What do you think Warrior's DLC will be?

Jonahtron

33 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

In Hyrule Warriors we had 3 initial packs (sold individually or as Season Pass (which came with Dark Link costume if bought), 4 costume packs, and 3 free DLC updates.

Hide contents

Ocarina of Time Costume Pack (Link & Zelda)

Twilight Princess Costume Pack (Link & Zelda)

Skyward Sword Costume Pack (Link & Zelda)

King of Evil Costume Pack (OoT & TP Ganondorf)

Update 1 - Playable Cia, Volga, and Wizzro (the game's OC villains)

amiibo Unlock - New Spinner Weapon for Link.

Master Quest - New Weapon for Link (Epona), new costumes for Cia & Lana, new Master Quest Adventure Map, new alt colours for characters unlockable (except DLC, includes Update 1 pack characters though).

Twilight Princess - New character Twili Midna (True Form Midna), Postman costume for Link, Ilia costume for Zelda (essentially almost playable Ilia), new Twilight Princess Adventure Map, new alt colours for characters unlockable (except DLC, includes Update 1 pack characters though).

Majora's Mask - New character Young Link/Fierce Diety, New character Tingle, OoT costumes for Sheik & Impa, Termina Adventure Map, Masked Costumes for Most Characters unlockable (except DLC & Link, includes Update 1 pack characters though), Fierce Diety costume for Link unlockable.

Boss Pack - New Playable Beast Ganondorf Mode, New Unlockable Giant Cucco Mode, Unlockable Boss Colours for Link, Zelda, Lana, & Cia, Cucco Colours Unlockable for Ganondorf.

Update 2 - Legends Announcement Gift Classic NES Costume for Link.

Update 3 - Free DLC Character Medli

Also packs released to download Legends characters & weapons into Wii U version.[/spoiler]

Then Legends released with its own Season Pass (which unlocked Ganondorf's Wind Waker robes costume) as well as individual packs, 1 update, and 1 unreleased outside of Japan costume. Legends itself included all previous DLC as unlockable content as well as brought in characters from Wind Waker (Toon Link, Tetra, King Daphnes), Skull Kid from Majora's Mask, and new OC Linkle. Ganondorf gained a new Trident Weapon.

Hide contents

Classic Link Costume - Only Released with Japanese Hyrule Gold Edition New Nintendo 3DS.

Update 1 - Free Medli DLC Character.

Master Quest Great Sea Pack - Master Quest Great Sea Adventure Map, New Unlockable Colours for Some Characters.

Link's Awakening Pack - New Playable Character Marin, New Boots Weapon for Linkle, Koholint Island Adventure Map, Unlockable Colours for Some Characters.

Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks Pack - New Character Toon Zelda (Spirit Zelda), New Sand Rod Weapon for Toon Link, Phantom Sea Adventure Map, Unlockable Colours for Some Characters.

Link Between Worlds Pack - New Character Ravio, New Character Yuga, Lorule Adventure Map, Unlockable Colours for Some Characters.

The Season Passes were fairly cheap.

With this as a template though, Hyrule Warriors added more content for Twilight Princess & kinda OoT & TP with the Epona weapon and then added content for OoT's direct sequel, Majora's Mask. Hyrule Warriors Legends was better at this, adding new content for Wind Waker and then as DLC adding new content for games not included or direct sequels to those already in the game (Free Medli DLC character & Phantom Hourglass map as the sole exceptions to that).

As such, DLC for Fire Emblem Warriors could go either route, adding more Awakening/Fates/Shadow Dragon, adding New Mystery of the Emblem content, or expanding into other games.

I do think that if Tharja isn't in the base game that she'll be a Free DLC Update character like Medli was.

thanks for your clarification

i completely forgot about free dlc, but i agree with you about tharja, azura and a few other characters being released for free

