Warriors Maps - This Ain't It, Is It?

Selena4Lyfe

Whew. Finished several units (or at least get the SP) thanks to map 5 on Hard:

Effie (got her Galeforce)

Elincia (got her Goad Fliers)

Hinoka (got her Drag Back, Death Blow 3, Reposition, and Luna; has the SP for Hit and Run)

Summer Corrin (got her Fury 3, Desperation 3, Reposition, Ardent Sacrifice, Darting Blow 3, and Blarblade; has the SP for Moonbow, Life and Death 3, and Blarblade+)

Ike (got him Swap and Quick Riposte 2 for the incoming TT)

Cordelia (got her Goad Fliers and the SP for Luna, Death Blow 3, and Life and Death 3)

Also got Mist to lv. 40.

Edited by Roflolxp54

So I did a quick couple of quick matches on map 5 on Hard and kept track of the units and SP gains.  You apparently get a total of 24 units spawned on the map in this mode, including the initial units on turn 1.  If you clean house with only one unit, you can net a total of 72 SP on normal days, and 144 SP on bonus days.  That nets roughly 720-1440 SP on one full stamina bar.

As much as I'd love to have more maps and thus more free orbs or feathers...yeah, I can't argue with those numbers.  Not one bit.  If you're training up a mage or archer, all you need is a beefy weaponless lancer, a pair of dancers, and you're set.

It's so awfully convenient that BK will get released tomorrow and these maps are perfect for armors like him.

The SP fest is real.

Edited by Rapier

4 minutes ago, Rapier said:

It's so awfully convenient that BK will get released tomorrow and these maps are perfect for armors like him.

The SP fest is real.

Yeah, as few and far between as the blue units are on map 5, it'll be a royal feast for that delightfully evil bastard.  ...  The BK was evil in PoR and RD, right (I mean, I know he was an antagonist and a villain even, but is he considered evil among FE alumni)?  I haven't had a chance to actually play the games.

7 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Yeah, as few and far between as the blue units are on map 5, it'll be a royal feast for that delightfully evil bastard.  ...  The BK was evil in PoR and RD, right (I mean, I know he was an antagonist and a villain even, but is he considered evil among FE alumni)?  I haven't had a chance to actually play the games.

"Yes", and that's all I can tell you without spoilers. Nothing stops you from one man soloing the map with him as you play his theme and curbstomp everything in your path though, as it's still in character.

Even with blue units, I don't think he'll have much trouble (other than with blue mages, which are annoying). A dancer and a healer with rehabilitate or another useful healing staff should be enough to circunvent that.

Which is best for grinding, map 5 Lunatic or Hard? I haven't seen much of a difference in those maps (but then again I'm not a perceptive person). SP gains don't really lower when you finish those maps, right? Because they do on Chain Challenges and on story/paralogue maps.

Edited by Rapier

Took my lv. 1 +Def/-Spd Oscar to the Warriors maps to train him up (made him equip Steel Lance so that he can more efficiently fight and tank green units).

By taking advantage of Summer Robin's Lance Valor 3 and the 2x SP Friday, by the time Oscar reached level 40, he got the SP for...

-Rally Spd/Def (part of base kit) (300 SP)

-Spur Def 1 > Spur Spd/Def 2 (part of base kit) (410 SP)

-Lancebreaker 1 > 3 (part of base kit) (350 SP)

-Glowing Ember > Bonfire (inherited) (450 SP)

-Fury 1 > 3 (inherited) (525 SP)

Edited by Roflolxp54

Not only this maps are awesome for SP grinding, they are ideal for leveling too. I have a pair of 5* units that I wasn't going to level because their goal in life was to be fed in the future to others, but when this maps came I got them to 40 anyway, it's easy and painless.

When they disappear we're going to really, really miss them.