Do I know the story? (Spoilers!!)

IEatLasers

So I ran into spoilers on accident so I’m going to tell you guys the story. 

Please don’t correct me, fill in gaps, or etc. I don’t want to know and I’m trying to figure out if I can still be excited for it. 

So the twins kingdom is attacked. Their mom dies. Neither want to be king/Queen. 

Darius eventually revived the mom at the cost of his life so they don’t have to be king or queen anyway now 

turns out he didn’t die but got possessed 

possessed Darius teams up with the villain squad 

darius kills his dad as a sacrifice. 

Heroes defeat the villains. 

Heros kill Darius 

too late, Evil Dragon is summoned 

heroes kill evil dragon

everyone goes home 

is that pretty much it? Should I be excited for more? 

Well haven't gotten to the sacrifice yet. Just finished chapter 7 and I have to say the story is a weak as we feared, but at least the Awakening cast got some sweet moments and pretty cutscenes out of it. 

So far, from what I have seen of the Hoshidan chapters, they are mostly text based and have the most contrived reason for fighting the heroes. Thinking their other siblings were taken hostage. You know, even as said sibling(s) actively attack them. Happened with both Hinoka and Takumi. Takumi was even worse, since Rowan caught the plot-disease from Fates, so both Hinoka and Sakura spend the chapter breezing past Takumi in search of a cure. They made him a sideshow in his own damn chapter.

Speaking of the twins, they don't really do much outside of gameplay. Lianna, while a bit bland is at least sweet and inoffensive. Rowan keeps bumbling around and hitting every single idiot hero trope in the book while being increfibly obnoxious. The plot illness didn't help matters, so I am pretty annoyed at him right now.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

So far, from what I have seen of the Hoshidan chapters, they are mostly text based and have the most contrived reason for fighting the heroes. Thinking their other siblings were taken hostage. You know, even as said sibling(s) actively attack them. Happened with both Hinoka and Takumi. Takumi was even worse, since Rowan caught the plot-disease from Fates, so both Hinoka and Sakura spend the chapter breezing past Takumi in search of a cure. They made him a sideshow in his own damn chapter.

Takumeme, forever doomed to play second-fiddle to everything and everyone.

RIP.

And I must say, it really sounds like this game tries to hit on every bad cliche in the series and then some.

44 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

Takumi the side show............*giggle*. No wait, must not be petty.

You are doing a great job.

Anyway, so the group meets with Ryouma, and we actualy have this pretty awesome climax of all the Hoshidan siblings swarming out and fighting the Nohrian com mons who were attacking the Hoshido map. Afterwards, Ryouma tells his siblings to stay with Rowan and co. while he goes looking for Kamui. Already looking forward to benching her.

Now I have to clear the Nohrian maps before I can continue any further. I'll keep you guys posted.

Edited by Nanima

24 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Wait not I’m saying not to tell me or give more detail...

Sorry, I confused this with a general story discussion thread. I'll just make a new one for that.

• 3 weeks later...