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Yexin said:

i honestly don't know why people think/hope dlc to be themed on SD, awakening and fates when we already have the vanilla game to mainly represent those games: having even more characters from those games would be unnecessarily redundant, imo

i mean, it's since we got to know that this game would've represented only 3 games, and neither equally, that people try to calm down angry/pissed fans with the "older characters will be dlc" excuse, and that's exactly what i want dlc to be: older characters who are not popular enough (in IntSys' mind) to get into the vanilla game

btw, i never played HW, so i don't know how they handled dlc with that game, but these are my hopes and thoughts

i think dlc packs will include the frightening "parade of lords" members, but i hope they only have 1 sword character, 2 at most, and the rest to be other weapons

what i hope is that dlc are continent/game/storyline themed, so i hope for a general "jugdral pack", or a "holy knight's army" pack, with characters like sigurd, quan, levin and the barbecue king arvis brigid, and a "light inheritors" pack with seliph, febail, arthur and altena, or even a thracia pack with finn, leif, the almighty  P U G I wielder and linoan or seti (if levin isn't added first)

then i hope for an elibe pack with eliwood, hector, klein, roy and lilina

the magvel pack could be eirika, ephraim, lute, innes and lyon

and the last one (not in terms of release) would be the tellius pack, with ike (i still hope he'll be in the base game), micaiah, boyd, shinon and gatrie (i'd LOVE to see some laguz, but let's face it, they won't make it in)

what i think it's more likely to happen, is at least one "more awakening and fates" pack: i know a lot of people would love to see tharja and azura, and vaike would make me very happy, but if they haven't been added in the base game in first place, there must be a reason and the reason is that they want people to pay for them

Hey, let's not kid ourselves, there's absolutely nothing Judgral getting in the game.

4 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

Hey, let's not kid ourselves, there's absolutely nothing Judgral getting in the game.

eh, i know it's very unlikely, but i still have a bit of hope for jugdral to at least have one dlc character...

who knows, maybe IntSys and koei will make us a big surprise and give us hannibal

Going to redo my DLC ideas here, since Lyn, Celica, and Navarre really changed things. Im going to say about 4 characters per pack if the clone/generic moveset theory is true.

Spoiler

First DLC Pack: Path of Radiance

Soren, Titania, Nephenee, Elincia. If Ike didnt make it to base game, replace Titania with Ike.

Second DLC Pack: Shadows of Valentia

Saber, Mae, Lukas, Tobin. If Alm didnt make it to the base roster, replace Tobin with Alm

Third DLC Pack: Elibe

Eliwood, Roy, Hector, Lilina

4th DLC Pack

Radiant Dawn

Micaiah, Haar, Sanaki,

5th pack

new gamemode

new history mode maps

Each pack would come with new history mode maps for the game they are from.

Spoiler

Path of Radiance

Moment of Fate

Shadows of Valentia

Zofia Castle

Elibe Pack

a map from FE6. Not sure what would be entirely iconic there, never played it.

Radiant Dawn

Elincia's Gambit or 3-13

5th pack

New history mode maps would be more maps in general, probably from a few of the base 3 games. Maybe a few outside of it too.

New weapons and costumes would also be included

12 hours ago, Yexin said:

i honestly don't know why people think/hope dlc to be themed on SD, awakening and fates when we already have the vanilla game to mainly represent those games: having even more characters from those games would be unnecessarily redundant, imo

i mean, it's since we got to know that this game would've represented only 3 games, and neither equally, that people try to calm down angry/pissed fans with the "older characters will be dlc" excuse, and that's exactly what i want dlc to be: older characters who are not popular enough (in IntSys' mind) to get into the vanilla game

btw, i never played HW, so i don't know how they handled dlc with that game, but these are my hopes and thoughts

i think dlc packs will include the frightening "parade of lords" members, but i hope they only have 1 sword character, 2 at most, and the rest to be other weapons

what i hope is that dlc are continent/game/storyline themed, so i hope for a general "jugdral pack", or a "holy knight's army" pack, with characters like sigurd, quan, levin and the barbecue king arvis brigid, and a "light inheritors" pack with seliph, febail, arthur and altena, or even a thracia pack with finn, leif, the almighty  P U G I wielder and linoan or seti (if levin isn't added first)

then i hope for an elibe pack with eliwood, hector, klein, roy and lilina

the magvel pack could be eirika, ephraim, lute, innes and lyon

and the last one (not in terms of release) would be the tellius pack, with ike (i still hope he'll be in the base game), micaiah, boyd, shinon and gatrie (i'd LOVE to see some laguz, but let's face it, they won't make it in)

what i think it's more likely to happen, is at least one "more awakening and fates" pack: i know a lot of people would love to see tharja and azura, and vaike would make me very happy, but if they haven't been added in the base game in first place, there must be a reason and the reason is that they want people to pay for them

