Nintendo Direct Sept. 13th - Discussion and Reveals

Anacybele

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godammit, I have a class in 2 hours (fuck my life lol). Sucks that I won't be able to watch it live with the joycon boyz (Yeh I'm an Etika fan over here), but my predictions for the Nintendo Direct:

1.) A Fire Emblem Switch tease 

2.) Announcement of DLC for FE Warriors

3.) Smash Switch Reveal + New characters announced

4.) F-Zero for Switch, (We need another F-Zero game, can I hear a hell ya?)

5.) Possible FE 8 Echoes remake? Or the most probable one would be Binding Blade + Blazing Blade in one game, that'd be hype.

6.) Info on Xenoblade Chronicles 2

7.) A New Mario Party (that goes back to it's original routes)

8.) Info on Metroid Prime 4

9.) New line of amiibo 

10.) Legend of Zelda BoTW DLC info

11.) Sonic Forces

12.) Sonic Riders 4 as a Switch/3DS release (Please Sega)

13.) Animal Crossing for Mobile

14.) Some kind of new Legend of Zelda spin off game for 3DS 

And that's all for now! What do you guys think?

44 minutes ago, BlazingMage said:

Godammit, I have a class in 2 hours (fuck my life lol). Sucks that I won't be able to watch it live with the joycon boyz (Yeh I'm an Etika fan over here), but my predictions for the Nintendo Direct:

5.) Possible FE 8 Echoes remake? Or the most probable one would be Binding Blade + Blazing Blade in one game, that'd be hype.

9.) New line of amiibo 

11.) Sonic Forces

You're putting a bunch of high expectations if those are your predictions and not simply "wants". Keep in mind that only releases for the 3DS and Switch over the next few months will be covered.

1 hour ago, BlazingMage said:

9.) New line of amiibo 

11.) Sonic Forces

You're forgetting Super Mario Odyssey. That was confirmed to be in the Direct.

I highly doubt we'll see any FE remakes. If any new FE games are shown, it'll be FE Switch. We still know nothing about it other than that it exists.

F-Zero is very unlikely too. That series seems dead.

That was a pretty piss poor Direct.

I only liked Odyssey and Pokemon out of it. Nothing else interested me at all. No playable Luigi in Odyssey still. And fucking Lyn in Warriors instead of Ike or even Roy? Fuck that.

Edited by Anacybele

I like how the one thing I missed was the Warriors bit.

Just saying, since the leaks might as well be real at this point... Warriors has had the worst PR I've seen out of any game, period. Totally can't wait for the shitstorm that happens because of it.

Negativity aside, Octopath Traveler looks beautiful and Kirby Star Allies is 100/10 best game simply for swole Dedede.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

I like how the one thing I missed was the Warriors bit.

Just saying, since the leaks might as well be real at this point... Warriors has had the worst PR I've seen out of any game, period. Totally can't wait for the shitstorm that happens because of it.

Negativity aside, Octopath Traveler looks beautiful and Kirby Star Allies is 100/10 best game simply for swole Dedede.

Also for the Waddle Dee boulder.  Don't forget that.

Though, when they say "new" dark menace, it makes me worry that they're not actually going to use Dark Matter as the antagonist and resort to a worse re-hash.

The Kirby and Mario Party stuff was pretty cool, and at least Warriors had... something... but the rest was meh for me.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Also for the Waddle Dee boulder.  Don't forget that.

Though, when they say "new" dark menace, it makes me worry that they're not actually going to use Dark Matter as the antagonist and resort to a worse re-hash.

Maybe this time we'll get a Marx repeat that's also a Dark Matter clone. I love Magolor's battle theme, but the Marx vibes were just a bit too on the nose for me.

The biggest highlight for me in this Direct was the Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Trailer was a bit long but at least we finally learned stuff about the plot. I love how each Titan has it's own society on it. The environments look amazing. Voice acting could still use some work but ehh.

Also, i love how that small Titan Rex was on is literally Not The King of Red Lions.

And confirmed, the game IS coming out this year. December 1st, 2017 to be exact. Looking forward to it.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And fucking Lyn in Warriors instead of Ike or even Roy? Fuck that.

Roy may have been beside Marth in Melee, but Lyn was the first lord people were properly introduced to in Western FE. She is nearly as important as Marth is to the series as it pertains to Westerners. Ike is reserved for DLC, and I don't see how Roy is more important than Lyn all things considered, and she fills the myrmidon archetype a lot better than Ryoma does (and I'm willing to bet she has some form of bow attack also). 

Anyway, I wasn't disappointed. Probably because there were things I wasn't expecting.

8 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Roy may have been beside Marth in Melee, but Lyn was the first lord people were properly introduced to in Western FE. She is nearly as important as Marth is to the series as it pertains to Westerners. Ike is reserved for DLC, and I don't see how Roy is more important than Lyn all things considered, and she fills the myrmidon archetype a lot better than Ryoma does (and I'm willing to bet she has some form of bow attack also). 

