FE16 "leaks"

18 hours ago, LaserDuda said:

My bad, I should've checked before posting. Either way I hope this means we might see something soon.

Oh it's ok though at least this is 100% confirmation nonetheless!

I guess we'll find out next week if rumors are right! 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does interest me how they only now decided to put a placeholder there. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a reveal sometime this month which would be good, though I'm still not going to get too excited since this isn't necessarily confirmation.

1 hour ago, LaserDuda said:

It does interest me how they only now decided to put a placeholder there. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a reveal sometime this month which would be good, though I'm still not going to get too excited since this isn't necessarily confirmation.

Well confirmation as in a placeholder spot on the official site although it still doesn't give that much to be hype for.

I'd say that early next week is the best chance we have for a direct announcement, just before the release of Bayonetta 1+2. I personally don't expect it to happen, since game press sites have already covered Bayo thoroughly, and the fact that Bayo is a port to begin with. Nintendo has infact already releases overview trailers for the game as well.

I've always thought that early March is way more likely than February, for two primary reasons: Kirby Star Allies launches in Mid-March and is Nintendo's first major first party (and non-port) release of 2018 and more importantly, the anniversary of the Switch's launch.  

Edited by Dandee Leone

This is getting tiring and infiriating,if we won't have a announcement/reveal this month then I'm done waiting.Not to mention the fact that with the latest Heroes and Warriors news it's like rubbing salt into the wound.

And something else,Big N still hasn't made officially clear its plans for the entire year,so a direct focusing on the likes of 1st party games or the online service makes sense.Not to metion the empty spot in the directs page.So logically you'd expect nintendo to lay out its plans for the rest of the year early on but with them you never know.

5 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

This is getting tiring and infiriating,if we won't have a announcement/reveal this month then I'm done waiting.Not to mention the fact that with the latest Heroes and Warriors news it's like rubbing salt into the wound.

And something else,Big N still hasn't made officially clear its plans for the entire year,so a direct focusing on the likes of 1st party games or the online service makes sense.Not to metion the empty spot in the directs page.So logically you'd expect nintendo to lay out its plans for the rest of the year early on but with them you never know.

Yeah at least with the Switch's 1st year Anniversary its pretty much at the start of March so it's the last shine of hope if its not this this month especially next week from the recent rumor. Its a shame though outside certain parts of the fanbase the game isn't on no ones radar as if it doesn't exist it makes my enthusiasm for it dropped a bit.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

7 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Yeah at least with the Switch's 1st year Anniversary its pretty much at the start of March so it's the last shine of hope if its not this this month especially next week from the recent rumor. Its a shame though outside certain parts of the fanbase the game isn't on no ones radar as if it doesn't exist it makes my enthusiasm for it dropped a bit.

Every day I don't hear about Fire Emblem Switch or Shin Megami Tensei V I go a little bit more insane

5 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I'm willing to wait untill the switch anniversary,if we don't get anything untill then I'm forgeting about this game before it drives me insane.

1 hour ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

I'm willing to wait untill the switch anniversary,if we don't get anything untill then I'm forgeting about this game before it drives me insane.

Jesus Christ dude, it's just a video game. You've been venting in this thread for weeks. 

Take a step back and think about something else now, not later. 

If you're so upset about this, waiting another month isn't going to help anything. 

Edited by Slumber

24 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Jesus Christ dude, it's just a video game. You've been venting in this thread for weeks. 

Take a step back and think about something else now, not later. 

If you're so upset about this, waiting another month isn't going to help anything. 

You're right,I'm overreacting here and definitely not helping my situation.I've been dealing with alot of stress lately due to exams so I just needed some good news.

4 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

You're right,I'm overreacting here and definitely not helping my situation.I've been dealing with alot of stress lately due to exams so I just needed some good news.

I don't blame you though its not just FE Switch that has 0 news lots of other things for the Switch needs to be addressed its just FE is the one that needs it the most since most people forget its coming this year or even exists outside some core fans depending on what's coming for the holiday time FE Switch needs a good bit of exposure for what's bigger coming later in the year. But again I'd wait till the end of this month or after the Switch's 1st year anniversary before worrying if nothing once again shows.

hi , i´m new here and sry for my really bad english!

U don't overreacting.....it is THE FIRE EMBLEM for switch.....everyone gets crazy,  i read through this forum and hope for a little information from nintendo next week.

If nothing comes from them next week.... then i sit down and drink a coffe.....a hell lot of coffe to calm down...

best greetings

the new guy from somewhere

2 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I don't blame you though its not just FE Switch that has 0 news lots of other things for the Switch needs to be addressed its just FE is the one that needs it the most since most people forget its coming this year or even exists outside some core fans depending on what's coming for the holiday time FE Switch needs a good bit of exposure for what's bigger coming later in the year. But again I'd wait till the end of this month or after the Switch's 1st year anniversary before worrying if nothing once again shows.

The fact that people are talking more about Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon,which will probably come out next year,says alot.Few are even aware that FE Switch exists and they don't even care,expect the core fan base.And Nintendo doesn't help by being radio silent.

Edited by The Lazy Tactician

1 hour ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

The fact that people are talking more about Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon,which will probably come out next year,says alot.Few are even aware that FE Switch exists and they don't even care,expect the core fan base.And Nintendo doesn't help by being radio silent.

Pokemon is a cultural phenomenon that has basically allowed Nintendo to dominate the mobile platform since its inception. The weight of the Pokemon franchise is beyond imagination. It isn't a franchise so much as it is a hurricane.