I personally wanted DLC from those three games because, if three games are already going to have the focus, I'd rather keep the entire roster within those categories, including DLC. I'd prefer to let any different games have the focus in a possible sequel instead, so that then they could get more characters from their own worlds there instead. However, now that Lyn and probably Celica are in at the very least, I think they will probably go for a variety of DLC from other games instead. Depending on when the DLC is/will be made, I could definitely see at least a Shadows of Valentia pack, and an Elibe pack seems likely now too, but any others could easily be from any of the other games.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I personally wanted DLC from those three games because, if three games are already going to have the focus, I'd rather keep the entire roster within those categories, including DLC. I'd prefer to let any different games have the focus in a possible sequel instead, so that then they could get more characters from their own worlds there instead.

it makes sense for me, actually, and i understand it

i'd love to see a fe warriors with characters from every game, but i honestly (yeah, i like the word "honestly") think we won't get a sequel at all: from what i can see, there's a lot of peolpe enjoying it and appreciating the game for what it is, while another quite big group of people isn't gonna get this game, for different reasons

if things keep going like this, fe warriors won't sell enough to make IntSys and koei want to do a sequel, and that's why i'm personally not counting on the sequel option (and i'm pretty sure we'd see a lot of awakening/fates even in a potential sequel anyway, they're just too important to IntSys). The only way they could change this situation and gain people's hype and attention back, imo, is to make dlc with different characters from other games, even if there's the paywall, then there could be the chance of getting a sequel

that's just the way i see it

26 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I could definitely see at least a Shadows of Valentia pack

i forgot about SoV! yeah, i think a SoV pack is actually the most likely to happen, with characters like alm, mathilda/clive, delthea and silque/genny/tatiana (i just love them)

9 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i'd love to see a fe warriors with characters from every game, but i honestly (yeah, i like the word "honestly") think we won't get a sequel at all: from what i can see, there's a lot of peolpe enjoying it and appreciating the game for what it is, while another quite big group of people isn't gonna get this game, for different reasons

if things keep going like this, fe warriors won't sell enough to make IntSys and koei want to do a sequel, and that's why i'm personally not counting on the sequel option (and i'm pretty sure we'd see a lot of awakening/fates even in a potential sequel anyway, they're just too important to IntSys). The only way they could change this situation and gain people's hype and attention back, imo, is to make dlc with different characters from other games, even if there's the paywall, then there could be the chance of getting a sequel

that's just the way i see it

Unfortunately, I agree that a sequel isn't very likely, at least not anytime soon. On one hand, Fire Emblem still isn't near as popular as Zelda, so if any game would get a sequel on popularity, I'm almost certain it would be Hyrule Warriors. On the other hand, Fire Emblem seems like it could have more room for a sequel with its huge cast of characters, so if they decide to base a sequel on roster possibilities, Fire Emblem would be better (I think anyway, I admittedly don't have a lot of Zelda knowledge). This all assumes we get a sequel at all, instead of just making new crossover titles, which is also very possible. Either way, a sampling from other games in this FE Warriors would be nice in case a sequel doesn't happen.

16 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i forgot about SoV! yeah, i think a SoV pack is actually the most likely to happen, with characters like alm, mathilda/clive, delthea and silque/genny/tatiana (i just love them)

I'm still hopeful that, thanks to the possibilities that Navarre has opened up, we'll be getting characters like Alm, Eliwood, and Hector in the base game somewhere. I'm actually curious how they'll decide to handle the groups of DLC characters. Will they go for themed groups, like the Deliverance and the Greil Mercenaries? Or characters that just happen to be in the same game, like Tharja and Sumia, or Roy and Echidna? Assuming none of these are in the base game already, of course. That's probably my biggest wonder with what the DLC will be like.

31 minutes ago, Yexin said:

It also depends on how big the angry people are. Just because they're loud doesn't necessarily mean they're that big of a group.

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It also depends on how big the angry people are. Just because they're loud doesn't necessarily mean they're that big of a group.

I think it's almost certain that the silent majority is looking forward to this game. If Serenes Forest and other FE websites where there's dissatisfaction with the roster made up the entirety or even the majority of the FE fanbase, then Awakening and Fates wouldn't have sold like gangbusters. Plus there's likely going to be a lot of people who aren't even FE fans but enjoyed Hyrule Warriors or other Warriors games.

