FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest I was hoping for some shadow dragon announcements, but I can tolerate Celica, her being a Marth clone is off for me, but overall I'm happy she's in, looks like the leak with the boxart is true. So predicting it early, day 3 of TGS will reveal either Tiki or Caeda (hoping both but if it is a single reveal probably one of those two) also Anna has been added to the boxart of the playable characters so confirmed?

3 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I'll be honest I was hoping for some shadow dragon announcements, but I can tolerate Celica, her being a Marth clone is off for me, but overall I'm happy she's in, looks like the leak with the boxart is true. So predicting it early, day 3 of TGS will reveal either Tiki or Caeda (hoping both but if it is a single reveal probably one of those two) also Anna has been added to the boxart of the playable characters so confirmed

She b a clone of Lissa would she not? This would imply that they would actually put effort something if they did make her unique.

Edited by Zangetsu

3 minutes ago, LoboKD001 said:

Hmm i thought the weapon triangle effects how fast/slow the weakness gauge goes down and maybe also dmg on boss/captain characters?

I dont think it affects the little minions though?

Let's be honest, it'd be intolerable if it applied to the minions. "Is that a sword or a lance?"

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Well, what bow user would you put in? It comes down to Takumi, Innes and maybe Jeorge or Evyel.

I think you're still pretty hung up on the "Too many swords=bad" thing. Really, the weapon triangle is rooted in fast versus bulky versus whatever lances are, so why not choose a system where someone like the light Lyn has an advantage over the bulky Ike, where he has an advantage over the intermediate Ephraim? The weapon triangle has only brought this game into disrepute whether it was followed religiously or disregarded in favour of popularity, so why are we still pretending it's a good idea?

Let's see... Innes kinda isn't happy being all by himself so if I'd put him in, we'd have to include Tana at least. Takumi is important, has established major relationships, and wields a prf bow, but he should also come in a set with Leo by association. Jeorge could technically work, Eyvel unfortunately comes from a game that should probably be saved for last.

Because taking it away and doing something like what you said still doesn't solve the issue in how there's so many blatant swords, and say what you want about the Fire Emblem Weapon Triangle, but one thing it did and still does in this game is making Axes and Lances as important as swords, even if there aren't that many characters wielding them yet.

Also, how would a Weight triangle system work if the user is mounted, has dragon powers, etc. etc.

1 minute ago, LoboKD001 said:

Hmm i thought the weapon triangle effects how fast/slow the weakness gauge goes down and maybe also dmg on boss/captain characters?

I dont think it affects the little minions though?

It affects how fast you whittle down the WPG AND also how much damage you do to opponents whose weapons interact with yours, yes. Pick the right character for the job (but mind people with weapons that do supereffective damage to your unit type).

But yes, I don't think they affect the little minions.

Let's be honest, it'd be intolerable if it applied to the minions. "Is that a sword or a lance?"

But all sword users uses the same swords, according to people, anyways.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

She b a clone of Lissa would she not? This would imply that they would actually put effort something if they did make her unique.

I honestly have no idea who you're referring to. I went off the Serenes announcement of this and it said that Celica appears to fight like Marth. I mean HW did a clone with Link and Toon Link, same style and similar attack chain, just different specials and stuff.

Okay I know people are mad at Koei Tecmo for bad PR on this game and whatnot, probably rightfully so, but can we please not fill up this thread about it, this thread is about warriors at TGS and talking about the content at it. If you want to complain about Koei Tecmo and this game, I'm certain there's hundreds of forums stored within this section where you can do so. Let me say that I'm not trying to infringe on anyone's free speech, just it's annoying hearing it everywhere I go to genuinely talk about warriors and it's always the same things being said, just about the newest thing. Ah who am I kidding, 99% of the discussion about this game is hate on it. Still not stopping me from buying it.

But all sword users uses the same swords, according to people, anyways.

It's a matter of them being too small to see. If you told me the Stalchildren and Stalfos used their own ribs as weapons rather than some kind of blade, I'd believe you, because I certainly wasn't looking.

5 minutes ago, Folt said:

Because taking it away and doing something like what you said still doesn't solve the issue in how there's so many blatant swords, and say what you want about the Fire Emblem Weapon Triangle, but one thing it did and still does in this game is making Axes and Lances as important as swords, even if there aren't that many characters wielding them yet.

Also, how would a Weight triangle system work if the user is mounted, has dragon powers, etc. etc.

Because I've been mad-libsing alternative triangles all along anyway. Affinities along the lines of Wind-Fire-Thunder could work (I see Lyn as Wind, Ike as Fire, Ephraim as Thunder, for example). You could probably individually tailor weaknesses, such that Tiki is weak to Marth but not Ike, for example.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

It's a matter of them being too small to see. If you told me the Stalchildren and Stalfos used their own ribs as weapons rather than some kind of blade, I'd believe you, because I certainly wasn't looking.