Anyway, I wasn't disappointed. Probably because there were things I wasn't expecting.

Ike is arguably the most popular FE character and has been in two Smash games. He's also won multiple polls, which IS even pointed Koei to. He deserves to be in the base FE Warriors game just as much as Lyn does. Ike also brings the mercenary fighting style which isn't even in the game yet.

Also, Navarre is apparently in and he definitely fills the myrm/swordmaster archtype.

Edited by Anacybele

Personal Highlights

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
I picked up M&L:SS on the Wii U for points one day and loved it. While I am still a fan of pixel art over 3D models, I would like to pick this up at some point to replay the game.

Layton's Mystery Journey
I never got to play a Layton game proper even though I love the franchise. I hope to pick this up eventually alongside the other titles (and then catch up on all the Ace Attorney games too...)

Mario Party: The Top 100
I used to be a die-hard Mario Party fan, buying every single mainline Mario Party game. However, 8's host lowered my enthusiasm for the series, while everything beyond that straight out killed the franchise. Seeing some of the classic mini-games makes me happy, but I really wish there was a larger collection of the "best mini-games" throughout the series. Either way, this is something I will be looking into.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
The environment looks amazing as always and I know the music is in good hands, but I am still not sold on the combat style and the voiceovers. I loved the combat in the original Xenoblade and in X, and so far this iteration does not impress me. Then, there is the voice acting. While I appreciate the diversity of voices, some of them sound pretty bad.

Fire Emblem Warriors
Everything I thought I knew was thrown out the window with Lyn's reveal. Most of my musing on FEW is found in its respective subforum, but for now, I am done speculating. I'll just keep up with the news and leaks as it develops because I have no idea what the devs are thinking anymore.

Project Octopath Traveler (Working Title)
I am extremely interested in this game and would love to play the demo, but I do not have a Switch. Either way, definitely something I would like to get some day (alongside The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, I haven't gotten around to those two titles yet...)

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

I loved the combat in the original Xenoblade and in X, and so far this iteration does not impress me.

If you haven't already, i recommend checking out the Gamescom footage of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. They explain the semi-new combat system better there. Today's trailer didn't properly explain the combat imo.

55 minutes ago, Sire said:

(alongside The Last Story

If you want an opinion on this before you buy... (no actual spoilers, I'm just concealing my opinion if you don't want it)

Spoiler

The game is rather experimental. Not the most experimental of games, but it tried a bunch of new ideas out in gameplay, also a couple in the plot (which is rather standard) and world. Unfortunately, the execution wasn't always perfect- not FFVIII Junction system + enemy leveling bad- but things were more simplistic than they should've been. The online multiplayer (now shut down) idea was like the main gameplay- good ideas, but it could've used some refinement. I forget the music, but the visuals, which are nice and well done most of the time, clearly pushed the limits of the Wii at some points- to the point of visibly straining things.

I'd really like a sequel to hammer out the issues of the game, and make a Last Story that would truly shine.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

If you haven't already, i recommend checking out the Gamescom footage of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. They explain the semi-new combat system better there. Today's trailer didn't properly explain the combat imo.

Is it Gamescom or Pax West 2017? If it is the Pax West, I may have watched it but I forgot the specifics as I just had it playing in the background (re-listening to it now).

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you want an opinion on this before you buy... (no actual spoilers, I'm just concealing my opinion if you don't want it)

Hide contents

The game is rather experimental. Not the most experimental of games, but it tried a bunch of new ideas out in gameplay, also a couple in the plot (which is rather standard) and world. Unfortunately, the execution wasn't always perfect- not FFVIII Junction system + enemy leveling bad- but things were more simplistic than they should've been. The online multiplayer (now shut down) idea was like the main gameplay- good ideas, but it could've used some refinement. I forget the music, but the visuals, which are nice and well done most of the time, clearly pushed the limits of the Wii at some points- to the point of visibly straining things.

I'd really like a sequel to hammer out the issues of the game, and make a Last Story that would truly shine.

I don't mind it being experimental and having some flaws. I heard good things about The Last Story and always wanted to pick it up since I followed Operation Rainfall pretty heavily back during their little localization campaign. (Now I use them as my primary gaming news site.)

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

Is it Gamescom or Pax West 2017? If it is the Pax West, I may have watched it but I forgot the specifics as I just had it playing in the background (re-listening to it now).

Gamescom. Here's the Xenoblade 2 portion of the stream

Well the stream was good for me.

Started off strong with pokemon. Lagged so I missed Minecraft but whatever. Excited for the upcoming BotW dlc, along with Xenoblade 2. That Octopath Traveler looks interesting. OMG IT'S LYN (plus the european lack of photoshop has made my day). Surprised Doom and Wolfenstien 2 are coming to switch of all things. And finished strongly with Mario Odyssey. Also when did Dedede get ripped cause dammmn that's looking like a buff penguin.