34 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

yeah, that's a decisive factor

while we can't know the exact amount of people actually not buying the game now, at release and in the future, IntSys shouldn't ignore that anyway: that's why i think they should take a step back from everything they said, forget about it and revise their marketing manouvers, at the cost of looking like hypocrites (it's always better to be hypocrite but being able to change your mind, instead of staying on your ideas and being completely blind to criticism)

the fact that they showed lyn could mean they actually listen to fans unless she was planned to be in the game since the beginning, so i think they're taking the right direction

personally, i don't care about their justifications on the game anymore: i don't care if there's too many sword characters, i don't care about the parade of lords excuse, i don't care about anything they say, i just want the game to be good and that people can get over all the flaws i see and still appreciate it

dlc could help me change my mind as well, that's why i'm looking forward to them more than the main game

Edited by Yexin

I'm of the opinion that they left out so many classic games just to make a sequel even more compelling to fans. Whether or not a sequel actually comes is anybody's guess at this point. Hyrule Warriors sold exceptionally well in the context of a Wii U game, but I like to think that was owed to so many Zelda fans installed on the system in anticipation of a true exclusive Zelda experience that had been teased on day one of the console. I'll be very interested in seeing if FEW can outsell HW. Of the six Warriors games out or announced to release for Switch in 2017, FEW is the only one releasing internationally, so there's nothing to go on right now to guess how much interest there is internationally for a Warriors game on this system.

I definitely think an Echoes pack is likely, whether or not that leak about Celica is true. And more packs for the already represented three games is plausible as well since Hyrule Warriors did it. Especially since I wager the team had to make a lot of cuts in order to accommodate all these "popularity" characters. 

Edited by Glennstavos

I really didn't want this game to have more than the three announced games, I understand the needs of older fans, but the packs, if they do them, will be too lacking., for example, if they make packs for each game I can't see laguz being in the Tellius one/s because Koei isn't going to make a moveset that can't be used by more than one character., but Tellius isn't Tellius without it's laguz to me.

7 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

I really didn't want this game to have more than the three announced games, I understand the needs of older fans, but the packs, if they do them, will be too lacking., for example, if they make packs for each game I can't see laguz being in the Tellius one/s because Koei isn't going to make a moveset that can't be used by more than one character., but Tellius isn't Tellius without it's laguz to me.

I definitely agree. The most likely will choose the most popular characters from Tellius if we get a PoR or RD pack. That means most likely characters like Nephenee, Micaiah, Elincia, etc. Not that I wouldnt want those characters, but I would rather Tellius be a main focus for a sequel so we get a good chunk of its characters.

I think the game outside of the main 3 that should get DLC is SoV. Its a small enough cast that throwing in a few characters would be enough, and its got a good potential for some unique characters like Lukas. Its also the most recent FE game release, so advertising it through Warriors isnt a bad idea.

Edited by Tolvir

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I definitely agree. The most likely will choose the most popular characters from Tellius if we get a PoR or RD pack. That means most likely characters like Nephenee, Micaiah, Elincia, etc. Laguz will be pretty low on the list of what to include.

I think the game outside of the main 3 that should get DLC is SoV. Its a small enough cast that throwing in a few characters would be enough, and its got a good potential for some unique characters like Lukas.

Yeah, SoV would be the exception to me too, I mean it happens not only in the same universe thAN SD and Awakening, but also at the same time than the first, and it's cast knows the Whitewings at least and nyna so there could be interesting conversations, and there aren't that many important characters.

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

yeah, that's a decisive factor

while we can't know the exact amount of people actually not buying the game now, at release and in the future, IntSys shouldn't ignore that anyway: that's why i think they should take a step back from everything they said, forget about it and revise their marketing manouvers, at the cost of looking like hypocrites (it's always better to be hypocrite but being able to change your mind, instead of staying on your ideas and being completely blind to criticism)

the fact that they showed lyn could mean they actually listen to fans unless she was planned to be in the game since the beginning, so i think they're taking the right direction

personally, i don't care about their justifications on the game anymore: i don't care if there's too many sword characters, i don't care about the parade of lords excuse, i don't care about anything they say, i just want the game to be good and that people can get over all the flaws i see and still appreciate it

dlc could help me change my mind as well, that's why i'm looking forward to them more than the main game

I think it's a bit too late to change that tactic now. Besides, adding a few here an there (like Lyn) only serves to open a can of worms because then it becomes "where's Ike?" and if he gets in it becomes "Where's Roy?" and so on and so forth. Honestly, they probably never should have opened that can with Lyn, especially not so close to release.

24 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I think it's a bit too late to change that tactic now. Besides, adding a few here an there (like Lyn) only serves to open a can of worms because then it becomes "where's Ike?" and if he gets in it becomes "Where's Roy?" and so on and so forth. Honestly, they probably never should have opened that can with Lyn, especially not so close to release.

sadly, yes, it's late for them to change their tactic, but i still have hope: if they won't, i won't get mad, neither be disappointed

about the "worms can" situation, maybe they did it intentionally to imply that characters like ike, roy, hector and ephraim are gonna be in the game, someway? it's unlikely, but possible, who knows

Edited by Yexin

6 minutes ago, Yexin said:

sadly, yes, it's late for them to change their tactic, but i still have hope: if they won't, i won't get mad, neither be disappointed

about the "worms can" situation, maybe they did it intentionally to imply that characters like ike, roy, hector and ephraim are gonna be in the game, someway? it's unlikely, but possible, who knows

Except they'll never be satisfied. Ephraim is unlikely at best.

And even if they did go with older games, who would they pick? They may have popular lords, but that's about it (if you're going by the CYL, the highest ranking pre-3DS non main characters were Dorcus and Lute, and they were as high as they were thanks to memes). Awakening and Fates both have much more popular characters as a whole, and that's important if you want an expanded roster. Really, Awakening and Fates are the best suited for something like this.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Except they'll never be satisfied. Ephraim is unlikely at best.

And even if they did go with older games, who would they pick? They may have popular lords, but that's about it (if you're going by the CYL, the highest ranking pre-3DS non main characters were Dorcus and Lute, and they were as high as they were thanks to memes). Awakening and Fates both have much more popular characters as a whole, and that's important if you want an expanded roster. Really, Awakening and Fates are the best suited for something like this.

I would say remakes and rereleases will change that. Gaiden was easily the least popular game in the series, but thanks to a remake it is far more relevant now, and people love the characters. Keep in mind CYL was before SoV. I am willing to bet if the CYL poll happened now that the results would be different.

Considering a FE Warriors 2 would come at 2020-2022 at the earliest, we should have a few remakes and re releases between then. I can easily see a FE7/6 remake and a PoR and RD release to VC on Switch. Throw in FE Switch and you have 3 games to focus on right there.

Edited by Tolvir

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

I would say remakes and rereleases will change that. Gaiden was easily the least popular game in the series, but thanks to a remake it is far more relevant now, and people love the characters. Keep in mind CYL was before SoV. I am willing to bet if the CYL poll happened now, the results would be different.

Considering a FE Warriors 2 would come at 2020-2022 at the earliest, we should have a few remakes and re releases between then. I can easily see a FE7/6 remake and a PoR and RD release to VC on Switch. Throw in FE Switch and you have 3 games to focus on right there.

Given how SoV did not perform to Awakening and Fates standards (yes, I know it shouldn't be expected to, but IS and Nintendo don't necessarily care about that) and I think they said they have no scheduled remakes in the pipeline (even if the guy behind Echoes wants to do one), I wouldn't count on a ton of remakes. We might get one by then. Also, who are these people that love the characters? Because if it's just forums talking, that means very little.

18 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Given how SoV did not perform to Awakening and Fates standards (yes, I know it shouldn't be expected to, but IS and Nintendo don't necessarily care about that) and I think they said they have no scheduled remakes in the pipeline (even if the guy behind Echoes wants to do one), I wouldn't count on a ton of remakes. We might get one by then. Also, who are these people that love the characters? Because if it's just forums talking, that means very little.

I think you underestimate how business look at successes and sales. Bethesda struck gold with Skyrim, do you think they looked down on Wolfenstein because it wasnt as big of a success? No. These companies have estimates, they estimate how a particular title will sell. The only time a title is measured to another is when its a sequel, but even then SoV didnt qualify as such considering it was a remake of a relatively unpopular game. If FE Switch doesnt meet Fates and Awakening's sale numbers, that would be bad in the eyes of IS and Nintendo, not SoV not reaching it..

And sure they said no scheduled remakes in the pipeline, but considering we have about 4-5 years before a new Warriors release, we have no idea what is in store. And if we only get one remake that is all we need before then. And while they said there was no remake down the pipeline, I guarantee if you went back to 5 years ago IS would of said the same regarding SoV. 5 years is a lot of time in the business world. Companies also keep a lot of secrets in case the project fails or is too early in development to even worry about advertising yet. Just because they said there was none scheduled doesnt mean they were being truthful. Fallout 4 came out of nowhere in terms of release, being announced literally months before release. Just because they said there was nothing planned doesnt mean there is literally nothing. Early concepts and discussions do exist.

As far as forums go, they may not be the most reliable but we dont exactly have any other way to determine how popular the characters were.

I fully agree that Awakening and Fates were obvious and probably the best choices for a Warriors game, but I do think the older games will work just fine given a remake or re release. Add in the fact that a FE Warriors 2 would release after FE Switch, and you have at least the most recent entry to throw in with two older entries.

Edited by Tolvir

49 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I think you underestimate how business look at successes and sales. Bethesda struck gold with Skyrim, do you think they looked down on Wolfenstein because it wasnt as big of a success? No. These companies have estimates, they estimate how a particular title will sell. The only time a title is measured to another is when its a sequel, but even then SoV didnt qualify as such considering it was a remake of a relatively unpopular game. If FE Switch doesnt meet Fates and Awakening's sale numbers, that would be bad in the eyes of IS and Nintendo, not SoV not reaching it..

And sure they said no scheduled remakes in the pipeline, but considering we have about 4-5 years before a new Warriors release, we have no idea what is in store. And if we only get one remake that is all we need before then. And while they said there was no remake down the pipeline, I guarantee if you went back to 5 years ago IS would of said the same regarding SoV. 5 years is a lot of time in the business world. Companies also keep a lot of secrets in case the project fails or is too early in development to even worry about advertising yet. Just because they said there was none scheduled doesnt mean they were being truthful. Fallout 4 came out of nowhere in terms of release, being announced literally months before release. Just because they said there was nothing planned doesnt mean there is literally nothing. Early concepts and discussions do exist.

As far as forums go, they may not be the most reliable but we dont exactly have any other way to determine how popular the characters were.

I fully agree that Awakening and Fates were obvious and probably the best choices for a Warriors game, but I do think the older games will work just fine given a remake or re release. Add in the fact that a FE Warriors 2 would release after FE Switch, and you have at least the most recent entry to throw in with two older entries.

Nintendo's weird though.

Anyways, I'm also not convinced that we'll be getting 7 or Tellius since if SoV was anything to go by, they're going to try to revitalize less popular games first, preferably ones that never got a Western release. In my opinion, Genealogy would make sense since they could utilize the modern child mechanic with the generation gap. Though the large incest themes might hinder it in the West since, well, that's weird.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Nintendo's weird though.

Anyways, I'm also not convinced that we'll be getting 7 or Tellius since if SoV was anything to go by, they're going to try to revitalize less popular games first, preferably ones that never got a Western release. In my opinion, Genealogy would make sense since they could utilize the modern child mechanic with the generation gap. Though the large incest themes might hinder it in the West since, well, that's weird.

Nintendo is weird, but they arent idiots. 

I dont think Tellius will get a remake for some time. All I was saying was a literal re release, since it is a Wii/Gamecube game that released in the US and is incredibly hard to get. The 2 western releases of FE on GBA along with SD got released on VC already, only a matter of time before Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance get their chance.

As far as remakes go, I actually fully agree. I think the next two in line would be Geneaology and hopefully Thracia. A lot of people are asking for remakes of those, and on top of it they are really unknown to the West. We already have Roy due to Smash, introducing a character that is otherwise unknown wouldnt be a bad move at all. It would be like a whole new game release to the US/Europe, no different than SoV.

Edited by Tolvir

Call me selfish if you want, but I can't be bothered to care about what perceived negative consequences Lyn's inclusion in the roster may or may not have because some people also want X or Y character.

All I know is that I finally got a character I truly enjoy to play as in this game, whereas I struggled to muster up enthusiasm for any of the alternatives before. Or to be more accurate, I got THE character I've always wanted. I now have an actual reason to be at the game store Day 1 and gladly pick this up, and surely I'm far from the only one.