Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yup. Timing is really weird. But a lot of Cordelia's thing shows that even when married, she never truly gets over Chrom. Likely cause Chrom is her first love. Now, my only question is... why? Why does she love him so much? Like even Sumia shows that she likes Chrom because he's the strong independent leader of the Shepherds and is like an idol when compared to her and her clumsy self. I get the annoyance with how she's forced to be Chrom's partner in marriage, but I don't think bashing her character is the way to go about it.

Pretty much. Also, Frederick would make a great parent. He pretty much had to deal with two kids his entire life. XD

That's just it. You don't have to LIKE the character at all. Like say that I wasn't an Ike fan and it was Lucina vs Ike. I would be on Lucina's side, but I wouldn't go and bash Ike or his character, because there are plenty of ways on doing that. Ike is by no means flawless, so one can make insulting remarks to him and his fanbase. However, doing that is petty and doesn't do anything to help your character at all. If anything, you can consider that a form of bullying. Which is sad.

I like to think Cordelia does get over Chrom though... But yeah.

Yeah, Freddy would be a good dad! An overprotective one, but a good one nonetheless. And nobody's perfect anyway. :P

Yeah, exactly!

To others who quoted me, about the boob jiggle thing, eh...well, whatevs then. xP

5 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I would hate to see those other Fire Emblem places

The subreddit's just a tick below SF, IMO (it has really cleaned up over the past year). It just tends to be a bit more cynical/stubborn, but there aren't any regular jackasses or anything.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

What is it with you people and ruining things for me?! xD

I played that game for years and never noticed until now :O Was that in the European edition, too? 

Although, to be fair, I usually focussed on Eliwood and Hector and never so much on Lyn. Is it only in her promoted sprite or is it in all? Still can't believe I didn't notice, though xD 

If people would stop pointing these things out, I might be able to keep on playing untainted. Now I'm going to be playing staring at her chest, it feels >< And again, it's so over the top. I guess on a tiny screen, and for the fraction of the time it shows, I just didn't spot it. Oh well. I'll just keep using Eliwood and Hector anyway ^.^

I'm not the best source since my FE7 experience is with a EU VC release of Blazing Blade, but I noticed it while playing and went "Oh. Oh."

I mostly go "Pfft." when I see it and then I try to make a half-hearted attempt at muffling my amusement on how silly it is.

Then again I'm just as likely to look at lads and ladies alike in equal measure so uh...that probably plays a part in my reactiob being amused rather than anything else.

The negativity at Lyn's announcement is ridiculous.

Here are the facts:

• No, Ike doesn't deserve to be in the game more than Lyn and no, even if Ike wasn't in the game, that's not Lyn's fault. It's incredibly stupid to be pissed off or dislike Lyn as if the developers weren't the ones to blame. 
  • The fact that they're backtracking is a GOOD thing. The regiment guidelines they placed on character inclusion was terrible and I'm glad the developers grew a brain and went against it, considering the huge backlash that isolated a large section of the Fire Emblem audience.
  • No, this doesn't mean the box art "leak" is true. Similar to the 'Smash leak' people jumped on for being true because it had some people right, despite having silly inclusions like Chorus Men.
  • Actually looking at the updated sprite, the boxart leak does use the same sprite. That's a wrap folks!
Edited by SlipperySlippy

Just now, ChickenBits said:

The way this forum strayed off from the main topic is hilarious. We go from confused/bitter/happy fans reaction to boob physics. What? ?

Eventually, all conversations turn to boobs xD 

At least in my worldly experience... 

1 minute ago, Tactician_Iris said:

I'm not the best source since my FE7 experience is with a EU VC release of Blazing Blade, but I noticed it while playing and went "Oh. Oh."

I mostly go "Pfft." when I see it and then I try to make a half-hearted attempt at muffling my amusement on how silly it is.

Then again I'm just as likely to look at lads and ladies alike in equal measure so uh...that probably plays a part in my reactiob being amused rather than anything else.

Ahh, if it's in there then it probably was in the original release. I just didn't notice... I'll say tiny screen and probably not looking in that particular area xD 

Just now, ChickenBits said:

The way this forum strayed off from the main topic is hilarious. We go from confused/bitter/happy fans reaction to boob physics. What? ?

I'll admit, I got a chuckle out of the sudden turnabout myself.

I'm pretty apathetic-leaning-towards-disapproving in regard to jiggle physics but it's almost worth having it on Lyn just for the sudden shock when everybody noticed it.

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Well personally I think talking about boobs is a step up from complaining about the roster.

And I needed to get over Azura somehow

3 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I mean, I always found boob physics to be funny considering how exaggerated they are.

I'd also take this over saltiness any day.

Well it certainly beats bitterness and salt though. XD

And I'm hella sleep deprived and can't sleep so my brain is mush rn.

4 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'll admit, I got a chuckle out of the sudden turnabout myself.

I'm pretty apathetic-leaning-towards-disapproving in regard to jiggle physics but it's almost worth having it on Lyn just for the sudden shock when everybody noticed it.

same. i dont like those things but the one on lyn just looks funny and at least it made me feel slightly better from the slight salt i had

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Well personally I think talking about boobs is a step up from complaining about the roster.

And I needed to get over Azura somehow

It's normally a topic that doesn't interest me much, normally, but it gave me some good laughs tonight :D 

And yes, it saved me from dwelling on the odd turn about of the roster. I don't agree it's a good thing for many reasons mentioned (despite what others may say - everyone has their own opinion on it), but what's happening is happening and there's no way I'm not buying this game so I'm trying not to let it bother me overly. 