Because I've been mad-libsing alternative triangles all along anyway. Affinities along the lines of Wind-Fire-Thunder could work (I see Lyn as Wind, Ike as Fire, Ephraim as Thunder, for example). You could probably individually tailor weaknesses, such that Tiki is weak to Marth but not Ike, for example.

But then it'd be too similiar to Hyrule Warriors, and it's not like Marth is forced to use the Falchion all the time.

2 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I honestly have no idea who you're referring to. I went off the Serenes announcement of this and it said that Celica appears to fight like Marth. I mean HW did a clone with Link and Toon Link, same style and similar attack chain, just different specials and stuff.

Okay I know people are mad at Koei Tecmo for bad PR on this game and whatnot, probably rightfully so, but can we please not fill up this thread about it, this thread is about warriors at TGS and talking about the content at it. If you want to complain about Koei Tecmo and this game, I'm certain there's hundreds of forums stored within this section where you can do so. Let me say that I'm not trying to infringe on anyone's free speech, just it's annoying hearing it everywhere I go to genuinely talk about warriors and it's always the same things being said, just about the newest thing. Ah who am I kidding, 99% of the discussion about this game is hate on it. Still not stopping me from buying it.

I"m actually serious about Anna playing like Lissa, since they're low on ax users. I would love it if Anna fought as composite of her past incarnations. But since this community hates this game's existence I might as well join them. Can't be that black sheep you know?

But good for you for having the ability to still enjoy a Fire Emblem. Pretty sad the most chill out part of this community is the free to play game's side.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

But all sword users uses katana,  are you telling me there are more than one way to use a sword & there's more than one kind of sword?

But all sword users uses katana,  are you telling me there are more than one way to use a sword & there's more than one kind of sword?

...Actually, no. I'm telling you that I'm not going to be intently studying which weapon a horde of enemies I'll cut down like firewood happen to be holding. They're too small for it to be clear.

...Actually, no. I'm telling you that I'm not going to be intently studying which weapon a horde of enemies I'll cut down like firewood happen to be holding. They're too small for it to be clear.

Mooks have names you know. What measurement is a mook anyways?

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I"m actually serious about Anna playing like Lissa, since they're low on ax users. I would love it if Anna fought as composite of her past incarnations. But since this community hates this game's existence I might as well join them. Can't be that black sheep you know?

Oh I didn't released you were talking about Anna being like Lissa, my bad. Anyways that could be a possiblity, but I think Bow is a good chance as that's actually the lowest number of weapons at the moment which if Anna is one will bring it equal to axes actually now that I think about it, we've still yet to get any other lance units besides Cordelia and Hinoka, and Dragonstone has yet to be fully confirmed with a Character despite it being in a convoy, so maybe those will be the least common weapon types?

Also about the weapon types of common grunts, probably have them in a different stance or whatever and try not to intermingle them too much would probably be a good idea. Just don't throw in a archer every other character in the crowd as I'm more then likely maining Cordelia and would really appreciate no BS unless I'm doing a hard history mode level or something gimmicky.

5 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Also about the weapon types of common grunts, probably have them in a different stance or whatever and try not to intermingle them too much would probably be a good idea. Just don't throw in a archer every other character in the crowd as I'm more then likely maining Cordelia and would really appreciate no BS unless I'm doing a hard history mode level or something gimmicky.

Don't remind me pegasi are so weak to bows here... honestly, above everything else I complain about, this might just be the deal-breaker.

11 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Oh I didn't released you were talking about Anna being like Lissa, my bad. Anyways that could be a possibility, but I think Bow is a good chance as that's actually the lowest number of weapons at the moment which if Anna is one will bring it equal to axes actually now that I think about it, we've still yet to get any other lance units besides Cordelia and Hinoka, and Dragonstone has yet to be fully confirmed with a Character despite it being in a convoy, so maybe those will be the least common weapon types?

Hey, if she fights with an ax & bow, I'll be more than satisfied.

Don't remind me pegasi are so weak to bows here... honestly, above everything else I complain about, this might just be the deal-breaker.

This, this doesn't need to be a thing in the game. There's being faithful & then there's being too faithful.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

This, this doesn't need to be a thing in the game. There's being faithful & then there's being too faithful.

Trying to remember the last time I, a pegasus rider, felt afraid of bows...

...Can you give me more time?

Trying to remember the last time I, a pegasus rider, felt afraid of bows...

...Can you give me more time?

Feel free to correct me on this, but didn't there have to be a skill to be effective against the pegasi in Echoes?

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Feel free to correct me on this, but didn't there have to be a skill to be effective against the pegasi in Echoes?

Yep. And even when they had it, there was an instance where one of those hit one of my pegasi, which a witch attacked another. The witch did more damage.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Yep. And even when they had it, there was an instance where one of those hit one of my pegasi, which a witch attacked another. The witch did more damage.

Yea, let's not be faithful to the source material in this case. I'm sure that's not too much to ask for........right?

Yea, let's not be faithful to the source material in this case. I'm sure that's not too much to ask for........right?

If they're pretending pegasi are scared of bows, they'll give the pegasi their Resistance.