Metroid Prime 4 is absolutely newsworthy. It's the sequel to a legendary trilogy and a franchise which has not seen a new mainline game sincd 2010 (a game so controversial and reviled, by the way, that it makes FE Fates look like Path of Radiance or Blazing Sword). Metroid fans are starving for a new title.

I think you need to chill out. FE Switch will do fine. The Fire Emblem franchise has been quite commercially successful in recent years, and this game is being released for a massively successful console. We'll get news when we get it, and the release date won't come sooner if they showcase it in 5 minutes instead of 5 months.

45 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Pokemon is a cultural phenomenon that has basically allowed Nintendo to dominate the mobile platform since its inception. The weight of the Pokemon franchise is beyond imagination. It isn't a franchise so much as it is a hurricane.

Metroid Prime 4 is absolutely newsworthy. It's the sequel to a legendary trilogy and a franchise which has not seen a new mainline game sincd 2010 (a game so controversial and reviled, by the way, that it makes FE Fates look like Path of Radiance or Blazing Sword). Metroid fans are starving for a new title.

I think you need to chill out. FE Switch will do fine. The Fire Emblem franchise has been quite commercially successful in recent years, and this game is being released for a massively successful console. We'll get news when we get it, and the release date won't come sooner if they showcase it in 5 minutes instead of 5 months.

I'm just as excited as everyone else for Prime 4 but knowing that it's still a year away or more makes me not bother thinking about it that much.FE switch on the other hand is coming this year and it's one of the biggest 1st party titles from the company,that is why the silence on their part annoys me.I willing to wait for news,it's not like I can do anything else about the situation.

Edited by The Lazy Tactician

3 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

I'm just as excited as everyone else for Prime 4 but knowing that it's still a year away or more makes me not bother thinking about it that much.FE switch on the other hand is coming this year and it's one of the biggest 1st party titles from the company,that is why the silence on their part annoys me.I willing to wait for news,it's not like I can do anything else about the situation.

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”  - Aristotle

We will get there. Venting frustration at the lack of information does nothing.

57 minutes ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Let's just hope the game ends up being good,otherwise the fruit will also be bitter.

If it has everything that was successful in recent games and expand on things that needs work like ie(the story although I do enjoyed the recent ones but that's me) and add a few more game elements this game could potentially be the next big Awakening/Fates success game if done correctly.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Well if Metroid Prime 4 tanks then it's back to being a dead IP. Nintendo should try new IPs like Splatoon who is now one of their big IPs. IMO Metroid could've been Nintendo's Halo.

I think the usual casual Nintendo crowd is not yet there for the SWITCH hence why they're going for the LABO thingy. If IS wants to go hardcore FE, this is their opportunity to try it but try to keep some 3DS mechanics in to have mainstream appeal as well. I know the matchmaking mechanic at least attracts females.

Edited by Arvin

14 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Does it really?  If so, that surprises me, given how the "waifu culture" the 3DS games attracted should still be male-dominated.

Yup, in fact a good portion of Awakening's and Fates' success comes from the fact they're basically open-ended dating sims when you're not in battle, hence they're popular with dating sim crowd.

And I personally doubt IS and the big N are not going to at least try to attracy that market again.

Edited by Watchman

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Yup, in fact a good portion of Awakening's and Fates' success comes from the fact they're basically open-ended dating sims when you're not in battle.

While most of my friends got into Fire Emblem for the gameplay, I do have one who got into the 3DS games for the "waifu" (or in her case, "husbando") aspects .

17 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

Ugh, exams suck but you aren't doing yourself any favors getting so hung up over FE Switch's announcement. If anything it may be amplifying your stress, and I suggest taking a break from it. Try disconnecting from here, and do something that has relieved your stress in the past. Stressing over the release will not make it come about faster, and if Nintendo does a good job with FE Switch and it's announcement you will get hyped again pretty quickly.

19 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Does it really?  If so, that surprises me, given how the "waifu culture" the 3DS games attracted should still be male-dominated.

Being able to matchmake characters draws in quite a bit of females, but the waifu culture can draw them away again if it gets to be too much. However, I do need to point out that Awakening didn't actually have much waifu culture in it. Yes some of the scenes and lines the women can have are a bit ridiculous (flipping ChromxFRobin support), but that balances it out nicely by the males in the game being pretty fanservicey as well (just in a different matter). This is where Fates messed up. Awakening kept things more or less equal, but Fates pushed too hard in the direction of male-oriented fanservice. Yes there is still some stuff for us ladies, but there is a reason it took Tharja a bit longer to catch up to the level of ourtrage inspiration that Camilla got practically instantaneously.

Edited by YingofDarkness
There was a double space in my post that was annoying me

9 hours ago, Arvin said:

Well if Metroid Prime 4 tanks then it's back to being a dead IP. Nintendo should try new IPs like Splatoon who is now one of their big IPs. IMO Metroid could've been Nintendo's Halo.

I think the usual casual Nintendo crowd is not yet there for the SWITCH hence why they're going for the LABO thingy. If IS wants to go hardcore FE, this is their opportunity to try it but try to keep some 3DS mechanics in to have mainstream appeal as well. I know the matchmaking mechanic at least attracts females.

Lol its called waifu emblem for a reason I know some fangirls have their Chrom, Takumi, Xander, Leo etc to get with but its more dominatly for the male crowd especially otakus (FE is obviously a jp game and all lol) plus Nintendo is embracing it with their other IPs and the 3rd parties coming but I still get your point lol give a bone to hardcore players while keeping the casual mainstream base happy and satisfied.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn