Things From the Older Games You Would Like to See Renewed

Ae†her

7 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Then just assume the computer is a genius that will intentionally let all the weakest attacks get blocked. Also, just so you know, the ninjas will always attack first so you can always count on that. That's still a massive reduction.

And the stat boosts may be lesser in this game, but so are stats in general, so the relative improvement is roughly the same, and actually doesn't require any investment in the back unit at all to be effective.

Sure, ninjas tend to attack first, but their stat drops are hardly all there's to worry about...

Perhaps, but like I said, I consider using units just to be pair up bots to be wasting unit slots I could've put to better use. TBH, about the only time I'd consider it is where Arthur's a factor (like in chapter 14 Rev), and that's more because he's just that much of a liability.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Perhaps, but like I said, I consider using units just to be pair up bots to be wasting unit slots I could've put to better use. TBH, about the only time I'd consider it is where Arthur's a factor (like in chapter 14 Rev), and that's more because he's just that much of a liability.

Even for Ryoma and Xander and Corrin, units practically designed for enemy phase and who are almost never ever ever more useful unpaired than paired? Even when some of them have issues that pair-up bots can easily patch up? Even when the decision not to train them means more experience to go around and thus a stronger army in general?

51 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Even for Ryoma and Xander and Corrin, units practically designed for enemy phase and who are almost never ever ever more useful unpaired than paired? Even when some of them have issues that pair-up bots can easily patch up? Even when the decision not to train them means more experience to go around and thus a stronger army in general?

You mean the same Ryoma who I think doesn't live up to the hype??? THAT Ryoma? Real talk: I never use Ryoma outside of marrying him off, and Xander does what I need him to do well enough even without a pair up. As for Corrin, if you're referring to Jakob, then you aren't helping your case since I much prefer to use a male Corrin. Also, with the exp formula being stricter on higher level units, that's not helping, and thus, my army probably isn't going to be leaps and bounds better. Oh, and let's not forget the limited number of Master Seals... that are likely going to the units I'm taking for the long haul.

5 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

You mean the same Ryoma who I think doesn't live up to the hype??? THAT Ryoma?

Are you referring to his low defensive scores you were talking about earlier? Can you clear something up for me? If I understand your position from what you said here and in other threads, you simultaneously think:

*The Hoshidan roster is so fragile that it impacts difficulty significantly

* Pair-up, which lets you sacrifice one unit to triple the survivability of the other, is unnecessary and a waste of time.

Do I have that right?

Edited by Alastor15243

25 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Are you referring to his low defensive scores you were talking about earlier? Can you clear something up for me? If I understand your position from what you said here and in other threads, you simultaneously think:

*The Hoshidan roster is so fragile that it impacts difficulty significantly

* Pair-up, which lets you sacrifice one unit to triple the survivability of the other, is unnecessary and a waste of time.

Do I have that right?

I'd say that the fragility of the majority of the Hoshidan cast is more likely to result in frustration, and for a newcomer, that's a Very Bad Thing, because it all but ensures they get turned away from trying other FE games. Also, pair up "tripling survivability" doesn't mean jack when most of your units die in two hits.

23 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I'd say that the fragility of the majority of the Hoshidan cast is more likely to result in frustration, and for a newcomer, that's a Very Bad Thing, because it all but ensures they get turned away from trying other FE games. Also, pair up "tripling survivability" doesn't mean jack when most of your units die in two hits.

What the hell game are you playing? It's not remotely that bad at all.