temptation with their voices of angels and with the rest of the rap line being all smug and "pfft sure we're bad for you but it's not like you can actually resist us anyway"

and all this line distribution studying and lyric evaluating is proving that I have for sure fallen for the pied piper(s) >u>

Edited by Freohr Datia

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Freohr Datia he's singing in the outro too? aaaaaa...!!! ;u;

yesssS by comparing their newest songs to the older ones it's easy to see the wonderful changes in terms of who's rapping/singing and whatnot. DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ROUGHER JIMIN VOICE IM- oh speaking of rapping/singing one of the introductory vids i watched mentioned that v was initially going to be a rapper but later switched roles with jhope. i think both v and jhope have the talent to do both (tho ngl watching v rap cypher made me laugh so hard) and it's great to see such talent on display with this album omg

im taking the lyric translations slow. today im doing a pied piper appreciation AND I HEARD THEY MAKE FUN OF THE FANS A BIT YO IM FOR IT
with a fanbase that memes them at every chance i think it's healthy for them to poke back a little

a0c8b972cd.png

haven't seen the translations yet but i'll bet they make fun of all the theories people come up with

9 hours ago, Freohr Datia said:

the rest of the rap line being all smug and "pfft sure we're bad for you but it's not like you can actually resist us anyway"

im ded 

for like

the hundredth time

9 hours ago, Freohr Datia said:

and all this line distribution studying and lyric evaluating is proving that I have for sure fallen for the pied piper(s) >u>

me and you both

1 hour ago, Hashuni Mei said:

OH SCRAP I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THEM MENTIONING THE THEORIES

YES YOU WERE I DIDN'T WANT TO SPOIL IT FOR YOU but I was so amused watching you guess that much

1 hour ago, Hashuni Mei said:

someone said jimin's high note in let me know sounds like he's saying meow and now i can't unhear gosh darn it 

............ I.....

he is the calico cat.

have I ever mentioned in here yet how that search term skyrocketed in google trends when the trailer was released? (and in korean it did even more after he tweeted in korean calling himself a calico cat again)