In the end, I'll just be a lot happier if/when they finally announce some SD characters officially. And I'll probably be very disappointed if it really does just turn out to be Marth, Caeda and Tiki. Hence really hoping Navarre, in the least, is a real, playable character. 

Actually, that was my intention when I first talked about It, changing the topic is much better than saying "don't complain". 

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I like to think Cordelia does get over Chrom though... But yeah.

Yeah, Freddy would be a good dad! An overprotective one, but a good one nonetheless. And nobody's perfect anyway. :P

Yeah, exactly!

To others who quoted me, about the boob jiggle thing, eh...well, whatevs then. xP

Yeah, but hard to tell. But then again, if Chrom's her first love, you never really get over that. 

Yup. So if F!Robin isn't married to him, I forget, who did you pair him with? 

It isn't like everyone has to have the same likes. We all have our own tastes and preferences. Like, I love Lucina, you don't. I like Lyn, you don't. Do I insult your characters or you for it? Pft, like hell I would. I respect your likes, and appreciate them as well. And you do the same in return. Why? Because we like Fire Emblem itself. 

LOL XD I think they'll fix it. Hopefully.  

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, but hard to tell. But then again, if Chrom's her first love, you never really get over that. 

Yup. So if F!Robin isn't married to him, I forget, who did you pair him with? 

It isn't like everyone has to have the same likes. We all have our own tastes and preferences. Like, I love Lucina, you don't. I like Lyn, you don't. Do I insult your characters or you for it? Pft, like hell I would. I respect your likes, and appreciate them as well. And you do the same in return. Why? Because we like Fire Emblem itself. 

LOL XD I think they'll fix it. Hopefully.  

I did marry female Robin to Freddy though! lol My sig even says that's one of my OTPs. XD

Yeah, I wish more fans were like you. I could probably be a better fan myself, though, honestly.

13 minutes ago, ThatOneGalAutumn said:

While not specifically Fire Emblem places, I've seen much worse on places like Youtube and Twitter. This place has kinda become my hideout from there.

I'm honestly surprise how different the reaction on here is to those kind of websites. It's honestly baffling.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I did marry female Robin to Freddy though! lol My sig even says that's one of my OTPs. XD

Yeah, I wish more fans were like you. I could probably be a better fan myself, though, honestly.

I meant who would you marry Frederick if not F!Robin. XD

I wouldn't say I'm the best or ideal fan. But I certainly hope that I'm at least not a toxic one like others. I mean, I absolutely HATE Ephraim, probably even more than Corrin. But I get along well with Zerk, a guy on YouTube that loves Sacred Stones and Ephraim. I respect his reasons to like Ephraim. I just cannot find myself to like the guy. 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I meant who would you marry Frederick if not F!Robin. XD

I wouldn't say I'm the best or ideal fan. But I certainly hope that I'm at least not a toxic one like others. I mean, I absolutely HATE Ephraim, probably even more than Corrin. But I get along well with Zerk, a guy on YouTube that loves Sacred Stones and Ephraim. I respect his reasons to like Ephraim. I just cannot find myself to like the guy. 

Oh! Cordelia. lol I feel she needs a guy like him and I mostly really like their support. Frederick is also very fitting as Severa's dad.

Nah, you're not toxic at all! You even made me feel better, remember? And Ephraim is another character we have vastly different opinions on, it seems. xP I really like him a lot.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh! Cordelia. lol I feel she needs a guy like him and I mostly really like their support. Frederick is also very fitting as Severa's dad.

Nah, you're not toxic at all! You even made me feel better, remember? And Ephraim is another character we have vastly different opinions on, it seems. xP I really like him a lot.

Ah. Yeah, especially since Frederick is acquainted with Phila as well. They do talk about her, so of course they would get along with that. And Frederick being slightly doting but strict in other situations fits her as well. Plus, he totally fits being called "Daddy" by Severa. XD

I had a feeling you did. XD

But see? How many differences do we share in opinions and tastes, but we get along and talk about the greatness of our characters rather than bashing the other's? That's how I think fans should be like.

50 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Yeah, but I thought the toxicity only got bad after semis and only with Camilla (who even though I do not like, did not deserve the kind of hate she received) and her supporters. I knew Lucina wasn't the most popular character here in this forum, but really? It's not like Lucina threatened to steal a victory from Lyn either, it was clear Lyn would win the entire time. That is just plain rubbing salt in the wound.

To be fair, Lyn vs. Lucina was probably one of the closest matches and had things been a little different, Lucina may have won. I just wish I didn't have to feel like Lyn's going to come and replace Lucina after all this.

39 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I've tried making the same movements myself. Granted, I have no sword and I don't think I'm as big as that, but mine have not moved in anywhere near the same manner. 

...Maybe mine are broken... xD 

If anything, I think it's the other way around.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

To be fair, Lyn vs. Lucina was probably one of the closest matches and had things been a little different, Lucina may have won. I just wish I didn't have to feel like Lyn's going to come and replace Lucina after all this.

Come now, don't go into that line of thinking. Just because Lucy lost doesn't make her any less popular than she already is. No one's replacing anyone

13 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The Lyn and Lucina voting gauntlet wasn't close though, Lyn had a notable lead throughout the entire match.

Lyn and Ike (would) have been close looking at the overall (Lyn's 4,958,065,830 vs. Ike's 4,952,135,991)